Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

America The Right Way - Staying Vigilant
All of us and a variety of sources | May 2, 2011 | Freepers of good heart everywhere

Posted on 05/02/2011 4:52:21 AM PDT by Jemian

"We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail!" President Bush

The big news of the day is the death and burial at sea of Osama bin Laden. Thank you, President Bush and the US military (including my son and future son-in-law) who made this day happen. Other news is the nuptials of William and Catherine in Great Britain. May God bless their union and draw them close to Him in Jesus Christ. Alabama (my state) and other southeast states continue the task of digging out and rebuilding. A massive effort is underway with able bodies and supplies needed.

TOPICS: AMERICA - The Right Way!!; Chit/Chat; Hobbies; Religion
KEYWORDS: atrw; obldead; yahooie
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 451-500501-550551-600601-613 next last
To: JRandomFreeper

Terrible winds and fire in W. Texas I read...

Glad you are OK and damage is manageable.

551 posted on 05/25/2011 12:21:57 PM PDT by prairiebreeze
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 550 | View Replies]

Happy to hear you’re safe and sound. The weather looked terrible, on tv. Did your garden survive the high winds?
Speaking of gardens. We have so much stuff getting ripe and ready for the pot and freezer, it’s amazing. Seems all I’m doing is squash, cucumbers, beets.

552 posted on 05/25/2011 12:31:48 PM PDT by tillacum (Osama now rests with 72 virgins and obama has 72 versions of the raid.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 550 | View Replies]

To: tillacum
Garden is doing good. It survived the winds. I'm still waiting on tobacco to come up. The frenchman accidentally killed my first batch.

/johnny

553 posted on 05/25/2011 2:10:37 PM PDT by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 552 | View Replies]

AW that’s a shame. Were you going to use the new tobacco leaves in a scrumptous salad?

554 posted on 05/25/2011 2:47:41 PM PDT by tillacum (Osama now rests with 72 virgins and obama has 72 versions of the raid.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 553 | View Replies]

To: tillacum
Were you going to use the new tobacco leaves in a scrumptous salad?

Sure he is.

555 posted on 05/25/2011 2:56:22 PM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 554 | View Replies]

To: Jemian

Well.....being the great chef he is,,,,,I knew he’d find a way to use those tobacco leaves in a “healful” way being an Old smoker, I was. 3 packs from NY to VietNam and back. Began running and found out running and cigarettes don’t like one another.

556 posted on 05/25/2011 6:55:19 PM PDT by tillacum (Osama now rests with 72 virgins and obama has 72 versions of the raid.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 555 | View Replies]

To: tillacum; Jemian
Ummmm. If it's me, and it is, healthy is way down on the list.

It's for after-dinner cigars with home-made port (or something like that). That's as close to dinner as the tobacco gets.

As a long-time smoker, I almost died from a slip-fall accident.

The entire universe is out to get me. ;) I don't particularly worry about healtful. (I'm betting on skin cancer taking me out, anyway)

/johnny

557 posted on 05/25/2011 8:26:23 PM PDT by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 556 | View Replies]

>>I apologize.

You are apologizing for zero? That’s a full time job - are you sure you want to go there?

558 posted on 05/26/2011 4:42:13 AM PDT by The Raven
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 547 | View Replies]

To: gulfcoast6

Rain is in our forecast, but I’m not sure I’m believing. Did you have rain yesterday?

How is that poor, hungry, thirsty kitten today? Caleb sure keeps y’all hopping.

559 posted on 05/26/2011 7:35:03 AM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 558 | View Replies]

If you don’t get rain today, it’s because we took it all this morning.

Plenty of thunder/lightning and heavy rain a couple of hours during the night and then again this a.m. Just gave up and let the sun through about 30 minutes ago.

I did hear, however, that the storm was going to Birmingham, so maybe there is hope for you!

560 posted on 05/26/2011 10:08:23 AM PDT by jtill (Preach the gospel always. If necessary, use words.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 559 | View Replies]

To: jtill

It did thunder a while ago, but since then the sun has come back out. We’ll see.

561 posted on 05/26/2011 10:20:29 AM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 560 | View Replies]

To: pollyshy; b4its2late; Neets

Stay safe. The NYS Doppler radar looks horrible for some areas.

562 posted on 05/26/2011 1:17:27 PM PDT by lysie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 561 | View Replies]

To: lysie

563 posted on 05/26/2011 1:27:22 PM PDT by b4its2late (Ignorance allows liberalism to prosper.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 562 | View Replies]

To: jtill

YES! It is raining here. Should rain steadily for the next several hours.

564 posted on 05/26/2011 1:44:21 PM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 560 | View Replies]

To: lysie

LOL! I looked at the weather channel a few minutes ago. It showed a thick band of rain from the Mississippi Gulf Coast up past the Vermont-Canadian border.

Wet!

565 posted on 05/26/2011 2:14:50 PM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 562 | View Replies]

To: All; A Citizen Reporter; ABG(anybody but Gore); AFPhys; alwaysconservative; Angelwood; ...

Good morning! We seem to be around for another day. Last night we had some good rains come through the area. Yay! It’s Friday and so I’m wearing red in rememberance as I have been doing since about 2002.

566 posted on 05/27/2011 5:15:09 AM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 565 | View Replies]

To: Jemian; All

Good morning.

Glad you finally got rain, Jem.

We have sunshine here for a change. Summer might arrive next week.

567 posted on 05/27/2011 6:45:21 AM PDT by LBKQ
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 566 | View Replies]

To: LBKQ

Good Morning. We need some gentle, day long rain. We have cracks in the pasture..again.

We’re getting ready for Memorial Day. This year we will have a wonderful Day. After the festivities at the court house, we will have a Vets bbq here at the house. It will be great. And YES, today we wear RED to honor our military personnel.

568 posted on 05/27/2011 6:51:49 AM PDT by tillacum (Osama now rests with 72 virgins and obama has 72 versions of the raid.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 567 | View Replies]

We have missed most of the recent storm. got some rain we needed but not the storms a lot suffered.

Politicts reving up, I like Palen myself, she is a go getter. A lot of other ‘important’ people running are important to themselves, oh such egos.

The boys are growing up fast, TJ is doing so good in school and loves it, Caleb, well, he is not ready for school yet.

Without fail I got some shack cleaning today, just got to hit that time to srart (I hope).

ALL have a good and safe day.
Toby

569 posted on 05/27/2011 7:23:07 AM PDT by gulfcoast6

To: LBKQ; gulfcoast6

Yes, it was a good soaking rain, too. Summer is good. I like year-round!

Toby, don’t worry about Caleb (as you know). Just keep him active and busy. You are spot-on in recognizing that he isn’t ready for school. People mature at rates (and I know I’m preaching to the choir) and it is better to keep things unstructured for as long as he has energy to burn. It would be torture for all to try to make him sit through a regular school day.

He’ll be ready before too long and by the time he’s 18, everything will even out.

570 posted on 05/27/2011 7:42:25 AM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 567 | View Replies]

Good morning.

571 posted on 05/27/2011 11:27:48 PM PDT by Two Thirds Vote Aye (I was saying 'I hope he fails' before Rush was.)

To: Two Thirds Vote Aye

Good morning! Gorgeous day here in the mid-south. Not to hot, expecting to hit only 90. I love weather like this.

What’s on tap for your weekend?

572 posted on 05/28/2011 5:18:36 AM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 571 | View Replies]

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to everyone. All my kid, grandkids, and granddogs are home this weekend!!! We are having a family picture out at the ranch this morning. It is so dry we will go to the caprock area amoung the junipers and rocks to take pictures. Pray for rain for us. Everyday another wildfire a lots of blowing dirt. Denco

573 posted on 05/28/2011 5:32:33 AM PDT by denco (denco)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 572 | View Replies]

To: denco

Be sure to post pictures so we can see your beautiful family and lovely ranch.

Caligula is speaking and he just claimed to be Polish because he met many Polish-Americans in Chicago. Good grief. It is all about him. He is such a fool.

574 posted on 05/28/2011 5:47:16 AM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 573 | View Replies]

To: denco

Prayers up for rain.

575 posted on 05/28/2011 6:00:32 AM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 573 | View Replies]

To: Jemian; Iowa Granny
It seems like just a couple of weeks ago Miss Piggy was cavorting in my back yard, merrily eating her freshly baked corn cakes, hidden from the coppers.

I miss her a little, and being the sentimental sap that I am, I decided a BBQ was in order this evening.

Ribs and tenderloin on the grill with my home-made BBQ sauce with coffee.

Mmmmmm. BBQ pig, 'tater salad, and baked beans. I consider that a fitting memorial.

/johnny

576 posted on 05/28/2011 4:03:11 PM PDT by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 575 | View Replies]

Ah, man and you forgot to invite me. It sounds great! Tender, juicy barbecue.

