Skip to comments.Various Christian Creeds Down through the Ages
Posted on 05/25/2008 4:11:19 AM PDT by restornu
Puritan & Pilgrim
Independent Old Catholic Church
Below is the Creed of the Church, the body of Christ, that Bible believing Christians live by, ignoring the heresies of so many sects and denominations who follow traditions and substitute the laws of man for the laws of God.
[1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.]
13. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15. And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
16. For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20. Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Whew! I didn’t realize there were so many different definitions of what a Christian is!
Is this the “anti-Christian” thread for the day?
I don’t think you can get more pro-Christian than this thread!
Starting with the Articles of Faith? And a BYU propaganda video trying to validate the mormon claims of "restoration".
I think not. Nice try, though.
The Baptist Confession of 1688 is a bit over the top.
I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.
Joseph Smith's "First Vision", verse 19, taken from History of the [LDS] Church, Vol. 1, Chapters 1-5
Well, since this IS the Lord’s Day, why don’t we just read what we want, form our opinions, and wait for tomorrow to post them. That way, we can keep the Spirit of the Day without feeling the gravity of disagreement.
At least, that’s the way I see it. :o])
From my observations here on FR, that pretty seems to sum up the whole LDS faith.
Why not have the thread pulled then, and repost it tomorrow? We could all concentrate on the Lord's day that way.
I, for one, will pretend the thread is a reference point, and as such, I can wait until tomorrow to discuss pro or con.
For today, I’d rather concentrate on things that are truly important to me, such as increasing my spirituality by changing my negative outlook about one thing. The thing is not the point. The outlook is.
For instance, I can choose to feel compassion for Ted Kennedy and his family, rather than concentrate on the politics they represent. See how easy that is?
Some creeds were more political documents than religous documents.
For example, there was a time when the King of England was getting a little too cozy with the Catholic church, and even married a Catholic woman. Parliament wanted to overthrow the king because of it. Fearing that Parliament would call on Ireland to help toss him off the throne, the King reached out to Scotland for help. Scotland said they would help IF the King had the CoE switch over to Presbyterianism. The Westminster Confession of faith was born out of those negotiations as a vehicle to help the king secure the help of the Scots to win a civil war.
Gosh, that sounds JUST like Utah!
The Westminster Confession of faith was born out of those negotiations
The flourishing and growth of the FLDS was born out of the inaction of Utah and Arizona.
" Fearing that
Parliament the LDS authorities would call on Ireland loyal members to help toss him off the throne out of office...Shurtleff refrained from following through on 80 warrants against the Kingston family, "We elected not to do that to try and work with their attorney. And, of course, the result of that was all our subjects disappeared, our targets disappeared and we didn't get the warrants served like we hoped to do," said Shurtleff."
Is this the type of lesson you hoped to provide in your post regarding the Westminster Confession? Something along the lines of "faith and politics"?
Gosh, that sounds JUST like Utah!
I would say it peek his interest since he is from Canada!
Does that give a clue as to why Joseph Smith said that
"He again forbade me to join with any of them; and many other things did he say unto me, which I cannot write at this time. When I came to myself again, I found myself alying on my back, looking up into heaven. When the light had departed, I had no strength; but soon recovering in some degree, I went home. And as I leaned up to the fireplace, bmother inquired what the matter was. I replied, Never mind, all is wellI am well enough off. I then said to my mother, I have learned for myself that Presbyterianism is not true.
Elsie would love to know.
Just to let you know I did not go into that direction I could have I had a jpg.
To be honest I never knew there were so many creeds I knew of the two most popular had no clue that even the same denomination had different creeds among them!
The point of the talk was many were to polemic or imposing bias restrictions which the Lord did not sanction by revelation some it took a few century to mold it where man was comfortable with it.
Reminds me why the Lord did not want anyone to steady the Ark of Covenants!
Some met well but that is not the Lord's way!
Mormon schismatic movements, many of these vary in doctrine; some hold the same basic doctines as another except for one or two points, or vary in practice. See also this thread
FOUNDED BETWEEN 1830 AND 1844
Pure Church of Christ, Wycam Clark, 1831
The Independent Church, Hoton, 1832
Church of Christ, Ezra Booth, 1836
Church of Christ, Warren Parrish, 1837
The Church of Jesus Christ, the Bride, The Lamb’s Wife, George M. Hinkle, 1840
Church of Christ, Hyrum Page, 1842
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, F. Gladden Bishop
True Church of Jessu Christ of Latter Day Saints, Law, Foster, Higbee, 1844
Church of Christ, William Chubby
NON-EXTANT MOVEMENTS FOUNDED 1844-1860
Church of Christ / Church of Jesus Christ of the Children of Zion, Sidney Rigdon, 1844
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, James Emmett, 1844
Church of Christ, S. B. Stoddard, Leonard Rich, James Bump, 1845
Indian Mormon, 1846
Church of Christ, William McLellin, David Whitmer, 1847
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, William Smith, 1847
Congregation of Jehovah’s Presbytery of Zion, Charles B. Thompson, 1848
Church of Christ, James C. Brewster, 1848
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Lyman Wight, 1849
The Bride, The Lamb’s Wife or Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Jacob Syfritt, 1850
Church of Christ, Hazen Aldrich, 1851
Splinter Groups and Sub-movements of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, James J. Strang, 1844
Church of Christ, Aaron Smith, 1846
Church of the Messiah, George J. Adams, 1861
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Strangite)
Holy Church of Jesus Christ, Alexandre R. Caffiaux
House of Ephraim and House of Manasseh of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Jerry Sheppard
The True Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, David L. Roberts
Marriage Counseling Group
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, John J. Hajicek
Strangite Believers in Pennsylvania
Splinter Groups and Sub-movements of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Brigham Young, 1847
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints or Church of the First Born, Joseph Morris, 1861
The Prophet Cainan or Church of Jesus Christ of the Saints of the Most High God, George Williams, 1862
Morrisite Group, John Livingston, 1864
Church of Zion, William S. Godbe, 1868
Church of the First Born, George S. Dove, 1874
Priesthood Groups (Fundamentalists), 1890
United Order of Equality, Ephraim Peterson, 1909
The Church of Jesus Christ of Israel, J. H. Sherwood
Order of Aaron, Maurice L. Glendenning
Church of Freedom of Latter Day Saints, 1950s
Zion’s Order of the Sons of Levi, Marl V. Kilgore, 1951
The Church of the Firstborn of the Fulness of Times, Joel F. LeBaron
The Church of the Firstborn, Ross W. LeBaron, 1955
Perfected Church of Jesus Christ of Immaculate Latter Day Saints, William C. Conway, 1958
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, John Forsgren, 1960
Church of Jesus Christ, William Goldman, 1960
LDS Scripture Researchers/Believe God Society, Sherman Russell Lloyd, 1965
The Church of the Body and of the Spirit of Jessu Christ, Max Powers, 1965
United Order of the Saints of Guadeloupe, Michel Gamiette, 1966
United Order of the Family of Christ, David E. Desmond, 1966
Split from Zion’s Order of the Sons of Levi, Eldon Taylor, 1969
Homosexual Church of Jesus Christ, Denver, Colorado, 1972
Latter Day Saints Church, N.S. Park, 1972
The Church of the Lamb of God, Ervil M. LeBaron, 1972
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Mikhail Krupenia, 1972
The New Jerusalem Group, Kathryn Carter, 1972
The Watchmen on the Towers of Latter Day Israel, Miltenberg, Braun, 1973
Church of Jesus Christ in Solemn Assembly, Alexnader Joseph, 1974
Evangelical Church of Christ, Church of the New Covenant in Christ, John W. Bryant, 1974
Split form Zion’s Order of the Sons of Levi, Barton Kilgore, 1975
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Robert Simons, 1975
Church of the Firstborn of the Fulness of Times, Bruce Wakeham, 1975
Aaronic Order Break-off, 1977
Christ’s Church, Inc., Gerald Peterson, 1978
Church of Jesus Christ, Art Bulla, 1978
The Restorers or School of the Prophets, Robert C. Crossfield, 1979
Zion’s First International Church, LeeAnn Walker, 1980
The Free Will Mormon Church, Franklin Lee Coleman, 1980
Church of Jesus Christ, Jorge Mora, 1981
Sons Ahman Israel, Davied Israel, 1981
Samoan LDS Church, New Zealand, 1981
The Millennial Church of Jesus Christ, Leo P. Evoniuk, 1981
Peyote Way Church of God, Immanuel P. Trujillo, 1981
The Chruch of Jesus Christ of the Saints in Zion, Ken Asay, 1984
Break from the Church of Jesus Christ in Solemn Assembly, 1984
Church of Jesus Christ of All Latter-day Saints or Restoration Church of Jesus Christ, Antonio A. Feliz, 1985
Church of Christ of Latter-day Saints, Robert P. Madison, 1985
Church of Christ the Firstborn of the Fulness of Times, Siegfried J. Widmar, 1985
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Fundamentalists, Wight Family, 1985
Mormon Fundamentalists, England, Alan and Marian Munn, 1986
Churchof Jesus Christ Omnipotent, 1987
Community of Zion, Central Utah Division
Church of the First Born, General Assembly
Splinter Groups and Sub-movements of The Church of Jesus Christ, Alpheus Cutler, 1853
Church of Jesus Christ, Clyde Fletcher, 1953
The Restored Church of Jesus Christ, Eugene O. Walton, 1979
Splinter Groups and Sub-movements of The Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 1851-1860
Church of the Christian Brotherhood, Richard C. Evans, 1917
The Church of Christ, the Order of Zion, John Zahnd, 1918
The Church of Jesus Christ, Thomas W. Williams, 1925
Church of Jesus Christ Restored, Stanley M. King, 1970
New Jerusalem Church of Jesus Christ, Barney Fuller, 1975
Church of Christ Restored, Paul Fishel, 1976
True Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Forrest Toney, 1980
Church of the Restoration or Churches of Christ in Zion, Robert Chambers, 1981
Lamanite Ministries for Christ or New Covenant Ministries for Christ, 1984
Restoration Branches Movement, 1984
Church of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, A. Lee Abramson, 1985
Church of Jesus Christ, Zion’s Branch, John Cato, 1986
Church of Christ, David Clark, 1986
Independent Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Christopher C. Warren, 1986
Native Indian Church
Splinter Groups and Sub-movements of The Church of Jesus Christ, William Bickerton, 1862
Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ, Allen Wright, 1907
Primitive Church of Jesus Christ, James Caldwell, 1914
Splinter Groups and Sub-movements of Church of Christ (Temple Lot), Granville Hedrick, 1863
Church of Christ, Independent, Informal, Frank F. Wipper, 1927
The Church of Christ, Otto Fetting, 1929
Church of Christ, P.A. Ely, 1929
Church of Christ, C.W. Humphrey, 1929
Church of Christ, Samuel Wood, E.J. Trapp, 1930
Church of Christ (Restored), A.C. DeWolf, 1936
Church of Christ, E. E. Long, Thomas Nerren, 1936
Church of Christ, Paul Hilgendorf, 1942
The Church of Christ With the Elijah Message, W. A. D. Draves, 1943
Church of Christ, Pauline Hancock, 1946
Antarctica Development Interests or the New American’s Mount Zion, John Leabo, 1955
Church of Christ at Zion’s Retreat, Gerald Hall, 1973
The Church of Israel, Dan Gayman, 1973
Break from the Church of Christ (Hancock), Davison, Michigan, 1973
The Church of Christ, Restored Gospel 1929, 1985
FLDS - dominant in the news today.
Apostolic United Brethren, which has added about 2,500 members in recent years.
True and Living Church of Jesus Christ of Saints of the Last Days
To prevent duplication, please do not alter the title. Thanks.
"...All Their Creeds Were
A Brief Look at Creeds
as a Part of the Apostasy
Why, that looks like the lead card to the presentation. It gives the author's name, as well as the name of the presentation. Why did you change the title when you posted the thread?
The Articles of Faith outline 13 basic points of belief of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The Prophet Joseph Smith first wrote them in a letter to John Wentworth, a newspaper editor,
in response to Mr. Wentworth's request to know what members of the Church believed.
They were subsequently published in Church periodicals.
They are now regarded as scripture and included in the Pearl of Great Price.
THE ARTICLES OF FAITH
OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS
History of the Church, Vol. 4, pp. 535541
The reason you have so many MORMON Organizations is because the Bible is subject to every spin that comes down the pike,along with disagreements about all the other 'scriptures' that the faithful are SUPPOSED to BELIEVE in: BoM, D&C's, PGP, BoA... ad nauseum.
"We do not indorse the teachings of any so-called Mormons or Latter Day Saints, which are in conflict with the gospel of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, as taught in the New Testament and the Book of Mormon. They have departed in a great measure from the faith of the Church of Christ as it was first established, by heeding revelations given through Joseph Smith, who, after being called of God to translate his sacred word--the Book of Mormon--drifted into many errors and gave many revelations to introduce doctrines, ordinances and offices in the church, which are in conflict with Christ's teachings."
-- David Whitmer (an elder in the Church of Christ), 1887
Today, there are as many as 100 organizations claiming to be a part of the Latter Day Saint movement, most centered in Utah or Missouri. Most regard their own group, however small, to be the only legitimate Christian church. Most of these organizations are very small, but overall, but the second largest denomination, the Community of Christ, reports over 200,000 members.
Just a sampling...........
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (a.k.a. The Church of Jesus Christ, and the LDS) is by far the largest Mormon denomination. It is a continuation of the "Rocky Mountain Saint" branch of Mormonism.
- The more liberal Community of Christ (formerly called the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) is second in size. It is a continuation of the "Prairie Saint" movement. Although generally referred to as "Mormons," they do not use the term themselves, because of its association with polygamy and because they believe the name was not part of the original church.
- Many additional small Mormon faith groups, including:
- Aaronic Order: unknown membership; 6 centers; 20 ministers
- Apostolic United Brethren: about 7,000 members. They disagree with the LDS' decision to allow ordination of African-Americans and allowing women to assume leadership positions.
- Church of Christ (Fetting/Bronson): about 2000 members
- Church of Christ (Temple Lot): about 2400 members
- The Church of Christ "With The Elijah Message," established anew in 1929 12,500 members worldwide
- Church of Jesus Christ (Bickertonite): about 2700 members
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: about 11 million members
- The Community of Christ: about 250,000 members. This denomination was formerly known as the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints -- the "RLDS Church". It was formed in 1860 by remnants of the original church who did not make the trek to Utah. They reject certain beliefs and practices of the LDS church, including marriage sealing for eternity; they allow both men and women into the priesthood; their services are open to the public. They have about 250,000 members.
- United Order Effort: a polygamy practicing group, excommunicated by the main LDS church, of perhaps 10,000 members
- The Restoration Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It split from the Reorganized Church in 1991 because of the latter's liberal theology. It is centered in Independence, Missouri, and had an estimated membership of 2,500 in mid-1996. They publish a periodical "The Restoration Advocate" six times a year.
| No. of
1. Offical version, written 1838,
first Published 1842
(There are minor differences between the various source references,
Ensign Jan 1985, page 14)
Lucy, Hyrum, Samuel, Sophronia join the Presbyterian Church - JSH, pages 49-50, 1981 edition;
Times & Seasons, March, April 1842;
Ensign Jan. 1985, page 14;
Joseph Smith's First Vision by
Milton V. Backamn, Bookcraft, 1971, 1980, Appendix C, page 160f
|2. Dictated by Smith to F.G. Williams, Summer to Nov. 1832||14 or 15|| yes
told "None doeth good",
|Joseph Smith's First Vision, Appendix A, page 155f
3. Written by Smith,
his 1832 diary,
in his own hand
Saw the Lord Jesus Christ
told sins forgiven,
all do no good
|Ensign, Dec. 1984, pages 24-26; ibid, Jan. 1985, page 11|
4. Smith's diary of 1835,
Nov. 9, 1835, conversation of Smith with Joshua
||One, then another like unto first||
Second spoke, saw many angels
told sins forgiven,
Jesus is Son
|Joseph Smith's First Vision, Appen. B|
5. Letter form Smith to
editor of Chicago Democrat
Joseph Smith's First Vision, Appendix D;
Ensign, Jan 1985, page 16;
Times & Seasons, Vol 3, pages 706-707, March 1, 1842
6. Early church leaders
Brigham Young, G.A.Smith,
Saw an angel, and asked the angel
|| Join none
See Journal of Discourses,
Who knows what Tomorrow may bring???
|The Official Scriptures of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2006 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.
You mean like THIS???
ATTITUDES OF SUPERIORITY
|S h o r t h a n d||
R e f e r e n c e :
|1. We're Superior; We have a special gift of the holy Ghost - you dont!||(cite needed)|
|2. We're Superior; We have Gods true priesthood power - you dont!||(cite needed)|
|3. We're Superior; We can go in Gods secret Temple - you cant!||(cite needed)|
|4. We're Superior; Weve been Endowed with special Gifts and Knowledge - youre just normal!||(cite needed)|
|5. We're Superior; Well have Our families with Us in heaven - youll be with strangers!||(cite needed)|
|6. We're Superior; We're becoming a God - you arent!||(cite needed)|
|7. We're Superior; Our women know their place as servants of man and yours dont.||(cite needed)|
|8. We're Superior; YOUR creeds are wrong because they come from man - ours comes from God (you can find each one printed in our Scriptures).||(cite needed)|
|9. We're Superior; We dont HAVE a creed - Weve got 13 Articles of Faith!||(cite needed)|
|10. We're Superior; We have four standard works and you only have one in as far as it is translated correctly.||(cite needed)|
|11. We're Superior; We can state with impunity about such things as church membership, church growth, church doctrine, church history, church influence, etc. and you cant.||(cite needed)|
|12. We're Superior; We are right (everybody knows) when We say 'evangelical' Christians are lunatics --
-- Youre hideous narrow-minded bigots, who are persecuting us by practicing discrimination by saying We're not a Christian.
|13. We're Superior; We have a Living Prophet who talks to god every day you have a dim-witted hireling of Satan who only talks to himself.||(cite needed)|
|14. We're Superior; We have magic underwear to protect us from the bogey man and you dont.||(cite needed)|
|15. We're Superior; We have secret clasps and grips to give the angel so We get admitted to the celestial kingdom you dont - so you cant.||(cite needed)|
|16. We're Superior; We will see Joseph Smith setting on the right hand of GOD, when We get to Mormon heaven, and he will recognize me and judge me favorably
-- Youre on your own; when you get to wherever youre going!
|17. We're Superior; We're going to hie to Kolob while youre going to who knows where.||(cite needed)|
|18. We're Superior; We get to have a harem and act like a celestial stud for time and all eternity and you dont.||(cite needed)|
|19. We're Superior; We have sun stones, moon stones, sky stones, cloud stones, Saturn stones, and the evil eye of Osirus guarding Our temple all you have is a stupid cross.||(cite needed)|
|20. We're Superior; Our church has billions in assets stashed away and yours has taken a stupid vow of poverty.||(cite needed)|Hel Oops!
HECK: we ALL would!
Being an ignorant, 14 yo farmboy with NO bible knowledge; listening to two Satanic deceivers is not the Lord's way either.
There is only one restored Church of Jesus Christ and His anointed servant Joseph Smith and at the time Joseph was martyred everyone tried to pick up the mantle but it did not belong to them, it be long to the anointed servant of the Lord’s Jesus Christ, Brigham Young.
Where are those Churches today?
None of the were able build Zion all over the face of the earth!
yet they are all unified on the triune (read Trinitarian) nature of God and the Atonement on the Cross (not the garden)
Its funny how you accept peepstone writings, but throw away over 2000 years of faithful professions of holy, spirit filled followers of Christ, for the KJV inspired BOM and mistranslated funerary texts
how are those kinderhook plates workin for ya?
And the mormon church is not part of it.
Joseph was martyred
He was killed in a gun fight after illegally ordering the Nauvoo Expositor to be destroyed.
Where are those Churches today?
Many are still around, and some are growing like the FLDS and related.
None of the were able build Zion all over the face of the earth!
Neither has mormonism :)
“it be long to the anointed servant of the Lords Jesus Christ, Brigham Young.”
Better, I suppose than “it be short to the annointed . . .”
Probably about as good as the Greek Psalter. Now this is inspired:
THE BOOK OF MELPH
WRITTEN BY MELPH, THE SON OF ZELPH
Melph decides to write a few more things. He promises this book is true, and challenges all to find out the truthfulness for themselves through Melph's promise. Melph desires all to live in peace and harmony. [About 401 A.D.]
1. And it came to pass that I decided to write a few more things.
2. Now many shall say this book be not a true book, for they shall think that it was made up, and that the things written in it did not really happen. And the enemies of this book shall say that because it has bad grammar, yea, it is not a true book, and because no evidence doth support it, yea, it is not a true book.
3. Nevertheless, believe not the words of the enemies of this book, for I challenge thee to take a gamble, and believe the words within this book, yea, even shall ye roll the dice on the truthfulness of this book. For many Lamanites do roll the dice, and gamble for money, but yea, no gamble shall be more important than betting on the truthfulness of this book.
4. And I promise thee that if ye ask if this book be not true, and roll a pair of dice with a sincere heart, and desire exceedingly for the book to be true, yea, the dice shall reveal the truthfulness of this book unto thee.
5. And if ye roll a seven, yea, it doth mean this book be a true book, and ye shall rejoice at the knowledge of the truthfulness of this book. For no learned man shall sway thy opinion with supposed evidences against this book, for once the dice have spoken the debate is over.
