Congress Party supporters celebrated on Saturday in Jammu, India.
Singh is a very good leader. The Paki’s will not be happy...but I am! It is very good to see India is moving in the correct direction.
That looks like Chaguanas, Trinidad!
We need India.
Future haven for American conservatives?
...sidelining small, regional party bosses and potentially diminishing the power of communists who had been largely responsible for blocking economic reforms over the last five years. With the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party conceding defeat by early afternoon, the apparent Congress landslide signals the possibility of a stable and strong government in the face of stiff challenges: a sharp slowdown in economic growth, abiding poverty and instability in the region, including in Pakistan.
It’s interesting to note that Israeli and Indian security/military/intelligence cooperation has grown tremendously in the past few years.
1) Israel could be putting some eggs in the Indian basket should America desert them (possible with Obama)
2) Israel can (possibly) be providing/sharing very powerful intel on Pakistan/Iran and other terrorism interests of India. perhaps they work a “sandwich” effect between the region (Israel on the west—India on the east—Iran/Iraq/Pakistan in the middle)
3) India has permitted Israel to launch satellite’s into space. perhaps other elements of Israeli military train/base there. an example could be Israeli nuke subs/ships.
4) Israeli Sayeret Merkal forces have trained Indian-anti-terror forces
5) India and Israel share mutual interests. The question is if Israel can be valuable enough to India that India would help defend Israel if America wouldn’t