Skip to comments.Mr. Romney: Instructions On How To Save America
Posted on 10/25/2012 11:58:40 AM PDT by Lazamataz
A while back, some of my more faithful readers may remember I wrote an editorial with instructions detailing how the common, average man could save America. It was largely spiritual in nature, and while I feel it was (and is) spot-on, the President has a different role. The President is a nuts-and-bolts, rubber-meets-road operator. Spirituality is essential for such a man, but so are concrete objectives. I propose to offer Mr. Romney some of these objectives.
When -- and make no mistake, it is no longer if, but WHEN -- Mister Romney is named the next President of the United States, here are some very important ways he can shape America for decades to come, and possibly forestall the imminent financial and societal collapse that is stalking America like an obsessive, malevolent butler.
FIRST, ROLL BACK THE OBAMA TIDE.
- Carpet-bomb all executive orders issued since Jan 20, 2009. Every last one. Do not even read them, which would waste too much time. Obama's directives have, to a fault, been harmful to America and her interests.
- Dismiss all Obama appointees and any hires he has recommended, to a person. Do not overlook judges, if possible, though some of them will not be able to be removed. However, concentrate on removal of all persons who Obama has conspired with in the following departments: The Department of Justice, the Environmental Protection Agency, and any intelligence agency. It will not be enough, but it will be a start.
- Address Voter Fraud. This is a cancer that will kill America. Collect every shred of evidence of voter fraud, including a recent discovery that Rep. Jim Moran's son is complicit, then go before Congress and the Senate (and the American People) and demand the legislative bodies fix this. Photo identification must be nationwide. If necessary, offer Federal Voting cards, which must be as difficult to obtain as a US Passport. Offer them for free to squelch the cries of liberals who rely on fraud, but the proof that you are actually you AND ONLY YOU, must be present.
- Address the issue of the news media abuse and propagandizing. While the Pravda Press has been consistently biased throughout American history, it is only since 2008 that they have been actively campaigning for a given candidate. Clear and unequivocal lies by the Democrat have been ignored, while fake 'scandals' or 'gaffes' by the Republican are front-page news through several cycles. It is time to address this problem, but to be honest, I'm not sure how you would do that. Market forces will certainly ease the situation, and lawsuits might convince those who prevaricate or distort facts on the airwaves and in print -- by omission OR commission -- might be a viable approach.
MAKE FAVORABLE, ONCE AGAIN, THE CONDITIONS FOR BUSINESS TO OPERATE IN AMERICA
- Neuter the Environmental Protection Agency. Neutering the EPA will be mandatory for a recovery. There are various articles wherein which the plans of the EPA -- starting in 2013 -- would seriously hurt American business. Suspend their operations via Executive Order or by Federal lawsuit and Stay-Order, then work with congress and the senate to achieve a 'declawing' of these harmful bureaucratic regulations -- all of which are intended to strangle business, large and small.
- Remove Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke immediately. In this way, and in all other ways, shut down the monetary printing press. Informally back the American dollar at a rate of 0.01 grams of gold per dollar, but push for the Congress and the Senate ratifying a full-on and permanent gold-backing of the United States Dollar. It can be a very small amount of gold that backs each dollar. That part doesn't matter. What matters is that the bills would be stabilized. The two most pernicious of the Horsemen of the Financial Apocalypse -- Hyperinflation, and collapse of the US Dollar internationally -- would likely be turned back.
- Assure Business that Obamacare is a transitory threat. Announce to the business world that great care will be taken by this administration to minimize the impact of Obamacare. Start by vigorously challenging each item line by line, in court and by Executive Order, and when possible putting a court-mandated Stay Order on the item in question, until such time as the item can be removed legislatively.
- Start scaling back the giveaways. Truncate and remove, to the best of your ability, any Federal giveaway program you can. Why do people who are poor need a cellphone and free minutes? The poor call them ObamaPhones. Get rid of them!
- Grow out of our budget deficits. Reagan performed this miracle, even with a hostile Congress. Use your Vice President Ryan! Use his plan. Try to grow our way out of falling off the fiscal cliff.
MAKE AMERICA CITIZEN-FRIENDLY AGAIN
- Obama will leave you a Tax dog pile. Clean it up. Obama, certainly and out of spite, will allow all the so-called 'Fiscal Cliff' taxes threatened to take effect on Jan 1, 2013, to become realized. It is your goal to immediately mitigate, repeal, and disassemble these little fiscal booby traps. Use that Executive Order pen like it is a hot knife, and the taxes are butter.
- Suspend much of the domestic surveillance and start cutting these programs. Americans are not America's enemy, Mr. Romney. Cut these programs; stop the deployment of drones; and desist with the eavesdropping and the mining of public data targeted at common citizens. We would very much like our freedom back. Thanks!
- Put a leash on the Transportation Security Administration. No more groping people's 'junk'. The Israelis don't, and they have a remarkable record. Learn what they do, and replicate it here. Further: Order the TSA to stop eyeing other domestic transport venues as places they can 'take over', especially as regards public roads and personally-owned vehicles.
REESTABLISH TIES WITH INTERNATIONAL ALLIES
- Get our allies back. Announce to allies, privately, that an adult is back in charge, and then do things that will assure them we are on their side again.
- Piss off our enemies. Announce, publicly, that Muslim extremist nations are on notice, and then kill the extremists lurking within.
- Put NASA back on track. Order that the mission of NASA no longer is to "conduct climate change research" and "reach-out to Muslims", but to explore space and achieve American dominance in this arena.
- Retire the delay between Election Day and assumption of the Presidency. Perhaps waiting from November the 6th to January the 20th of the following year made sense when America relied on horses for transportation. Not today. With today's instant communication and travel that takes only hours, this unaccountable period of Presidential control by a recently-defeated candidate may someday prove disastrous. In fact, this particular delay, in 2012, worries many of us a great deal.
Mister Romney, there's a lot of assumptions made in this article, most notably that you will win. Should this come to pass, I earnestly hope you will read this list of possible goals. Some of them are mandatory for your political survival in 2016; others will make America a better place to live. They are many, and they are ambitious.
Nonetheless, reach for the stars, Mister Romney, and I assure you we will follow.
FIRST, ROLL BACK THE OBAMA TIDE.
Here is where I'm afraid Romney/Ryan will drop the ball. VP to be Ryan has already said their administration WILL NOT seek to overturn the repeal of DADT.
One of the greatest FUBO's to ever infest our military and the R/R ticket will let it stand?
I have a suggestion for this one: Since the US self identifies as 40% conservative and 70 - 80% Christian, and polls indicate that those in the mainstream press poll as 5% conservative and 7% Christian, why not file a lawsuit alleging discriminatory hiring practices based upon religious preference? Surely it is impossible to undersample Christianity by an order of magnitude UNLESS such preference disqualifies the applicant?
The lib's have been terrorizing legitimate business with these discrimination lawsuits for years, with notable success. Why not turn their own tactics against them?
My guess is that 50% Christians in the msm would greatly curtail the anti-American and anti-traditional values bias that seems to be inherent in today's Godless media
I would change this..
Assure Business that Obamacare is a transitory threat. Announce to the business world that great care will be taken by this administration to minimize the impact of Obamacare. Start by vigorously challenging each item line by line, in court and by Executive Order, and when possible putting a court-mandated Stay Order on the item in question, until such time as the item can be removed legislatively.
...to simply abolishing the damn thing.
Better than good!
This required a great deal of thought beforehand, and it shows!
I definitely worked the hell outta this one. :)
Each of these is important in its own way. But No.2 is the big one. The infrastructure of govt will kill any effort for reform until that infrastructure is gutted. Every advisor, runner, secretary and dog walker must be replaced.
One of the biggest mistakes Bush made was allowing Clinton holdovers. To hell with the MSM screaming. Get rid of the ALL.
Or be ready for sabotage at every turn from loyalists.
As far as MISCELLANEOUS #2: you can’t change that one. Obama and his buddies are going to need nearly three months to shred all the evidence!
< /shameless self-promotion>
Thanks for your kind assessment of the work! :)
Don't be confused. If Ryan said that, it was a safe thing to say, because the repeal of DADT was a lame-duck Congressional action, not an EO. So it's the new Congress's job to undo that repeal. If Mitt doesn't want to fight that fight right out of the gate, he can let the resulting bill pass without his signature.
Told ya being on the ping-list wouldn't half-suck. :)
” The Official Lazamataz Sometimes-Funny, Sometimes-Disturbing Ping List
153 Satisfied Customers! “
154, if you will add me : )
As far as I am concerned, that's a great argument FOR doing it. :)
It’s a good work ;) All of it. And much needed. I hope someone in Romney’s camp is listening and takes it all to heart.
All things aside though, I think 2 is the biggie solely because without it, all the rest will be hosed.
Abolish the EPA and get government out of the way of energy producing companies. Then American manufacturers can outcompete China companies. We in the U.S. have unlimited coal, oil, natural gas, shale oil etc. And with new techniques like fracking we in the U.S. can have the cheapest energy in the world for U.s. companies to use to manufacture things. Of Course Obama and its EPA would shut fracking and energy production down. Just this alone could recover the economy. And we would all pay lower for electricity bills too which would further help the economy. Romney did say he wants to get government out of the way of energy producers and open up public lands for energy production.