577 posted on 05/28/2011 4:50:40 PM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 576 | View Replies]

Good evening. On tap for the weekend is the most relaxing weekend in recent times. Preparing for fishing trip to Leadville on Wednesday thru Friday. Also reading Where's the Birth Cirtificate? by Dr. Jerome Corsi. Caligula has a LOT MORE than just the B.C., which has been PROVEN to be a forgery, to account for.

What's on your agenda this weekend?

578 posted on 05/28/2011 7:12:53 PM PDT by Two Thirds Vote Aye (I was saying 'I hope he fails' before Rush was.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 572 | View Replies]

Continuing working on baby stuff and wedding stuff. It takes time to get the work done and since we don’t know when the wedding will be, I try to have everything done as early as possible.

579 posted on 05/28/2011 7:31:28 PM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 578 | View Replies]

Caligula has a LOT MORE than just the B.C., which has been PROVEN to be a forgery, to account for.

Well that's the thing. Stuff has been proven to be a forgery or felonious, i.e. all those SS#s, and it just gets ignored by the other two branches of government. Who will rid us of this pestilent foreigner.

580 posted on 05/28/2011 7:35:19 PM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)

Only the LORD God Almighty has the power to rid us of this illegal alien committing treason. I have been praying for Him to do that if it be His will.

581 posted on 05/28/2011 7:42:34 PM PDT by Two Thirds Vote Aye (I was saying 'I hope he fails' before Rush was.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 580 | View Replies]

...and apparently, heretofore, it has not been His will not to take the alien out. And I am worried that it is the decades of decadence of America that has foisted this monster on us.

582 posted on 05/28/2011 7:46:57 PM PDT by Two Thirds Vote Aye (I was saying 'I hope he fails' before Rush was.)

I wept, I ate, I wept, I ate. She was a very, very good pig. And much better behaved on the grill than running wild in the church parking lot next door (hidden, that's the operative word, and it's dashed hard to hide a piglet running wild).

Turns out that eating an annoying pig raises it's relative esteem. Who knew?

/johnny

583 posted on 05/28/2011 7:48:02 PM PDT by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 577 | View Replies]

Prayers up for wedding and baby stuff to go well.

584 posted on 05/28/2011 7:48:38 PM PDT by Two Thirds Vote Aye (I was saying 'I hope he fails' before Rush was.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 579 | View Replies]

You IS Da man!

585 posted on 05/28/2011 7:49:52 PM PDT by Two Thirds Vote Aye (I was saying 'I hope he fails' before Rush was.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 583 | View Replies]

Many times, even though I have asked forgiveness for my sins, I have thought that Caligula is my punishment for my sins while I am on this Earth.

586 posted on 05/28/2011 7:54:46 PM PDT by Two Thirds Vote Aye (I was saying 'I hope he fails' before Rush was.)

What's on your agenda this weekend?

You didn't ask me, but I'll answer....

Just replacing the passenger side axle, knuckle joint and steering joint on a 1989 Honda Accord, cooking 2 gallons each of potato salad and chicken pasta salad for a benefit for a friend with a degenerative neurological disorder, writing a script for a fall-back/changeover for a FreeRadius server and backup (or two), documenting everything I've done, business-wise, for the last 2 weeks, putting up a fence, cultivating the garden before the weeds take it away, and generally, trying to stay out of trouble.

Slow weekend.

/johnny

587 posted on 05/28/2011 7:55:21 PM PDT by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)

To: b4its2late; Lazamataz
Yah know, she's got a really skinny waist and great big.... frontal cushion units.

Laz would hit it.

/johnny

588 posted on 05/28/2011 7:57:48 PM PDT by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 563 | View Replies]

Enough with the coffee.

589 posted on 05/28/2011 7:59:48 PM PDT by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 587 | View Replies]

You IS beyond DA Man!

590 posted on 05/28/2011 8:16:06 PM PDT by Two Thirds Vote Aye (I was saying 'I hope he fails' before Rush was.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 587 | View Replies]

To: JRandomFreeper; lazarus

Laz might not know what to do with it!

591 posted on 05/28/2011 8:17:32 PM PDT by Two Thirds Vote Aye (I was saying 'I hope he fails' before Rush was.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 588 | View Replies]

To: Two Thirds Vote Aye; JRandomFreeper
2/3rds, you do know you pinged Lasarus and not Lazamataz in your last post.

