Posted on 08/20/2007 11:39:44 AM PDT by montyspython
NATO chasing 7 escapees from Kosovo prison
Monday, August 20, 2007 7:34 AM
PRISTINA, Serbia-Seven inmates escaped from a high-security prison over the weekend in western Kosovo, and police backed by NATO helicopters launched a manhunt throughout the province, authorities said Monday.
The convicts, on a scheduled walk in a yard at Dubrava prison late Saturday, were supported by an armed group who shot at guards and at least one of the inmates participated in the gunbattle, police spokesman Veton Elshani said. They were able to jump over a surrounding wall and fence.
Two senior prison officials and two prison guards were arrested on suspicion of involvement, Elshani said. No injuries were reported.
Police said they found six unused rocket launchers and shell casings from automatic rifles at the site of the gunbattle.
The inmates, some convicted of terrorism, murder and theft, were believed to still be in the province, but police have notified authorities in neighboring countries.
Kosovo has been run by the United Nations and NATO since 1999, when NATO launched an air war to stop the Serb government's onslaught on Albanian separatists.
The really happy ending as I see it would be for an asteroid to hit our state department, Russian and Serbian tanks to roll into Kosovo, and the entire Christian majority in America pull its kids (all of them) out of the NEA schools in a single day, two months before the elections in 08.
Bump
http://www.savekosovo.org
(for anyone who has not seen the pictures of nevil chamberlin state department at work...)
Why are you blaming just the State Dep’t? Bush has come out strongly in favour of the Kosovo Albanians.
The state department has been supportive of the islamofacists and saudi funded wahabis (see front page magazine) on this issue since the 1990s.
The career state department types left over from the USSR cold war days basically unleased the bloodbath by siding against the Christians.
The Bush administration is wrong for continuing the Clinton administration incompetence in the region.
Bush has had 6 years to turn it around and hasn’t done a thing. He shares just as much of the blame as does the State Dep’t.
When will they return his watch?
When they can steal his pants.
A little info on some of the escapees courtesy of http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2295850.ece
“Among the escapees were Ramadan Shiti, a Saudi-born suspected Islamist terrorist expelled from his native country for allegedly plotting an attack on senior public figures, and Lirim Jakupi, a leader of the rebel Albanian National Army - a group of guerrillas who fight for a greater Albanian state in the Balkans. Nicknamed Commander Nazi, Jakupi was being held over the murder of a Serbian policeman and other attacks.
Shiti had been arrested in 2005 by US, Polish and Ukrainian forces acting for the UN on an international arrest warrant after an armed break-out earlier that year from a jail in Skopje, the Macedonian capital, where he was held over the murder of a taxi driver. He has also been linked with a bomb attack on a police station in Skopje in 2005.
Jakupi has been named on an EU blacklist of dangerous individuals making him subject to a travel ban.
Also in the freed group was Xhavid Morina, known as Commander Drenica, also a senior figure in the ANA and allegedly responsible for the murder of two police officers.”
Fantastic, basically Kosovo is becoming an internationally sanctioned Criminal’s Convention. I guess Vegas was overbooked this year.
Thes guys are like cigani, they can steal the underwear from underneath his trousers and he wouldn’t have noticed it.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.