Skip to comments.
Nikole Hannah-Jones Endorses Riots And Toppling Statues As A Product Of The 1619 Project
The Federalist ^
| June 20, 2020
| Allison Schuster
Posted on 06/21/2020 7:01:00 AM PDT by C19fan
Nikole Hannah-Jones, staff writer at The New York Times and lead essayist in The New York Times Magazines 1619 Project, just endorsed the nationwide destruction of statues as a product of her historically inaccurate work. The 1619 Project debuted in 2019 on the 400th anniversary of the arrival of African-Americans in the United States as slaves, as an ongoing look into the history of U.S. slavery.
(Excerpt) Read more at thefederalist.com ...
TOPICS: History; Society
KEYWORDS: 1619project; blm; iconoclasm; newyork; newyorkcity; newyorkslimes; newyorktimes; nikolehannahjones
She would be an awesome Commissar of Education.
posted on 06/21/2020 7:01:00 AM PDT
posted on 06/21/2020 7:06:29 AM PDT
posted on 06/21/2020 7:17:07 AM PDT
(Natural Born Citizens Are Born Here of Citizen Parents|Know Islam, No Peace-No Islam, Know Peace)
NYT, what say you? This is one of yours. You own her.
She's likely okay with this horrendous act, as well...
WARNING: Graphic vid, at link 😢
posted on 06/21/2020 7:22:39 AM PDT
by Jane Long
(Praise God, from whom ALL blessings flow.)
Slaves were in the US from July 4, 1776 to ratification of the 13th amendment.
posted on 06/21/2020 7:48:32 AM PDT
She should be strung up nude on one of those statues.
posted on 06/21/2020 7:50:20 AM PDT
(Wipe ANTIFA off the face of the Earth. Indict Soros, too...their sugar daddy.)
2% of white people owned slaves.
Most early American families farmed their land, milled their own timber, built their homes & settlements which grew into cities, themselves.
This is why African-Americans are *still* a minority— there weren’t that many of them to begin with.
A far more productive endeavor would be to research the archives and write the histories of the slaves who *did* build plantation homes, historical buildings, and monuments.
I am vaguely aware — no specific names, but there are people who do know— that in New Orleans, many of the gorgeous sculptures of angels & saints throughout the famous cemeteries were created by
There was in fact a thriving community of freedmen who were skilled artisans, creating many of the gorgeous wrought-iron fences & balconies seen throughout the Quarter, plus the gingerbread frills on the houses and the ornate furniture, fashions & jewelry of the times. Their names should be remembered & revered.
Their owners freed them precisely *because* they had the talent & skills to survive; alternately, those slavers could have held them forever in bondage & hired them out & kept their earnings.
Obama’s wife was fond of saying slaves built the White House. (The *way* she said it was quite interesting & should be requoted to BLM at every opportunity. See link below.)
There are in fact extensive records about those slaves.
Trump needs to promote a history project to *add black history to* our history, not destroy the history of the Founding Fathers.
posted on 06/21/2020 7:50:28 AM PDT
Ronald McDonald want his hair back Nikole.
To: AdmSmith; AnonymousConservative; Arthur Wildfire! March; Berosus; Bockscar; cardinal4; ColdOne; ...
Note: this topic is from . Thanks C19fan.
