Skip to comments.DOES THE LEFT SUFFER FROM ODS (OBAMA DISAPPOINTMENT SYNDROME)?
Posted on 09/18/2019 4:38:24 AM PDT by Rocky
...the most interesting part of liberal writer George Packers widely noticed recent Atlantic essay, When the Culture War Comes for the Kids. The article details his dismay at the identity politics/standards-shredding orthodoxy that has overtaken New Yorks public schools under leftist Mayor Bill de Blasio. (Is he still a candidate for president, by the way? Ive lost track. . .) Packer here sounds like a late-60s liberal who is about to move to a New York suburb for better schools for his kids.
Worth reading the whole thing if you have time, but the interesting part to me begins in section 5, as it tracks with a theory I first hatched in conversation with Charles Murray back around 2015 or 2016, namely, that the left had descended into a rage because things hadnt gone according to plan under their lightworker, Obama. Think of it as Obama Disappointment Syndrome.
(Excerpt) Read more at powerlineblog.com ...
The left lives in an echo chamber.
Obama Disappointment Syndrome was rearing its ugly head.
Premier movie director, Oliver Stone, said that many Americans had become disillusioned
with Barack Obama's policies, having originally thought he would be "a man of great integrity."
Stone said: "On the contrary, Obama doubled down on the (George W.) Bush administration policies," and
"had created ... the most massive global security surveillance state that's ever been seen, way beyond East Germany's Stasi".
(hat tip WIKI)
Another reason that The left whack jobs and the rat party are very angry because Trump is erasing , reversing, as much of the damage as he can that was created by the 0bammy. Trump is exposing 0bammy and the corrupt 0bammy government.
The Left suffers from something all right! The entire Left is a mass psychosis. and half the US population is infected with it.
Pray that the sane half of America prevails and will be able to help cure the insane half.
"This next election isnt an election at all. Its an IQ test." ~Dana1960
Things haven’t gone according to plan under their “lightworker,” Obama. The Left continually attempts to force-fit reality into their ideology. Perhaps their rage today is a result of constant frustration as they keep finding that declaring something as real does not make it real.
“The Left continually attempts to force-fit reality into their ideology.”
What a great phrase says it all in 11 words.
1. Marriage is not between a man and a woman. It’s between anyone and anything.
2. Abortion is not killing innocents. It’s health care.
3. The Constitution is not a set of rules. It’s a living, breathing, pliable document.
4. A country that eliminated slavery, passed civil rights for all and elected a black president to two terms is more racist than ever.
5. America wanted Hillary as president and all Americans are angry that it did not happen.
6. Liberal Supreme Court Justice nominees should be approved as soon as they are nominated with minimal or no background checks. Conservative nominees should be subjected to intense background checks and any accusations of wrongdoing are to be accepted at face value.
7. If an economy is doing poorly, it’s due to the policies of the most recent Republican president, no matter how many years ago he was in office. If an economy is doing well, it’s due to the policies of the most recent Democrat president, no matter how many years ago he was in office.
OOPS, I forgot.
8. A woman does not need a gun in her purse to protect herself. If someone is attacking her, she should simply call the police on her cell phone.
The excuse that Obama used to use was that he hadn't explained a bad policy well enough. He just needed to give more speeches until those stupid voters got it.
Hey, progressive allies: let your freak flag fly.
Today’s “progressives” are just yesterday’s warmed-over regressives.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.