Obama has added 11,000 pages of new government regulations, 13,000 new pages coming for Obamacare alone. Need to repeal all these .
Romney did say he wants to privatize medicare . that is needed as unfunded liabilities are up to 130 trillion $.
Then ultimately need to sunset all laws (give them an expiration date ) so the congress has to review every 4 years to see if that law is really needed.
And then tell Mitt I'm for hire. :) I knocked this out in about 4 hours of total concept-to-finished-product time. Imagine what I could do with 40 - 60 hours a week!
(Although I would truly miss computer development... I'm a tech at heart... but maybe a time for a few year break from that?)
Anyways, with the exception of #1, you are correct: All the others depend on #2.
Sure, Laz. Why not?
I like this. Creative and necessary.
” Then ultimately need to sunset all laws (give them an expiration date ) so the congress has to review every 4 years to see if that law is really needed. “
Very good idea.
My connections are all in the past. Not that I miss a lot of them ;)
Writing is lotsa fun. But the pay usually sucks. Keep that in mind. Unless you run the company. Then it can be quite profitable.
Unless #2: Unless you are Pinch SlutZburger ;)
Make people like that work or starve.
That would go a long way toward restoring the country.
Excellent post. I particularly agree that they need to quickly, completely strip the government of as much 0bama contamination as possible.
As to shameless self-promotion: at least you do not have a blog to which you are directing FReepers. :)
#2. Hard to do.
Liberals are attracted to positions of unaccountable power like moths to a lightbulb, or flies to manure.
The only way to remove them from those positions and not have them replaced with equally like-minded people is to
REMOVE THE POSITIONS OF POWER.
In section three, add 4) FATCA must be suspended by Executive Order and then repealed ASAP. Citizens are not the property of the state.
And just what, Your Lazz-ness, makes you think that Bishop Willard has a lock on the election?
Thanks Laz and stephenjohnbanker . been saying this for years on here. Guess this is the first time I put it so people knew what I was talking about lol(inspired by your post Laz)! changing tag line and page.
AND/OR grant Obamacare waivers to everyone! As the 'new' government no longer desires to be associated with political donor (buddy) corruption.
Well, if you remember, I have a faultless and uncanny ability to predict political outcomes.
So CONTACT Lyndon Banes Johnson and SEE IF HE'LL GET THIS IN FRONT OF MITT! :)
I know writing makes no money. I don't want to write so much as I want to help strategize political judo moves for a Big Dog that I workd for. I've got one talent; and that is coming up with some really decent political moves.
Wait: TWO talents. I'm damned good with computer development.
THREE. THREE talents. I can train dogs well.
I mean FOUR. *FOUR* talents. I can hit it like a frieght train. :)
Great post Laz. You done good my friend.
Laz, Laz, Laz...
You are truly too modest. From what I hear you hit it like the hammer of an angry god! Likely you’d have been gired from the Clinton admin for leaving poor Billy with nothing to do all day ;)
I DO.. I know how to do it...
1) make sedition a crime that its possible to convict of.. set the bar for sedition lower..
2) make treason a crime that its possible to convict of.. set the bar for THAT lower as well..
** Then journalists and media owners would be more careful to hide their bias.. and enemies of the Republic would be more covert.. Right now they are in your face, bragging and proud they committed sedition and treason..
A few hangings would set the bar.. and chain the treasonous dogs..
***LAZ FOR PRESIDENT***
Great post Laz. Let’s pray Romney gets the message and follows through to turn this country around.
Do your "new" cars look like the following?
Just teasing. Most folks don't realize we started hydraulic fracturing of wells in the US in 1949. What is actually new that allowed us to start economically producing significant volumes in the fields like the Bakken, Eagle Ford, Marcellus, etc is horizontal steerable drilling. Combined with hydraulic fracturing, we get much more production from these tight formations.
Sorry for the detour, we now return to Saving America and reducing the EPA.
This boil's got to be lanced right out of the gate, that's for sure.
Great suggestions (please, God, make them happen.)
Dismiss all Obama appointees and any hires he has recommended, to a person.
Oh yeah. Roach Motels everywhere; exorcism might not be a bad idea either.
You might want to check what the Constitution has to say on a couple of those.
I was being sarcastic. :-)
We've been through four years of ignoring the Consitution. I'd say we can handle one more.
If you are a female, and your screen name refers to your age, I *am* looking for a 'running mate'. :)
Contempt for the Constitution is a liberal trait, not a conservative one.
This is some great stuff Laz, it truly is.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.