Skip to comments.Liberal Lunatic of the Day (5/21/2005) The liberal press
Posted on 05/21/2005 6:07:25 AM PDT by Beckwith
The liberal press enables terrorism
It is the goal of Islam to convert the entire world, by the sword if need be, to the Muslim faith and culture. The sooner we realize the nature and extent of the conflict we're in the more likely we'll be able to successfully defend ourselves against it. However, Islam, with the help of the liberal press, is winning the propaganda war.
Panties on captives heads, rumors of Koran desecration and menstrual fluids, Saddam in skivvies, etc., cause Muslims to go insane, to riot, to commit murder, usually with a couple of guys with bull-horns leading the charge. This is the behavior of crazy people. But these actions cause the sensitive American government, pilloried by relentless, negative press coverage, to walk on eggshells and issue apology after apology for the injured feelings of people who feel nothing when lopping the heads off of men and women, civilian or military and dragging their corpses through the streets or hanging them off bridges.
If killing people and rioting is an acceptable way to express ones concern over religious desecration, what is an acceptable way for Christians to react to hundreds of Christian Churches not only being being desecrated but being blown up? And if the Koran in a toilet is a story, isn't the destruction of churches a story?
Since 1999 Muslims have destroyed 140 Christian Churches in Kosovo. What has been the official Muslim response from Palestine, Egypt, Sudan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, the Gaza Strip, Afghanistan, etc., to that desecration of Christian churches and artifacts? Dead silence. And what is the reaction to these incidents in the press? None.
In just the last year, Muslims have dynamited the following Christian Churches in Kosovo:
1. Orthodox Cathedral of the Most Holy Mother of God of Ljevis, 14th century (Prizren)
2. Church of Holy Salvation, 14th century (Prizren)
3. Orthodox Cathedral of the Holy Great Martyr George, 20th century (Prizren)
4. Holy Archangels Monastery, 14th century (Prizren)
5. Church of St. George Runovic, 15th century (Prizren, courtyard of the Episcopate)
6. Church of St. John the Fore-runner and Baptist (Pec) with parish home
7. Church of the Entry of the Most Holy Mother of God into the Temple (Belo Polje near Pec)
8. Church of the Dormition of the Most Holy Mother of God (Djakovica) with parish home
9. Church of the Holy King Uros (Urosevac)
10. Church of St. Nicholas (Kosovo Polje)
11. Church of St. Catharine (Bresje near Kosovo Polje)
12. Church of St. Nicholas (Pristina)
13. Church of St. Nicholas (Gnjilane)
14. Church of St. Sava (Kosovska Mitrovica)
15. Church in Vitina (Vitina near Gnjilane)
16. Devic Monastery, 14th century (Srbica)
17. Church in Donja Slapasnica (Kosovska Kamenica)
18. Church in Brnjak near Bela Crkva (Orahovac)
19. Church of St. John the Fore-runner and Baptist (Pecka Banja)
20. Church of St. Elijah, 19th century (Vucitrn)
21. Church of St. Michael (Stimlje)
22. Church in Obilic (Obilic)
23. Church of St. Lazarus in Piskoti (Djakovica), damaged in 1999, now burned
24. Sts. Cyril and Methodius Seminary building (Prizren)
25. Episcopate - seat of the Diocese of Raska and Prizren (Prizren)
Muslims are cleansing Kosovo of any evidence of Christianity and they're doing the same thing in Albania. Isn't that ethnic cleansing? Or is it only ethnic cleansing when it's being done to Muslims? Why isn't this destruction of everything Christian being reported by the liberal media? Certainly, blowing up churches is a bigger story than Saddam's skivvies.
If running amuck, murder and mayhem is an acceptable way to express outrage over the desecration of religious symbols, what is an acceptable way for Jews to react to the desecration of their shrines?
In October 2000, after Israeli troops evacuated the city of Nablus, scores of Palestinians stormed into the Joseph's Tomb compound and destroyed the site believed to be the burial place of the biblical patriarch Joseph, the son of Jacob who was sold by his brothers into slavery and later became the viceroy of Egypt. A Muslim crowd burned Jewish prayer books and other holy objects. Palestinians used pickaxes, hammers and later bulldozers to tear apart the stone building. The dome of the tomb was painted green, and a mosque was subsequently erected in its place.
A couple of small articles on page nine of the news was all that this desecration warranted in the liberal press. No big deal, because this desecration was by Muslims. Move on, no story here.
If the desecration of religious symbols justifies violence, where is the violence from Buddhists over the Taliban's desecration of the ancient Buddha statues at Bamiyan, which were completely destroyed by the ruling Taliban militia. The liberal press covered this for three days, unlike Abu Ghraib which has been front page news for a year or more.
link: Blowing Up Christian Churches in Kosovo
link: The desecration of Joseph's Tomb
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.