Skip to comments.DOOM ANTIDOTE: The Ministry of Truth’s Last Stand
Posted on 11/05/2012 5:10:18 AM PST by COUNTrecount
Over the last four and a half years of doing this, Ive found myself in the somewhat odd position of caring a great deal about people whose names I dont even know and whose faces Ive never seen but I feel you out there behind the computer screen as I type this. Last year, I was interviewed on tee-vee for something and a few days later someone I knew in passing came up to me and she told me she saw it and that she got so excited to see me that she started waving at the screen, before she realized I couldnt really see her (and her partner laughed at her because she knew better than to think anyone can see through the tee-vee into peoples living rooms). I think that was very cute, though, and I honestly know what she was feeling because thats sort of what happens to me here: I just feel a lot of very good people out there on the other side of my monitor and I worry about them on days like today, when I know the Ministry of Truth is going to gear up to drive a lot of folks I care about crazy and rattle them emotionally.
I want to tell all of you in no uncertain terms that Mitt Romney will win the election tomorrow and become our 45th President. Do not believe anything that Minitru tells you. Contrary to what Minitru says, FOX News is actually part of Minitru. This is kind of like how in the future portrayed in the under-appreciated Sylvester Stallone/Sandra Bullock flick Demolition Man all restaurants were Taco Bell, with some of them just being fancier variations of what youre used to. The people who work at FOX are part of Minitru because they went to the same schools as those who ended up working at MSNBC or CNN. The only people out there who are in the news business but arent conditioned to behave like the Minitru-trained are those who, oddly enough, dropped out of college before they cold be indoctrinated; that would be folks like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Glenn Beck. Aside from them, the only reliable news sources are those you find online and maintained by independent voices who are not part of the Minitru complex. As weve seen with Erik Erikson at RedState once he started working for CNN even people that used to be reliable can be coerced over to the Ministrys side when enough money is thrown at them and its regrettably rare for people to really tell the truth to Americans instead of the propaganda that Minitru demands everyone tell.
I hope you remember this today: it is the last chance for the Ministry of Truth to freak you out, and they will find some way to do it. Its 530am as I write this and I dont know what the freak-out push will involve, but I know they will do something. Its probably going to involve trotting out a bunch of clowns who will make ridiculous predictions about Barack Obama winning reelection in a landslide, when all evidence to the contrary can be seen with your own eyes on the ground where you live. Case in point, Investors Business Daily just put out this Minitru-approved propaganda:
Jim Cramer of Mad Money is actually on record saying that he thinks Barack Obama will win Texas, Georgia, and Arizona in this election expanding the map beyond the gains Democrats made into Republican territory in 2008. This completely ignores both the 2010 midterm elections and also reality. There is no way on Earth this happens but this is Minitru seeding fear porn this morning.
Minitru hopes by bringing out experts like Cramer to claim ridiculous things like this that YOU will be rattled and become crippled emotionally because a lot of people out there believe what the talking heads on tee-vee say, thinking Well, they must know more than me since they are on the air and Im not so they must have the inside scoop or something. I want to tell you that none of this is true. These people first of all dont know more than you though they are lucky enough to have much easier jobs in life than you do (and they should count their blessings every day because most of these clowns could never make it in the real world). Secondly, there is no inside scoop out there to justify a map where Obama wins Texas, Georgia, Arizona, Missouri, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, and many of those other places. That is just not reality.
Last night my boyfriend Justin asked me how people in the news business can get away with pushing Obama like this so shamelessly and how their careers will survive when Romney wins big. Its really simple: the Ministry of Truth will just pretend that none of these predictions ever happened after November 7th. It will all be disappeared down the rabbit hole. Minitru is counting on no one having foresight enough to screen grab any of it and also the fact that no Leftist in Minitru will ever bring up the fact that their colleagues all got this election to wrong. Everyone will figure that people lied to the public in an effort to help Barack Obama and that will be seen as admirable. There will be no professional consequence for Jim Cramer saying that Obama will win Texas et al because everyone in the Ministry of Truth knows what hes doing: he is just seeding some fear porn to freak Romneys supporters out.
This is a grown-up version of what obnoxious high-schoolers do to each other before football games or wrestling matches or whatever; its called psyching out the opponent or in military terms its psychological warfare.
