Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Barbara Olson's new book already #21 on Amazon's sales rank list!
Amazon.com ^ | Not yet- October 2001 | Barbara Olson

Posted on 09/26/2001 3:04:48 PM PDT by abner

The Final Days: A Behind the Scenes Look at the Last, Desperate Abuses of Power by the Clinton White House
by Barbara Olson

List Price: $27.95
Our Price: $19.56
You Save: $8.39 (30%)

This item will be published in October 2001. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

See larger photo

Hardcover - 258 pages (October 2001)
Regnery Pub; ISBN: 0895261677

Amazon.com Sales Rank: 21

TOPICS: Crime/Corruption; Front Page News; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 141 next last
What a trip! So much for lets just move on....

#21 and not even published yet.

Yesterday Mr. Olson and Regnery Press announced that they would publish Barbara's book. Looks like that was a great decision.

I look forward to watching it rise up the best seller charts! She did really well with Hell to Pay, even though they tried to hide it. I wonder how this one will do...

1 posted on 09/26/2001 3:04:48 PM PDT by abner
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: abner
Is this the book where she compares Barbara Bush with Clinton's mother? I've only seen a snippet of a quote but what I've seen didn't make clear the point of the comparison. I'm sure there must have been one.
2 posted on 09/26/2001 3:13:44 PM PDT by ConsistentLibertarian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: ConsistentLibertarian
I don't know. I don't have the book yet. I don't know the quote either. Can you fill me in?
3 posted on 09/26/2001 3:15:09 PM PDT by abner
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Gosh, it just kills me to know that this WONDERFUL lady has gone to meet Jesus, while Hitlery is still with us. God Bless the Olson family.
4 posted on 09/26/2001 3:17:10 PM PDT by RoseofTexas

Just think what a great Christmas Gift this will be, especially for all our LIBERAL friends and FOB!! Rest in Peace, Barbara Olson...........We miss you!
5 posted on 09/26/2001 3:18:21 PM PDT by Uff Da

Barbara Olson - still the Patriot! I pray this book sells all over the world! I pray that every treacherous deed committed by the Clinton/Gore administration be revealed and that the LORD's people rise up in righteous indignation and we get justice! And I pray that every day! In Jesus' Name - who is The TRUTH and JUSTICE!
6 posted on 09/26/2001 3:22:10 PM PDT by TrueBeliever9

To: TrueBeliever9
Barbara Olson - still the Patriot! I pray this book sells all over the world! I pray that every treacherous deed committed by the Clinton/Gore administration be revealed and that the LORD's people rise up in righteous indignation and we get justice! And I pray that every day! In Jesus' Name - who is The TRUTH and JUSTICE!

AMEN!

7 posted on 09/26/2001 3:24:29 PM PDT by abner
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

From the zNew York Post:

PAGE SIX

By RICHARD JOHNSON with PAULA FROELICH and CHRIS WILSON

September 20, 2001 -- Kitty Kelley's bad timing IN a spectacular case of bad timing, Washingtonian magazine trashed Barbara Olson in the issue that went on sale a few days before she died in the hijacked-jet crash at the Pentagon.

The former federal prosecutor, married to Solicitor General Ted Olson, is criticized posthumously by Kitty Kelley, who starts off by quoting Diogenes: "De mortuis nil nisi bonum - of the dead, let nothing but good be said."

Olson "apparently never studied Latin," Kelley noted. But as of Sept. 11, Kelley was speaking ill of the dead.

Kelly, known for her no-punches-pulled biographies of Nancy Reagan and Frank Sinatra, took Olson to task over a piece she wrote in the British newspaper the Daily Telegraph comparing the late Virginia Kelley to Barbara Bush.

"Look at Bill Clinton's mother, as opposed to George W.'s mother," Olson wrote. "Is your mother a barfly who gets used by men? Or is your mother a strong woman who demanded respect for her ideas and always received it?"

To her credit, Olson apologized. "My choice of words was very unfortunate," she said.

But Kitty Kelley went after her in the Washingtonian, saying Olson "lets her politics blind her to appreciating Democratic mothers. Imagine what she might say about Miss Lillian. The mother of Jimmy Carter was a straight-talking warrior woman who joined the Peace Corps at 68. The imperious Sara Delano Roosevelt probably would have dismissed Barbara Olson as hired help."

Kelley concluded: "Let the likes of Barbara Olson let the dead rest in peace. She can hiss at people who are alive and well - and can claw back."

Reached by Roll Call the day after Olson died, Kelley told the D.C. weekly: "Barbara Olson died very courageously. I think she gave her last measure . . . May she rest in peace.

In her final moments, Olson called her husband twice on her cell-phone to report the terrorists were armed with box-cutters and asking what she should tell the pilot. "She died nobly and helped us a great deal," Kelley said.

