Skip to comments.In the Beginning, God Created the Submariner
Posted on 02/26/2013 8:14:35 PM PST by SubMareener
Received from a fellow submariner.
I like the way it started, because most if the rest of it was about sub-Marines.
Good flic tho. I appreciate it.
*one ping only*
Cool video!!! I was more than satisfied with my skimmer tho. Sunlight is a good thing. :)
Before the beginning, God created a squid!
And the rubber masks that provided air when blind, and the glorious non skid was found.
The Submariner was a pretty intense comic book character in the 1940’s.
Thanks! My bro was on the George C Marshall many moons ago. Shared it with him.
Who in their right mind would want to go down on a big black tube filled with seamen?
There was a time when it bothered me to go to sea in a ship that was purposely designed to sink as part of its very being. For most folks, this appears like a very unnatural act.
Well yes and no.... there’s no planes that went up but never came down.
In general a good aviator should:
1. Do not bust your butt.
2. Do not let anyone bust your butt for you.
3. Airplanes fly because of Bernoulli and not Marconi. Therefore, do not drop the airplane on the ground while trying to fly the microphone.
4. In the 110 years of airplanes going hundreds, even thousands of miles per hour, and the ground going zero — the ground has yet to lose.
5. The pilot is always the first at the scene of the crash.
6. What you don't say, you don't have to take back at the accident investigation.
7. If crashing is inevitable, hit the softest, least expensive thing you can find, as slowly as possible.
8. Do not fly into clouds. Mountains have been known to hide in them. Also, the silver lining in that cloud may be an airplane going in the opposite direction.
9. The only time a pilot has too much fuel is when his airplane is on fire.
10. Whenever in doubt, see Rule 1.
I can highly recommend Ron Martini’s page of submariner humor, called “The Golden Rivet” - enjoy!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.