The sad thing is that conservatives dont put up a unified front to combat this garbage, the way everyone in your school would have rallied together and shouted back at the opposing school when they started up their psych-outs. I remember going to football games back when I was attending Holy Name High School in Parma Heights, Ohio and our big rival school was Padua Franciscan. It was us in the Green Wave versus those despicable Bruins and the rivalry always involved a lot of taunting and gamesmanship. But, we never had anyone in our own stands siding with the Bruins and shouting Hey, maybe theyre right! Im worried that well lose the big game! Were doomed, just like they say!.
Unfortunately, unlike with high school football as played in Ohio in the mid-90s, in modern politics conservatives must endure Tokyo Roses in our own ranks who side with Minitru and perpetuate the lies deliberately told by the talking heads to demoralize and depress Republicans. Youll see guys like Erik Erikson do this on purpose, because hell be rewarded by CNN for using RedState to freak people out today somehow. Youll also see operatives like Allahpundit at HotAir spreading the doom because he wants to advance in the news business and doing these favors for Minitru helps him. Others out there will push Minitrus headlines to their readership because they know freaking people out will cause big spikes in their web traffic and web traffic means big ad sales.
Please remember that for political websites the day before a general election is like the day after Thanksgiving for retailers: this is the biggest sales day of not just the year, but of EVERY FOUR YEARS. There are a lot of people looking to scare the bejeebus out of you today with all sorts of wild and crazy stories, since they seek to drive their hits up as high as possible today so they can show those numbers to their advertisers later.
You must always remember that the news business is really the ad business and that 90% of the conservative writers you may follow want to do what Erik Erikson did and move on to a lucrative gig at CNN as that channels in-house conservative voice (that just so happens to say whatever Minitru pays him to say). Todays the day that a lot of these clowns will essentially be auditioning to become the next Erikson so there will be a race for them to concoct the most inventive and manipulative fear porn imaginable so that they are noticed by Minitru and hopefully rewarded in the long run.
Please dont fall for any of this. You are smarter than this. Yell SHARK! at these guys the way Michelle Malkin screams SQUIRREL! when she sees Minitru attempted to distract from something stupid or evil Democrats are doing that day. When anyone peddles fear porn to you, shout SHARK! because these guys are attempting to stampeded readers to their sites the way a cry of SHARK! would rush everyone out of the water and onto the beach at the ocean.
You are too smart and too interesting to fall for this.
Yesterday, I gave you my predictions on what is going to happen tomorrow, which you can read again HERE. Honestly, I think I might have even undersold Romneys win because after getting ground reports from Minnesota last night and after watching the 30,000 people brave an Arctic cold to rally for Romney in Pennsylvania I now believe that, yes, winning Minnesota is very, very likely. As shocking as that is, its just because so many people are tired of the weirdness and the constant coverups and surreal mysteries of The Golden Age of Hope and Change. People want to get back to normal, get back to work, and to get the economy back on track. They are tired of wondering what crazy thing the government is going to do next and they see that the magical black man they were told to believe in four years ago has failed big time.
And that is why Mitt Romney is going to have a big win as only Dick Morris predicts, other than myself. I am sure you can appreciate the extreme irony that I find myself agreeing completely with Dick Morris and really enjoying his daily Lunch chats when I started HB as a Hillary Clinton volunteer site back in 2008 when I worked on her presidential campaign and Dick Morris has a, shall we say, interesting history with the Clintons. I think it just underscores how crazy the last four years have been and how so many of us came from such different backgrounds to be here today as part of the Resistance to the Left and all things Obama.
The Ministry of Truth has too much invested in Barack Obama to admit hes going to lose tomorrow, but if you stop and think about it I bet you can find all sorts of examples of Obamas defeat sitting right in front of you. Do you remember when that Philadelphia-based filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan was the big rage in movies and how every story he told had a scene where a character would stare blankly at the screen while weird music played and in flashbacks all the clues were shown again to the audience, showing the AHA! moment where he figured out the mystery? Well, I think people will do that November 7th and see that this election was never close and that Obama was always going to lose big. If youre as smart as I know you are then you can already see this stuff now. Just off the top of my head, without even having to Google anything, I can tell you that:
* Saturday Night Live pretended that an election wasnt even happening this weekend. None of the main skits were about politics and the black guy who plays Obama wasnt even on the show, that I could remember. He certainly didnt play Obama on Saturday. Isnt that strange to you? The weekend before a presidential election and not a single sketch with the current president in it? Why is that? Weekend Update had that Jason Sudeikis guy playing Romney, and SNL decided to make the sketch about Romney treating women badly and being a flip-flopper which stank of desperation. With just a few days to go before the election, they got word from Minitru that since nothing else has worked it must be time to call Romney a flip-flopper. They are throwing everything they have at the wall and hoping something sticks. This is not something theyd do if Obama was really going to win. It was an ill-conceived and unenthusiastically-delivered Hail Mary pass that plopped flat. The audience barely laughed and there was a weird energy throughout the whole show like they were all doing dinner theater on the Titanic and they all knew it.
