Free Republic 3rd Qtr 2020 Fundraising Target: $88,000 Receipts & Pledges to-date: $11,546
13%  
Woo hoo!! And we're now over 13%!! Thank you all very much!!

Keyword: kathleenkennedy

Brevity: Headers | « Text »
  • Female-Focused ‘Star Wars’ Series From ‘Russian Doll’s’ Leslye Headland In Works At Disney+

    04/22/2020 2:23:59 PM PDT · by EdnaMode · 65 replies
    Deadline ^ | April 22, 2020 | Patrick Hipes
    Disney+ is developing a female-centered Star Wars series that will be written and showrun by Lesley Headland, a co-creator of Netflix’s Emmy-winning dramedy series Russian Doll. Deadline has confirmed the gist of the series. While the exact plot is under wraps, but the series is understood to be a female-driven action thriller with martial arts elements and set in an alternate timeline from the usual Star Wars universe. Disney declined comment on the project, which was first reported by Variety. It marks the latest Disney+ original series in the Star Wars universe, following the successful The Mandalorian created by Jon...
  • John F. Kennedy’s grand-niece and her son, 8, drowned after boating accident, officials say

    04/03/2020 6:34:09 PM PDT · by Hojczyk · 103 replies
    NewYork Post ^ | April 3,2020 | By Natalie O'Neill
    A grand-niece of President John F. Kennedy and her son drowned after rowing into the rough Chesapeake Bay in Maryland to recover a soccer ball, authorities and witnesses said Friday. Maeve Kennedy Townsend McKean, the granddaughter of Robert F. Kennedy, and her 8-year-old son, Gideon Joseph Kennedy McKean, got into the canoe around 4 p.m. Thursday outside her mother’s home in Shady Side, according to the Washington Post. The child had been kicking a ball with other kids when it fell into the water, and the pair went to retrieve it amid high winds, her husband, David McKean, told the...
  • Soylo: A Soy Wars Soyry Will Be Disney's Lowest-Earning Soy Wars Entry Yet

    05/26/2018 10:51:54 AM PDT · by Rummyfan · 58 replies
    Ace of Spades ^ | 25 May 2018 | Ace of Spades
    Headline thanks to Comics Artist Pro Secrets. If the headline is indecipherable to you, Ethan Van Sciver says that Disney is producing "soy-based entertainment" -- cucked-out movies where all the women are bad-ass and decisive and all the men are ineffectual Pajama Boys and pansexuals -- and he calls their new movie "Solo: A Star Wars Story" "Soylo: A Soy Wars Soyry." Which I think is pretty funny. They're expecting Soylo: A Soy Wars Soyry to earn the least money of any Disney Soy-based entertainment. The industry had been expecting, I thin, a $170 million domestic haul over the four-day...
  • ‘Obi-Wan’ Disney+ Series on Hold as Crew Sent Home

    01/23/2020 5:21:15 PM PST · by EdnaMode · 31 replies
    Collider ^ | January 23, 2020 | Adam Chitwood
    Last week, troubling rumors began swirling about the upcoming Disney+ series revolving around the character of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Ewan McGregor is poised to reprise his role from the Star Wars prequels in a story set eight years after the events of Revenge of the Sith. Screenwriter Hossein Amini (Drive) and director Deborah Chow (The Mandalorian) were tapped to spearhead the series, and production was on pace to begin this year. These rumors hinted at potential trouble behind the scenes, and while we’re hearing the show isn’t cancelled, we are hearing that it’s been delayed. Two independent sources with knowledge of...
  • George Lucas “felt betrayed” by Disney’s plans for ‘Star Wars’ (ultra woke) sequel trilogy

    12/23/2019 10:14:23 AM PST · by powermill · 73 replies
    New Music Express Australia ^ | December 24, 2019 | Sam Moore
    George Lucas “felt betrayed” by Disney‘s initial plans for the Star Wars sequel trilogy, according to Disney CEO Bob Iger. Iger has recalled the early meetings that Disney held with the creator of the acclaimed sci-fi franchise ahead of the making of The Force Awakens, which hit cinemas in 2015 as the first part of the sequel trilogy. •Read more: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – what we know so far about the final film in the trilogy In Iger’s new memoir The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company,...
  • A spoiler-filled review of ‘The Rise of Skywalker’: Star Wars might be ruined forever

    12/20/2019 5:21:18 PM PST · by EdnaMode · 62 replies
    BGR ^ | December 20, 2019 | Chris Smith
    [snip] This brings me to the absolute worst thing about The Rise of Skywalker, which can easily ruin the original movies as well. Disney chose to go with Palpatine as the villain, without even making the tiniest effort to explain the logic of it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m willing to entertain the idea that a powerful dark master of the Force can’t be killed as quickly as you’d think. Well, unless you’re Rey, in which case it’s apparently quite easy. But Palpatine was able to survive in the shadows for years? He wields such immense power that he can...
  • New Star Wars movies coming in 2022, 2024, and 2026