6. And if ye roll not a seven, yea, fear not that this book be not true, for this book is true, yea, even do I promise.
7. And something that is true cannot be proven untrue. Wherefore, if ye roll not a seven, it be not the fault of this book, and it doth prove not that this book be untrue, because this book is true, wherefore, it cannot be proven untrue.
8. Wherefore, if ye roll not a seven it was an error, and ye must roll the dice again, yea, even with a more sincere heart, and even desiring more to know the truth.
9. And if ye again roll not a seven, and if ye roll not a seven three times, yea, it be the fault of the dice. Wherefore, retrieve different dice, and roll again.
10. And ye must keep rolling dice until ye roll seven. And after the manner in which ye roll a seven, behold, ye shall rejoice at thy knowledge of the truthfulness of this book.
11. And I bear witness unto thee that ye shall know this book is true through the dice.
12.And it came to pass that I desire to say a few more things before I really do end my writing, yea, even do I say that me and the Three Nephites do live together, yea, even are we best friends.
13. And the Three Nephites are white, and I am dark. And like unto the stripes on a zebra, yea, we do live side by side, even in perfect harmony.
14. And I exhort all to fight not, and to be friends, for 'tis better to havest friends than to havest enemies.
15. And now I do really make an end to my writings, and I go to spend time with my friends, yea, even the Three Nephites, for we have a show to perform soon, and we must rehearse.
16. Wherefore, I bid ye adieu.
Why, that looks like the lead card to the presentation. It gives the author’s name, as well as the name of the presentation. Why did you change the title when you posted the thread?
You did not read my post I said in the opening line
“Just to let you know I did not want to go into that direction I could have I had a jpg.”
Many here always want to gravitate towards contention I prefer a civil discussion
It was to talk about the hundred of Creeds in Christendom.
As far as the world knew there were only a few Creeds.
When I was growing up there was always divisions among all the Churches just because they put a Band-Aid on it did not make it go away look at all the contention that still exist on this FR RF board!
Even in the major religions there is in fighting going all with social issues.
Inquiring minds want to know where temple Lot is?
This thread, "The False Prophecies of Joseph Smith," has stood the test of time...informing FReepers for the past 5 years:
Prophecy # 7 Temple to be Built in Zion, Missouri
This prophecy comes directly from Doctrine & Covenants Section 84, the introduction of which states: Revelation given through Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Kirtland, Ohio, September 22 and 23, 1832. HC 1:286-295.
1. A revelation of Jesus Christ unto his servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and six elders, as they united their hearts and lifted their voices on high.
2. Yea, the word of the Lord concerning his church, established in the last days for the restoration of his people, as he has spoken by the mouth of his prophets, and for the gathering of his saints to stand upon Mount Zion, which shall be the city of New Jerusalem.
3. Which city shall be built, beginning at the temple lot, which is appointed by the finger of the Lord, in the western boundaries of the State of Missouri, and dedicated by the hand of Joseph Smith, Jun., and others with whom the Lord was well pleased.
4. Verily, this is the word of the Lord, that the city New Jerusalem shall be built by the gathering of the saints, beginning at this place, even the place of the temple, which temple shall be reared in this generation.
5. For verily this generation shall not all pass away until an house shall be built unto the Lord, and a cloud shall rest upon it, which cloud shall be even the glory of the Lord, which shall fill the house.
The Mormons were forced to flee Missouri due to persecution and a temple was never built on the "temple lot" in the lifetime of Joseph Smith or within the generation of his contemporaries.
None of the were able build Zion all over the face of the earth!
Neither has mormonism :)
Stake is another word for Zion
Shows the historic growth of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon Church). Each dot refers to a “stake”, which is typically about 8-15 congregations.
Mormon History: Growth Around the World - LDS
Thats nice, increase it by at least 3 orders of magnitude and you might just start catching up to Christianity.
In the Lord’s own time table He calling His sheep not the wolves in sheep clothing!:)
Those who have ears to hear the voice of their master will follow...
thanks for confirming
I agree, Smith was/is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Those who have ears to hear the voice of their master will follow...
Which is why Christianity is growing so fast world wide. :)
LOL, was there a doubt?
Just WHO 'anointed' him?
The Lord Jesus Christ!
And I can stay that I have seen the plates!
I have EATEN from the plates; the product of the creative forces of the Melamines.
At least THESE things CAN be found by archeologists!