* The USA Network did not renew the tee-vee show Political Animals for a second season. That decision came down just this week as the network had been waiting to see what would happen in the presidential election. This was one of my favorite new shows, with Sigourney Weaver essentially playing Hillary Clinton with brown hair and twin sons (one of whom is gay) instead of Chelsea. It was smart, funny, and engaging and all the stars wanted to do another round. But USA has clearly decided that the show wont make much sense when Romney wins the election tomorrow. People wont be interested to watch a fictional Hillary Clintons machinations on the tee-vee when the Romney administration is getting into gear. I think if the network believed Obama would win that it would have bought a second season and would have kept the show on the air to parallel Hillarys next run for the Democrats nomination (since her character on the show is doing just that).
* The Imagineers at Walt Disney World in Florida have already started work on the Mitt Romney figure for the Hall of Presidents attraction, which is unprecedented because normally the park waits until after the election to begin construction of this expensive animatronic. They never built a Bob Dole or a John Kerry figure, for instance and they waited until after the recount was settled to start work on a George W. figure. But Disney wants the Romney figure installed early in 2009 so that it can be on display to the throngs coming to the park to see other new enhancements and expansions made to the Magic Kingdom. People in the entertainment industry clearly understand that Romney is going to win.
* If youd been watching Rachel Maddow and the other mouthpieces of Minitru lately youll notice they are ginning up a meme that Republicans are engaged in voter suppression efforts that are race-based. This will be the excuse that MSNBC runs with tomorrow night to explain away Barack Obamas defeat. Al Sharpton will be brought out and set atop a soap box so he can claim that Its all RACIST-ISM! and Maddow will agree, adding that Republicans stole the election!. There would be no need to start priming this pump if these people really believed Barack Obama would win.
* The Obama 2012 election night event is being held in fortress-like McCormick Place Convention Center here in Chicago which is not open to the general public. Only a limited number of tickets are being given out, and people had to volunteer in Wisconsin for two days to get one. When Democrats are sending people all the way to Wisconsin from Chicago (and not Indiana, which is 15 minutes away) during an election then you know that Obama is going to lose. If they are scared and desperate for volunteers in WISCONSIN and not Indiana, then this is clearly not being planned as a Victory Party but rather as a Concession Speech. Remote and cut off from the city by a giant highway, McCormick Place is a far cry from the giant open space in Grant Park in which Obama held his 2008 event which was staged as a giant cult ceremony that could have summoned Gozar-the-Gozarian instead of introducing a new President-Elect.
* Wealthy Chicagoan Penny Pritzker and other bankers have already purchased via a blind trust an expensive oceanfront mansion in Hawaii for the Obamas to live in come January 2013. Everything is in place to smoothly transition them to a life on Oahu in his post-presidency. The Barack Obama Center for Social Justice is being planned for Honolulu, with the University of Hawaii managing it. Obamas young staffers are submitting their resumes and beginning preparations to move back to Chicago and look for new jobs starting in January. None of this reads as a Regime that thinks it has another term.
* Obamas EPA is racing to push through anti-coal, anti-oil, and anti-gas regulations before January because it knows Obama is not going to have a second term.
* The Million Puppet March that the Left hoped would rally people against Mitt Romney in the name of Big Bird fizzled like Occupy Wall Street. Sandra Fluke, whom the Left hoped would be a new star in their constellation, draws 10 (or at most 40) people wherever Obama sends her to speak as his surrogate. Stevie Wonder drew just 200 people in my hometown of Cleveland when he acted as an Obama surrogate. President Clintons health is starting to fail and its clear he might not be around for too many more campaigns and people are passing on the chance to see him in person one last time and only a few hundred here or there are showing up for Obama rallies he attends.
* Early and absentee voting in CHICAGO is down 57%; remember that the only reason Democrats win Illinois is because they get so many votes out of Cook County. Chicago is the seat of the Obama cult. If Democrats cant get Chicagoans excited to head out and vote for Obama, then they are doomed nationwide.
I honestly could go on for a while like this.
But I think you get the idea.
Id like to see YOU think of at least one thing you are seeing with your own eyes that directly counters the lies Minitru or the Tokyo Roses are telling today.
Id also love your help in identifying the people who are spreading all these lies in service of Obama especially the ones who are supposed to be on our side. Id like these people to suffer some professional consequences come November 7th for deliberately freaking people out just to up their site traffic and increase their ad sales.
Looking at the ground reports and real time evidence of zero enthusiasm for Obama or Democrats there is just no other explanation for anyone pushing a meme that Obama will win tomorrow: either someone is working for Minitru and is paid to lie or that person is peddling fear porn in an attempt to boost his or her web traffic on what will be the biggest day for political sites in the last four years.
Because were friends like this, I dont want you to get freaked out for no reason today and upset yourself over any lies you read online that come from people who are purposefully trying to manipulate you for their personal gain. You are smarter than this, weve gone over all this together, and I will be here all day checking comments on this thread and addressing in detail anything thats scaring you today. I care about you and your families even though weve never met because many of you have been here with us since the beginning back in the Hillary campaign days and I want you to enjoy today as THE LAST DAY OF THE OBAMA REGIME before our four years of shared suffering ends tomorrow.
Lets finish strong, look out for each other, and call SHARK! on any fear porn today.
well on a good note as bad as crazy cramer is at predictions his may be a good thing because he’s usually 180 degrees out
These people are DELUSIONAL.
In this alternate reality, Obama takes TEXAS?????
I think somebody forgot to wind their calendar.
I find this guy mildly entertaining, but I don’t trust anything he says. Its just his opinion, which is as good as anyone elses.
Then trust my prediction.... Romney at 323 electoral and 4-5% of the popular vote
Okay, he had me up until this point...
His credibility is yet to be earned. He’s only interesting (at least to me) because of supposed inside information on Obama potentially buying property in Hawaii, Michelle’s mom talking about it with Chicago friends. Only after the election and inauguration, will we know whether this guy has legs or not.
***I find this guy mildly entertaining, but I dont trust anything he says.***
He is indeed a strange bird who had an epiphany about the media and the diabolical left. His observations and opinions are in line with Conservatives for whom he shows proper respect.
However, because of his own life-style he does have some ‘deep-seated’ conflicts, for whic we can hope, but he cannot change.
Who better to believe than a devoted Hillary! convert who now would never vote Dem again?
The problem with all this is that Minitru, as it’s called in this article, includes Fox and others, and all of them are Romney supporters, and Romney supports them and is part of them and the GOP-E.
So, this whole thing about us waking up and being surprised at a Romney victory while they fight against it has romney and fox, et al, in opposition when they actually belong to the same side.
Cramer’s political calls are about as crummy as his stock picks.
There’s an apocryphal story from WW2 about the last months of the war in Japan/Germany. The way people knew the war wasn’t going like the propagandists were saying was that all the glorious heroic battles were taking place closer and closer to Berlin/Tokyo. Look at where the campaign is taking place. Look at the unemployment rate and all the econometric models for the election. Landslide, maybe not but understand where this is going.
I hope this guy realizes putting Hillary into office or any Clinton int office is putting Obozo back in.
He still likes Hillary personally, but has stated numerous times he NEVER wants to see another Democrat in office, Hillary or otherwise.
The Wall Street Journal, except for the op-ed page, is just as or more liberal than other papers.
Theres an apocryphal story from WW2 about the last months of the war in Japan/Germany. The way people knew the war wasnt going like the propagandists were saying was that all the glorious heroic battles were taking place closer and closer to Berlin/Tokyo. Look at where the campaign is taking place. Look at the unemployment rate and all the econometric models for the election. Landslide, maybe not but understand where this is going.
Excellent points! I remember reading an article written by a former KGB officer. He said something very similar, only he called it reading between the lines. The truth is the truth and it is easy to be consistent while telling it. A lie however builds upon itself and twists and turns as the truth seeps out.
Very good article by Kevin DuJuan, with many good facts to back up his thesis. Thanks for posting.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.