Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Too Easy to Steal: Why don't liberals want to stop voter fraud?
Opinion Journal ^ | 12/11/2001 | The editors

Posted on 12/10/2001 8:07:40 PM PST by Pokey78

Edited on 04/23/2004 12:03:59 AM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]

It took a year after the Florida fiasco, but Congress is finally moving to overhaul the nation's antiquated election laws, dimpled chads and all. The vital issue now is whether the bills will also curb the growing, but mostly overlooked, problem of voter fraud.

(Excerpt) Read more at opinionjournal.com ...

TOPICS: Editorial; Politics/Elections
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 12/10/2001 8:07:40 PM PST by Pokey78
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Pokey78
um, because they commit it and benefit from it...
2 posted on 12/10/2001 8:16:21 PM PST by nocommies
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Same reasons republicans don't want to fix it.
3 posted on 12/10/2001 8:17:44 PM PST by Demidog

Maria Cantvotewell would not be in office if it where not for vote fraud and the Republicans unwillingness to confront it during the Bush Gore debacle. Vote fraud is responsible for Democrat control of the Senate and explains their reluctance to confront their primary advantage.
4 posted on 12/10/2001 8:58:25 PM PST by Libertarianize the GOP

"Why don't liberals want to stop voter fraud"

Excuse me?? Because if you get rid of the fraud, the dems won't win any elections any more. Geeee, I thought everybody knew that!!

5 posted on 12/10/2001 10:19:08 PM PST by Sueann

Why no mention of the more than suggestive evidence of ballot tampering in Florida (black republicans 50 times more likely to have "spoiled" ballots than black democrats, rate of overvotes nearly 20 percent higher in precints with a demoncrat chairman and over 30 percent higher with a black demoncrat, etc.)? This is the real no shit felonious stuff. Why the silence from the media and even the editorial pages?!?
6 posted on 12/10/2001 10:31:35 PM PST by Stultis

To: Libertarianize the GOP
What is the evidence that vote fraud got Maria into the Senate? I didn't vote for her, but then again I didn't vote for Slade--he lost my vote, on principle, when he refused to vote to convict Clinton.
7 posted on 12/10/2001 10:36:55 PM PST by PeoplesRepublicOfWashington
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: PeoplesRepublicOfWashington
I never cared for Slade either but he was better the Cantwell. Did you watch the returns as absentee ballots were counted? Counties that Slade won gave a majority of the last batch of ballots they counted to Maria. There were not enough votes in the last batch of King County ballots to reverse the vote count. If you remember Slade had been leading up until the final batch of absentees were counted. For so many Counties that Slade had won to have their final batch of ballots be so unrepresentative of their overall returns is mathematically extremely unlikely.
8 posted on 12/10/2001 10:49:11 PM PST by Libertarianize the GOP
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Two noncitizens testified in court recently that a city councilwoman in Compton, California, registered them to vote and then had staffers direct them on casting absentee ballots.

What is the name of this city councilwoman?

9 posted on 12/10/2001 10:52:21 PM PST by lowbridge

To: Demidog
Where are claims of Republican vote fraud?
10 posted on 12/10/2001 11:03:26 PM PST by rdb3
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Early morning bump....
11 posted on 12/11/2001 4:13:24 AM PST by TomServo

A Pakistani man linked to two of the September 11 hijackers has been indicted for illegally registering to vote in North Carolina. A Saudi man detained for similar questioning voted last year in Colorado after registering under Motor Voter.

Isn't that sweet?

12 posted on 12/11/2001 7:32:00 AM PST by white rose

Didn't Philadelphia have 100% voter turnout in the last election? Can anyone from up that way comment?
13 posted on 12/11/2001 7:53:51 AM PST by FreedomPoster

The evil donkey is working day after day to register their new best friends: Felons both in and out of prison (yes in three states they can vote from prison). For example,in Ill. 2/3 of all of their state prisoners come from Dalyville and as soon as they get out they are being registered to vote by Mel the molester Reynolds. This will result in barn dweller domination of Ill. forever. All over the country stuff like this is happening, I'll send a report on it to anyone interested in more info. Coach
14 posted on 12/11/2001 8:11:55 AM PST by jmaroneps37

To: Libertarianize the GOP
I didn't watch the returns, but I do remember that Slade was in the lead going into the absentee ballot count. Because convention wisdom says absentees usually favor the Republican, I figured he'd squeak by, but I thought it was a big batch of King County absentees that put Cantvotewell over the top. I wasn't aware of her winning absentees in counties that she lost at the polling booths. My first impression is that massive vote fraud with our absentee ballots would take a lot of effort.
15 posted on 12/11/2001 10:57:22 AM PST by PeoplesRepublicOfWashington
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: PeoplesRepublicOfWashington
Take Whatcom County where the county clerk is in liberal Bellingham. Whatcom County went something like 55% for Slade over all but 60% of the final batch of absentee's went for Maria. I have no inside info but records exist for who voted and for who requested absentee ballots. It might be possible to slip in ballots supposedly representing an absentee voter whose ballot has not showed up or mark voters who didn’t show up at the polling place as having requested an absentee ballot. Whatcom County was not the only county to show similar results but it is the one I remember.
16 posted on 12/11/2001 11:32:55 AM PST by Libertarianize the GOP
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson