Posted on 09/29/2009 3:56:04 PM PDT by Nachum
WASHINGTON (AP) - The top general in Iraq is sending home thousands more U.S. troops by the end of October as the American military pulls back from the six-year war.
Army Gen. Ray Odierno said in remarks prepared for a congressional hearing Wednesday that the number of U.S. soldiers in Iraq will total about 120,000 over the next month.
He said that will mean about 4,000 fewer troops than are in Iraq nowabout the size of an Army brigade.
(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...
1/82nd BCT replaced RCT6 and RCT8 in Anbar. TOA was last week. The last of the USMC MEF that is MNF-W probably will be gone in October. That is the reduction: Anbar.
The Marines will probably be doubling up in Afghanistan by Jan...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.