    05/07/2019 1:14:18 PM PDT · by EdnaMode · 71 replies
    Polygon ^ | May 7, 2019 | Michael McWhertor
    Disney announced its upcoming movie slate on Tuesday, stretching out through 2027 and revealing the dates for the next three Star Wars movies. The next Star Wars film, the first new one after the conclusion of the nine-episode Skywalker saga, will hit movie theaters on Dec. 16, 2022. That means there will be a three-year gap between Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and Lucasfilm’s next Star Wars movie. Two additional Star Wars films are slated for Dec. 20, 2024, and Dec. 18, 2026. All three Star Wars projects are untitled, and it’s not clear yet whether those films will...
  • Film Academy Expels Bill Cosby and Roman Polanski From Membership

    05/03/2018 11:33:34 AM PDT · by EdnaMode · 33 replies
    Variety ^ | May 3, 2018 | Kristopher Tapley
    The Board of Governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has voted to expel actor Bill Cosby and director Roman Polanksi from its membership ranks. The move comes a week after Cosby was convicted of three counts of aggravated indecent assault brought against him by Andrea Constand, and after disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein was first expelled from the organization last year. Polanski has been on the lam for 40 years, ever since fleeing the country while awaiting sentencing for statutory rape in 1978. The decision to remove Cosby and Polanski from the membership was made Tuesday,...
  • Film Academy Expels Bill Cosby and Roman Polanski From Membership

    05/04/2018 12:15:42 PM PDT · by Maceman · 18 replies
    Variety ^ | May 3, 2018 | Kristopher Tapley and Gene Maddaus
    The Board of Governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has voted to expel actor Bill Cosby and director Roman Polanski from its membership ranks. The decision to remove Cosby and Polanski from the membership was made Tuesday, May 1 at a scheduled board meeting. The move comes a week after Cosby was convicted of three counts of aggravated indecent assault brought against him by Andrea Constand. Cosby has been accused of sexual assault by as many as 60 women, a few of which testified at the emotional hearing. Polanski has been on the lam for 40...
  • Roman Polanski threatens lawsuit against motion picture academy over expulsion

    05/09/2018 7:12:52 AM PDT · by EdnaMode · 21 replies
    LA Times ^ | May 8, 2018 | Josh Rottenberg
    Just days after the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences voted to expel Roman Polanski from its ranks, the director's attorney sent a letter to the organization Tuesday morning, arguing the move was unlawful and threatening to take legal action if Polanski is not granted a hearing. In his letter, a copy of which was obtained by The Times, Polanski's attorney, Harland Braun, said the academy had failed to follow both its own rules and California law in denying the Oscar-winning director a chance to present his own case. "We are not here contesting the merits of the expulsion...
  • Hunting the Con Queen of Hollywood: Who's the "Crazy Evil Genius" Behind a Global Racket?

    07/11/2018 3:44:30 PM PDT · by Sontagged · 20 replies
    Hollywood Reporter ^ | 7/11/2918 | Scott Johnson
    For more than a year, some of the most powerful women in entertainment — including Amy Pascal, Kathleen Kennedy, Stacey Snider and a 'Homeland' director — have been impersonated by a cunning thief who targets insiders with promises of work, then bilks them out of thousands of dollars. The Hollywood Reporter has obtained exclusive audio recordings of the savvy imposter as victims come forward and a global investigation heats up. He was a freelance documentary photographer, 27 and eager, but not inexperienced. He'd worked in conflict zones for several prestige newspapers and magazines and shot ad campaigns for corporate clients....
  • Grace Randolph Scoop: Kathleen Kennedy Almost Fired as Head of Lucasfilm... But...

    06/26/2018 10:44:50 AM PDT · by servo1969 · 117 replies
    Ace of Spades ^ | 6-25-2018 | Ace of Spades
    Grace Randolph Scoop: Kathleen Kennedy Almost Fired as Head of Lucasfilm... But... Her video is here. If you don't want to watch, here's the quick written version: Disney staged a big "secret" conference call with ranking people in the Star Wars division. Security guards were posted outside the doors at offices to prevent eavesdropping. Pixar and Marvel representatives were able to listen in on the call, but not speak on it. Apparently this was allowed to get feedback, I guess at a later point, about the Star Wars situation. Disney's head Bob Iger wants to fire Kathleen Kennedy, but there's...
  • ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff Films on Obi-Wan and Boba Fett Put on Hold Following Bad ‘Solo’ Box Office

    06/20/2018 6:03:42 PM PDT · by EdnaMode · 63 replies
    Indie Wire ^ | June 20, 2018 | Zack Sharf
    Lucasfilm is allegedly changing course on its plans for the future of the “Star Wars” movie universe. Sources close to the studio tell Collider all “Star Wars” spinoff films are being put on hold following the mixed critical response and poor box office for “Solo: A Star Wars Story.” The Han Solo spinoff opened May 25 and has still not crossed the $200 million mark at the U.S. box office as of June 20, making it the lowest grossing title of the Disney-backed “Star Wars” era. The future “A Star Wars Story” films included spinoffs centered around Obi-Wan Kenobi and...
  • Toxic Fandom Is Killing 'Star Wars'

    06/11/2018 8:21:36 PM PDT · by EdnaMode · 139 replies
    Hollywood Reporter ^ | June 11, 2018 | Marc Bernadin
    Racist harassment of 'Last Jedi' star Kelly Marie Tran and the 'Solo' backlash: Lucasfilm’s problem isn’t the movies, it’s trolls who want only the nostalgia of their youth, like "old Luke Skywalker hiding on an island from everything new," writes columnist Marc Bernardin. Fandom has always been an us versus them proposition. In the early days, it was because you loved something that the world at large found silly, be it comic books or Doctor Who. It was you and those who felt like you, against everyone else. Star Wars redefined fandom because it built a bigger tent than had...
  • ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Actress Kelly Marie Tran Leaves Instagram Following ‘Harassment’

    06/06/2018 8:25:43 AM PDT · by servo1969 · 91 replies
    Breitbart.com ^ | 6-5-2018 | Charlie Nash
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi actress Kelly Marie Tran deleted all of her posts on Instagram following alleged harassment from Star Wars fans who did not like Tran’s character in the movie. Star Wars Facts, a popular Twitter account, claimed Tran had deleted the posts “due to months of harassment.”
  • 'Solo' Will Lose $50M-Plus in First Defeat for Disney's 'Star Wars' Empire

    06/04/2018 5:04:20 PM PDT · by EdnaMode · 89 replies
    Hollywood Reporter ^ | June 4, 2018 | Pamela McClintok
    To borrow one of Han Solo's lines from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, "That's not how the Force works!" It's an apt way to sum up the troubled performance of Solo: A Star Wars Story. In one of the biggest box-office surprises in recent times, Solo is badly underperforming and will become the first of the Star Wars movies made by Disney and Lucasfilm to lose money. Wall Street analyst Barton Crockett says Solo will lose more than $50 million. Industry financing souces, however, say that figure could come in at $80 million or higher, although no one knows the...
  • Oprah Winfrey Asks Powerful Hollywood Women About Woody Allen in Time's Up Interview

    01/14/2018 11:08:31 AM PST · by nickcarraway · 20 replies
    Hollywood Reporter ^ | 1/14/2018 | Ryan Parker
    Winfrey sat down with Reese Witherspoon, Kathleen Kennedy, Natalie Portman, America Ferrera, Nina Shaw, Tracee Ellis Ross and producer Shonda Rhimes to discuss the impact their campaign has had in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal. Among the topics discussed during a CBS Sunday Morning segment hosted by Oprah Winfrey on the Time's Up initiative was director and accused sexual predator Woody Allen. Winfrey sat down with Reese Witherspoon, Kathleen Kennedy, Natalie Portman, America Ferrera, attorney Nina Shaw, Tracee Ellis Ross and producer Shonda Rhimes to discuss the impact their campaign has had in the wake of the Harvey...
  • Anita Hill to Lead Hollywood Commission on Sexual Harassment

    12/15/2017 8:28:20 PM PST · by EdnaMode · 51 replies
    New York Times ^ | December 15, 2017 | Cara Buckley
    A commission headed by Anita Hill and composed of and funded by some of the most powerful names in Hollywood has been created to tackle widespread sexual abuse and harassment in the media and entertainment industries. Called the Commission on Sexual Harassment and Advancing Equality in the Workplace, the initiative was spearheaded by Kathleen Kennedy, the president of Lucasfilm; Maria Eitel, the co-chair of the Nike Foundation; the powerhouse attorney Nina Shaw; and Freada Kapor Klein, the venture capitalist who helped pioneer surveys on sexual harassment decades ago. The commission’s mission, according to a news release, is to “tackle the...
  • Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg Reunite for 5th Indiana Jones Film

    03/15/2016 1:49:33 PM PDT · by hoagy62 · 120 replies
    MSN ^ | 3/15/16 | James Rainey
    Director Steven Spielberg and star Harrison Ford will make a fifth “Indiana Jones” film, to screen July 19, 2019, Disney announced Tuesday. The release from the studio describes “a fifth epic adventure in the blockbuster series,” adding: “Steven Spielberg, who directed all four previous films, will helm the as-yet-untitled project with star Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role. Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will produce.” Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn called the Jones character “one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history,” adding, “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role,...
  • Clinton confidante Huma Abedin sure had a lot of special deals set up for her at the State Dept.

    03/12/2015 7:57:03 PM PDT · by 2ndDivisionVet · 21 replies
    Hot Air ^ | March 12, 2015 | Noah Rothman
    Maybe more than at any point in her life, even during her 2008 bid for the White House, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s past and associations are coming under intense scrutiny in mainstream press outlets. From her potentially unsecure, private email account to the Clinton Foundation’s suspect fundraising methods, Clinton’s past is apparently anything but unimpeachable. One positive thing you can say for sure about the secretary is that she takes care of her friends. Apparently, former Rep. Anthony Weiner’s (D-NY) wife and longtime Clinton confidant Huma Abedin was especially well cared for. According to a New York Times...