search results for "1619", comes out chrono, just cleaned up a bit:
- Amid Deadly Riots, Oprah Signs on to Adapt Anti-American '1619 Project' [07/08/2020 6:05:49 PM PDT]
- Oprah Winfrey, Lionsgate Team to Bring New York Times' '1619 Project' to TV and Film [07/08/2020 12:49:40 PM PDT]
- 1619 and the Narrative of Despair [07/04/2020 6:35:24 AM PDT]
- Nikole Hannah-Jones, of the NYT 1619 Project, wrote a letter to the editor in 1995 calling the white race 'barbaric devils,' and 'bloodsuckers' [06/26/2020 3:59:55 PM PDT]
- In Racist Screed, NYT's 1619 Project Founder Calls 'White Race' 'Barbaric Devils,' 'Bloodsuckers,' Columbus 'No Different Than Hitler' [06/25/2020 12:15:46 PM PDT]
- Founder of Error-Ridden '1619 Project' Slams Lack of Fact Checking in Cotton Op-Ed [06/12/2020 11:03:04 AM PDT]
- Disgusting: Hannah-Jones of NYT '1619' Agitprop Accuses Sen. Tom Cotton of 'Misinformation' [06/08/2020 2:42:13 PM PDT]
- How the 1619 Project Destroys the True Moral Meaning of America [05/12/2020 6:20:15 AM PDT]
- Video: The 1619 Project's Fake History: Endangering our nation's understanding of its founding for generations to come. [05/08/2020 3:56:05 PM PDT]
- 1619 Project's Pulitzer Gives Schools One More Excuse To Teach Kids To Hate America [05/07/2020 10:22:46 AM PDT]
- Pulitzer Center Named Education Partner for 1619 Project [05/04/2020 7:16:26 PM PDT]
- A Pulitzer Prize Was Just Given To The 1619 Essay The New York Times Admitted Was Historically Inaccurate [05/04/2020 5:46:39 PM PDT]
- The Real Goals of 'The 1619 Project' [03/15/2020 1:32:16 PM PDT]
- As Top Historians Ring Alarm Bells About NYT's 1619 Project, Defiant Public Schools Refuse To Answer Questions [03/07/2020 10:20:54 PM PST]
- Northwestern University Historian: I Warned The 1619 Project's Author She Was Wrong About The Revolutionary War [03/06/2020 10:31:35 AM PST]
- NYT's 1619 Project is dishonest attack on nation's founding principles [03/02/2020 9:46:53 AM PST]
- Misplaced Blame: Using 1619 For Propaganda in 2020 [03/01/2020 6:22:40 AM PST]
- Racist America? Countering the 1619 Project's False Narrative [02/29/2020 10:39:15 AM PST]
- 1619 vs. 1776: A battle for truth [02/26/2020 7:25:22 AM PST]
- 6 myths about the history of Black people in America(1619 alert!) [02/20/2020 1:50:48 PM PST]
- Public Schools Are Teaching The 1619 Project in Class, Despite Concerns From Historians [01/28/2020 8:20:40 AM PST]
- Princeton Historian: The NY Times' 1619 Project Is 'Built On Partial Truths And Misstatements Of The Facts' [01/22/2020 10:42:08 AM PST]
- Why New World Slavery Was Sadly, Inevitable: What The New York Times' 1619 Project gets wrong. [01/17/2020 7:56:00 AM PST]
- 1776 Honors America's Diversity in a Way 1619 Does Not: [01/09/2020 8:07:44 AM PST]
- Oxford Historian On The 1619 Project: 'A Preposterous And One-Dimensional Reading' Of American History [01/02/2020 12:12:09 PM PST]
- Oxford Historian On The NY Times' 1619 Project: 'A Preposterous And One-Dimensional Reading' Of American History [01/02/2020 10:11:13 AM PST]
- Historians Critique The 1619 Project, and We Respond [12/21/2019 4:15:10 PM PST]
- The '1619 Project' Gets Schooled [12/18/2019 8:52:36 PM PST]
- A Divisive, Historically Dubious Curriculum (1619 Project of the New York Times) [12/03/2019 2:28:40 PM PST]
- Prominent Historians Criticize The NY Times' 1619 Project As 'Biased,' 'Anti-Historical' [12/01/2019 10:24:47 AM PST]
- An interview with historian James McPherson on the New York Times' 1619 Project [11/30/2019 5:20:16 PM PST]
- The Lies of the New York Times' 1619 Project [08/31/2019 10:56:46 AM PDT]
- The New York Times uses the British Empire's propaganda in order to smear the US (1619 Project) [08/25/2019 2:20:04 PM PDT]
- What The 1619 Project Leaves Out [08/25/2019 11:49:45 AM PDT]
- The New York Times 1959 Project -- Similar to Their 1619 Project [08/24/2019 5:14:17 AM PDT]
- The 1619 Project Says We Fought American Revolution In Order To Keep Slavery Intact [08/24/2019 4:22:57 AM PDT]
- Slavery In America Did Not Begin In 1619, And Other Things The New York Times Gets Wrong [08/23/2019 9:27:06 AM PDT]
- Rejecting Every Premise Of The New York Times 1619 Project [08/22/2019 8:29:13 AM PDT]
- We Must Say No to the 1619 Project in Schools [08/22/2019 7:57:15 AM PDT]
- The NY Times Jumps the Shark with 1619 [08/21/2019 12:50:22 PM PDT]
- VIDEO: New York Times Editor ADMITS 1619 Project Is About Slamming Trump [08/20/2019 9:37:46 AM PDT]
posted on 07/08/2020 6:50:31 PM PDT
(Imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie.)
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson