Skip to comments.Gay rights activists demand DC Comics fire Mormon Superman writer (Orson Scott Card)
Posted on 02/13/2013 1:03:10 PM PST by 2ndDivisionVetEdited on 02/13/2013 1:50:36 PM PST by Admin Moderator. [history]
A writer for DC Comics‘ Superman series has come under attack by homosexual rights activists, who view his work as anti-gay and want him fired.
Orson Scott Card is one of a team of writers and artists to create the new digital DC Comics product, “Adventures of Superman,” according to a report from Fox News. Mr. Card is a Mormon and vocal opponent of gay marriage. Fox News reported he once referred to same-sex marriage as the end of democracy in American and suggested “the left is at war with the family.”
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...
I await the counter demand that they shove their demands up their smelly Obamas.
After all, there’s plenty else that’s already been there.
In the new socialist republic of America, ideology is all.
The Gay mafia strikes again.
2% of the population seems to want to dictate to the other 98% who can have jobs. It seems it would be a lot easier to fire the homosexuals, than the straights.
And why shouldn’t they demand it? The administration, the churches, the boy scouts, are all giving into these nasties. Why shouldn’t they go for it and get it?
I’m going to Chik-Fil-A.
DC should do what the Celestial Seasonings tea company did and tell the Gaystapo to go **** themselves.
Messing with the author of the Ender Saga seems foolish. Everybody (but one) who tried to take out little Ender ended up dead. Very messy, kicked and beat to death (or disintegrated by the billions) dead.
Is there no end to the attacks coming from the Fudge packers.
Now they are attacking comic books. And of course we all know why. because children read comic books and the pedophiles want access to these children.
They would like nothing better than a homosexual Superman.
Gays? So now, will the anti-mormon crowd on FR be up in arms dancing a jig with the homos?
Venturer ~:” Is there no end to the attacks coming from the Fudge packers.”
Just more of the Saul D. Alinsky “Rules for Radicals”:
#1) Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.
Power is derived from 2 main sources money and people.
#8) Keep the pressure on. Never let up. Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance.
#9) The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.
# 12) Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.
Cut off the support network and ISOLATE the target from sympathy.
Go after PEOPLE and not institutions
Just more activities out of the ‘playbook’
For what purpose :”the pedophiles want access to these children.”
A writer for DC Comics Superman series has come under attack by homosexual rights activists, who view his work as anti-gay and want him fired.
Orson Scott Card is one of a team of writers and artists to create the new digital DC Comics product, Adventures of Superman, according to a report from Fox News. Mr. Card is a Mormon and vocal opponent of gay marriage.
Orson Scott Card is writing Superman? Interesting. Wow.
"He's a Mormon and a vocal opponent of sodomite marriage." He's also a very well known, very good science fiction author, and has been for a long, long time.
This is hysterical...DC Comics is ALREADY pro-gay...most of the people that work in the comics industry are pro-gay leftists...DC has been shoveling sodomite characters into their books for years...
LOL! Public housing.
Yes. That is how this works. They get "gay rights" and we lose our First Amendment right of free speech.
The bast**ds already took Allen Scott the original Green Lantern and just keep trying to get more. Why am I not suprised.
You want to turn this into an opportunity to promote Mormonism? Don’t you guys ever take a break in your war against Christianity? If a Muslim takes a position against homosexuality are you going to turn that into a pro-Islam hijack on threads?
and that was a massive flop.
and it was in an alternative alternative dimension so it is not even going to “stay in the continuity.”
The DC suits have a major movie comming out, they can’t afford to fail. A failure will kill their justice league movie development.
if they cave to a 2% fetish they know they are doomed.
Also this is not even a blip on the radar, only 4000 ALLEGED signatures. Nobody cares.
Generally, I don’t care what religion you have, as long as it’s not muslim.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.