You both know, do you not, that Laz has been suspended (or maybe banned) for a while.

592 posted on 05/29/2011 4:54:42 AM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 591 | View Replies]

Doh! I totally forgot about Lazamataz being suspended and thought he, like so many others, was just not posting here any more. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

593 posted on 05/29/2011 5:09:16 AM PDT by Two Thirds Vote Aye (I was saying 'I hope he fails' before Rush was.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 592 | View Replies]

LOL

594 posted on 05/29/2011 5:49:51 AM PDT by b4its2late (Ignorance allows liberalism to prosper.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 588 | View Replies]

Across the fence neighbor knocked on the back door this morning and chatted. Nice little chat, etc.... They did wonder why there was a towel and bar of soap on the back porch, next to the 55 gallon drum I use to catch water from the roof. :)

Me? Bathe in a 55 gallon drum here in suburbia? In my back yard? Some folks get the strangest ideas.

/johnny

595 posted on 05/29/2011 10:03:54 AM PDT by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)

LOL! I’m in suburbia, too. I’m sure my neighbors across the back fence (normal people) wonder about me.

596 posted on 05/29/2011 3:55:07 PM PDT by Two Thirds Vote Aye (I was saying 'I hope he fails' before Rush was.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 595 | View Replies]

WOO HOO! The benefit for my friend with the degenerating neurological disease netted enough for the standing wheel chair, van lift, and ramp.

Thank God for good Americans.

/johnny

597 posted on 05/29/2011 9:18:52 PM PDT by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 596 | View Replies]

GOOD MORNING from the sun filled Ms Gulf Coast, USA!!

Being lazy today, been having an infected left eye for about a week, lots of medication in it, am much better today, sun does not kill the eye with pain as it has been doing.

Happy to report that the boys are dong great, TJ is really loving school and Caleb plays going to school every morning and is talking so well, oh the wonders of a child and I thank the kids for adopting them.

I am in the process of finding a car to buy of Allie, sound some lookers but that is all they were, lookers. I want to get her convertible but she does not want one, wants a mini SUV. Oh, forgot to mention she was on the honor roll this year (as last year) and has the goal of being a counsler, religious at that. She will be a Jr next year, growing up fast and is a knockout, the phone steady rings off the wall.

The two boys have reached that age of squaring up with other and one day it is gong to explode.

Just want to let all know I am doing great now, like an ole car, I break down every once in a while, let the ole bod rest a spell and then up and at em.

Have a wonder and blessed day!
Toby

598 posted on 05/30/2011 7:19:54 AM PDT by gulfcoast6
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 592 | View Replies]

To: gulfcoast6

Happy Memorial Day to you, too! I hope your eye medicine isn’t like some of my eye meds. I had surgery on my eyes at the end of March. But one of the drops prescribed for me cost $140! I also had her cut off some skin growths on my eyelids. The ointment for that was another $150! Sheesh!

Do what the doc says, now. Eyes, imo, are very important.

I understand about those boys. My oldest when she was young, kept pushing and pushing and egging on her younger brother. We warned her that one day he was “gonna let her have it.” We warned him that he wasn’t allowed to hit a girl. We punished her but she kept on.

One afternoon she kept egging him on and so ... he picked up a toy pail in his room, a GALVANISED toy pail and beaned her over the head with it. To this day she has a scar about an inch and a half long hidden under some hair. To this day he resents us for making him sit on his bed doing nothing until bed time several hours later. We didn’t spank him but we couldn’t let him get off entirely scot-free. She did have something coming to her. She was punished, too.

Maybe in our next life we’ll be wise parents.

599 posted on 05/30/2011 7:29:25 AM PDT by Jemian (Herman Cain for President! Free at Last! Thank God Almighty, this country is free at last AGAIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 598 | View Replies]

I have had a really pleasant Memorial Day today. I hope you have too. I have avoided the MSM news all day, which I do every day, because that DAMNED cursed name is almost always the lead story.

I'm sure there was the arrogant bastard (and that may actually be accurate, based on what I have read and heard) laying the wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, those brave fallen heroes, who he is unworthy to untie their combat boots with his teeth, let alone DARE to traipse on the hallowed ground of the burial place of the greatest heroes in history.

May his sins find him out and find him out quickly.

600 posted on 05/30/2011 6:14:16 PM PDT by Two Thirds Vote Aye (I was saying 'I hope he fails' before Rush was.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 599 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 451-500501-550551-600601-613 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson