Skip to comments.Peterson: Bush Is Right to Snub 'Racist' NAACP
Posted on 07/15/2004 7:10:09 AM PDT by kattracks
The Democrat group that calls itself National Association for the Advancement of Colored People just can't understand why President Bush won't address it. Gee, could his reluctance have anything to do with the organization's recent history of hatemongering?
Although NAACP was a civil rights organization years ago, it has degenerated into a partisan attack dog for plantation boss Terry McAuliffe:
- During the 2000 campaign it outrageously tried to blame President Bush for the sickening murder of James Byrd. (Note to NAACP: John Kerry, not Bush, is the one who opposes the death penalty for vicious killers).
- Democrat Julian Bond, chairman of NAACP, in 2001 tried to compare the Bush administration to "the Taliban."
- Last week Democrat NAACP boss Kweisi Mfume accused Bush of treating blacks like prostitutes and of wanting to "take blacks back to the days of Jim Crow."
- To find out more of NAACP's outrages, check out the column by NewsMaxs Armstrong Williams.
The Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, founder and president of BOND, the Brotherhood Organization of A New Destiny, has fired back: "So who's really pimping the black community, President Bush who refuses the phony overtures of a black racist organization, or the NAACP the liberal elite Democratic Party, and are led by a man [Mfume] who has fathered five children out of wedlock by three different women?
Peterson, author of "Scam: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America," concluded: "I commend President Bush for rejecting the NAACP's invitation. Had the president accepted the invitation, it would have been a slap in the face to Colin Powell, Condolleeza Rice, and black Republicans."
President Bush address NAACP? Why, that would be like:
- Sen. Teddy Kennedy facing a group that opposes violence against women.
- Sen. Rick Santorum speaking to NAMBLA.
- Rep. Barney Frank addressing the Boy Scouts of America.
- Florida Gov. Jeb Bush promoting a pro-infanticide outfit.
- Sen. Patty "Osama Mama" Murray speaking to Daughters of the American Revolution.
- Phyllis Schlafly addressing so-called National Organization for Women.
- Sen. Robert Byrd urging on an anti-Klan rally.
Kerry, who of course will speak to the pro-Kerry NAACP, today sniped at President Bush by claiming, "I will be a president who talks with everyone those who agree with me and those who don't."
Really? Then when will he address Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth and all his other critics?
Kerry would talk at a NAMBLA convention if he thought it would help him.
Rev. Jessie Lee Peterson is Awesome!
OK....let's see, Mr "I am all things to all people", how about speaking at the Veterans Against John Kerry convention or how about an interview for "StopJohnKerry.com" or let's see...I know, an interview on the 700 Club with Pat Robertson.
The time is well past for freepers with legal credentials to challenge the tax free status of the NAACP. That is my fervent hope and prayer...When they are put in a financial position where they have to reflect the concerns of their membership, their leadership and agenda will change rapidly.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.