Skip to comments.TurboTax makes better argument than GOP (vanity)
Posted on 01/07/2013 8:09:19 PM PST by vmivol00
I was watching TV and saw a commercial for TurboTax and noticed that they made a more compelling argument for lower taxes than the GOP. They simply state..."You work hard. You deserve to keep as much of your money as possible. Turbotax wants to help you. Every dollar counts".
Why can't the GOP articulate its point just as clearly? It's an easy argument. Replace "Turbotax wants to help you" with "Republicans want to help everyone."
These guys are so out of touch with most Americans that they no longer know how to communicate in anything other Beltway BS.
Maybe the GOP should hire the TurboTax commercial writers.
GOP fail - is correct!
because the GOP is too damned busy trying to look politically sensitive to all the Democrats voting base.
If we had a fair tax code we wouldn’t need Turbo Tax.
Because the GOP is not what it used to be. The GOP does not want lower taxes. It wants to spend just like a Democrat.
What a message! Brief and to the point - that's what wins...
Honestly, it’s because the GOP wants power — just like the democrats.
The GOP gets a lot of reputation that it, honestly, doesn’t deserve:
* Fiscal responsibility: the GOP had control of the Executive and the Legislative in the early part of the Millennium; did they abolish any government agency to cut costs?
* Firearms / 2ND Amendment: the GOP gets kudos for the AWB going away... but it had a sunset clause, and that means they LITERALLY had to do nothing.
* Abortion: Sure they banned partial-birth abortion, but how did that impact abortion rates overall?
* Constitution: When was the last time the GOP _really_ fought against something that was contrary to the Constitution? Obamacare?
* Limited Government: Was there _any_ outcry against the bill that allows the President to activate the militia w/o consent of the governors?
(Some states’s representatives, being bound by their own State’s Constitution, could not have legitimately ceded such power to the president.)
hence, one of many, ever-increasing, problems with the gop.
That's because the GOP doesn't want lower taxes. They want Big Government, they want to steer taxpayer money toward their Big Donors, and to Big Business. They've been working hard at screwing the average American since Reagan left office.
Exactly, I am sure glad that bill finally got passed that kept my and everyone I knows income taxes from going up. that would have been terrible.
I would argue we do want lower taxes. It is the only position we have seen in decades. They have completely lost any ability to communicate core principles WHY taxes need to be low. In essence, Obama has used a populist approach to match us on taxes for nearly all the population and at the same time create a wedge, us vs them, that have taken votes from our side. We never countered effectively. It isn’t the wrong position, but a lack of core conservatism why our approach is better for all.
They didn't even cut regulations. W did give a big budget increase to the IRS, though.
There is a reason they are called the “Stupid Party.”
And of course, they seem to love big government as much as the Party of Treason and Perversion loves it, just to take a swing a both of them.
I would agree that the GOP says it wants to lower taxes.
It’s actions seem to indicate a completely different mind set.