Washingtonian magazine's editor-at-large, Chuck Conconi, told Roll Call there will be another piece about Olson in the October issue, which comes out tomorrow, because Olson had attended a Sept. 5 luncheon the monthly threw for the most powerful women in Washington.

Olson is quoted in the piece as saying she always wore white when one of her cases went to the jury so they would "know who the good guys were."

"It's a nice tribute," Conconi said.

8 posted on 09/26/2001 3:26:25 PM PDT by mass55th

I'm not sure if I've got this right, but it went something like this "Bill Clinton's mother hung out in bars and let herself get used by men. Barbara Bush is a strong woman who has ideas and is respected for her intellect." Something like that. The irony is, a Freeper on another thread tells me Ann Coulter thinks women should be judged on their looks, not their intelligence. (One has to wonder what Ann thinks she has to gain by that?) Apparently this is what she said when commenting on Guiliani's mistress -- that she wasn't better looking than his wife, so it wasn't worth it to have an affair with her. Now, I adore Barbara Bush and so I'm aghast at how Ann thinks this would apply to the marriage between George Sr. and Barbara. Maybe Ann And Barbara Olsen never talked about this? I really don't know. And I could be wrong on either point. Just passing along what I've heard on FR.
9 posted on 09/26/2001 3:28:04 PM PDT by ConsistentLibertarian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: mass55th
That's it -- thank you. I still don't get it. Barbara Olsen was a federal prosecutor, so I'd say she must be halfway intelligent. Yet here she is dipping her toe in a non sequiter. When there is so much to criticise Clinton for, why bring his mother into the picture? How is it relevant? I wouldn't give Clinton points for having a mother I could admire. And I don't suppose Barbara Olsen would either.
10 posted on 09/26/2001 3:31:42 PM PDT by ConsistentLibertarian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: mass55th
What if it turned out that Ann Coulter's mother was a slut? Or her mother's mother was a slut? I'd think it would be silly to think that this is relevant to bring up when considering the merits of Ann Coulter's foreign policy recommendations. Would Barbara Olsen have us think that we need to go back and check out the virtue of Ann Coulter's mother before we consider what to think about Ann's foreign policy recommendations? You'd think those recommendations stand or fall on their own and that the only way to judge Ann is based on what she writes, not on whether or not her mother was a slut. To even raise the issue is inappropriate. That's why I can't figure out what Barbara Olsen was thinking trying to compare the mothers of past presidents.
11 posted on 09/26/2001 3:38:07 PM PDT by ConsistentLibertarian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

And just out, at ranking 1,030 and falling....

Will they ever shut up?

12 posted on 09/26/2001 3:42:00 PM PDT by Rocko

To: Rocko
Will they ever shut up?

No.

13 posted on 09/26/2001 3:46:58 PM PDT by abner
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Maybe Barbara was trying to say that if you were raised in an a white trash atmosphere, you grow up to be white trash.

In X-42's case, he saw his mother get used and abused by men, so - he probably thought it was his birth-right to do the same thing to women that was done to his momma.

Just a thought....

14 posted on 09/26/2001 3:48:02 PM PDT by capydick
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

This is a book about the final days of the clinton administration and the pardons.......
15 posted on 09/26/2001 3:51:16 PM PDT by OldFriend

True but sad.
16 posted on 09/26/2001 3:51:35 PM PDT by Rocko
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: capydick
"Maybe Barbara was trying to say that if you were raised in an a white trash atmosphere, you grow up to be white trash." Sort of like "They grew up on the hood and never knew any better"? Hmmm ... I'm more of an individual responsibility kind of a guy. But maybe you think it's a case of diminished responsibility because it all goes back to his unfortunate luck to be raised the way he was? Sounds like a liberal view to me.
17 posted on 09/26/2001 3:53:37 PM PDT by ConsistentLibertarian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

It's as simple as "monkey see...monkey do". Happy now?

sw

18 posted on 09/26/2001 3:53:49 PM PDT by spectre
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: OldFriend
The pardons are such a scandal. Why did Barbara Olsen go off on a tangent about who's mother was in which bar doing what and for how much and with what guy?
19 posted on 09/26/2001 3:55:03 PM PDT by ConsistentLibertarian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

To: spectre
I hold each monkey individually responsible for whatever he or she chooses to do. Maybe when Barbara Olsen was a federal prosecutor she went to the jury and said "I want you to know the accused was beaten by his parents and grew up in a dysfunctional home, never having good role models, and that explains in part why this all happened, and I want you to take this into account, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, in your deliberations"? I'd be suprised. Then again, given what she wrote in her book, I'd be surprised if she didn't. Which is it, BTW?
20 posted on 09/26/2001 3:59:30 PM PDT by ConsistentLibertarian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 141 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson