Skip to comments.Al Gore: Fox News & Talk Radio ‘Propaganda’ Has Created a ‘Hostile Environment’ for Progressives
Posted on 02/02/2013 11:24:57 AM PST by Mozilla
Al Gore said President Barack Obama was forced to be cautious during his first term in office because of the propaganda served up by Fox News and talk radio that created a hostile environment for progressive ideas.
The former vice president who has been on somewhat of a media whirlwind since the sale his Current TV to Arab news network Al-Jazeera made the comment during an interview to promote his latest book with PBS Charlie Rose this week in New York.
I think it has been a pretty hostile environment for progressive ideas, Gore said.
And why is that? Rose asked. That youre saying its a very hostile environment for progressive ideas because of the importance of money in corporations? Or
and Fox News and the right-wing talk radio, Gore said as the audience laughed. Its not that complicated. In Tennessee theres an old saying, if you see a turtle on a fence post you can be pretty sure it didnt get there by itself. And the fact that we have 24/7 propaganda masquerading as news, you know it does have an impact.
Gore went on to decry the lobbying situation, the big money situation that leave progressiveness at a disadvantage. Rose named the conservative Koch brothers, but pointed out there are equally well-funded individuals on the liberal side. Gore interrupted that that it was a false equivalency, and the audience cheered.
He also had some kind words for billionaire investor George Soros.
People talk about George Soros George Soros is a wonderful guy and hes had an influence, I wish he had more influence.
Al Gore for president
So, shrieking liberals, MSNBC, a pervasive fear of saying anything so that you aren’t attacked for violating political correctness, and extreme leftist attacks on basic human rights don’t create a hostile environment for conservatives?
Day is night, black is white, etc.
How to take over a country:
Flood it with money, thus making the money worthless. DONE
Take over the media. DONE
And Soros is an expert in taking over countries.
Why Al? Because there is a significant number of Americans who don't like your fellow travelers running rampant over their lives and their children?
Right, we know all about NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, MSNBC, CurrentTV, etc., Al.
Saul Alinsky tactics
Always remember the first rule of power tactics (pps.127-134):
1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”
2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat.... [and] the collapse of communication.
3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)
4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”
5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”
6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time....”
8. “Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.”
9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”
10. “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.”
11. “If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside... every positive has its negative.”
12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”
13. Pick the target, freeze it, ersonalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and ‘frozen.’...
“...any target can always say, ‘Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?’ When your ‘freeze the target,’ you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments.... Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the ‘others’ come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target...’
Progressives have created a hostile environment for all free peoples.
The difference is, that our hostility clarifies that Progressives are idiots and evil.
Their hostility toward free people deprives them of their personal liberties, property, and dignity.
Sorry Al. I’ve been “hostile” toward you commie libs since you started crawling out of the sewers in vast numbers back in the early 60s. FOX News and talk radio had nothing to do with it.
That’s why he sold out to Al Jeezera - he wanted more “balance” on US cable stations.
So, how is Al Gore’s sale of Current T.V. going to advance his view point? He had a chance to give voice to his viewpoint, but saw it as losing proposition and decided to sell his station to Al Quaeda TV.
Oh, that’s right, Al Gore is a big phoney who talks about the environment out of one side of his mouth and then runs up huge utility bills in his palatial mansion and creates hundreds of tons of c02 emissions flying his personal jet to all those important global warming conferences.
This guy is the King of hypocrisy.
Just think this evil POS was a few votes from being POTUS..
Owl Gore should be in prison for treason for foisting his global warming carbon credit scam on us..
Al Gore’s comments are classic leftist technique—blame your opponent for doing the things you do, for example blame conservatives for being racist, hateful, dishonest, mean, etc. ad infinitum.
Never in the history of the United States has there been such oppressive hostility toward traditional American values, families, culture, common sense, merit, striving, responsibiliby, healthy behavior, learning, or anything else good. If only there was some hostility toward progressives because, unopposed, their plans will cause great suffering and tragedy among the good people of the greatest society that has ever existed—Constitutional and free America.
Al's done a lot of that on his own.
But if he really felt strongly about this, wouldn't he stay in the fight, rather than take the money and run?
We can only hope this is true.
“Gore went on to decry the lobbying situation, the big money situation that leave progressiveness at a disadvantage.”
What a miserable excuse for a human being he is.
Lars Larson had Gore on his radio program this week and he did grill him good!
Mentioned the REAL money was going to pseudo science through liberal universities to back up Gore’s theories along with the paid for media.
No, Gore wasn’t real happy.
it is no wonder that he cannot see the global cooling going on right now.
I hate the term “progressive”. It sounds like such a good thing! Unless you combine it with something else - like “progressive cancer”. Or “progressively going blind”.
I prefer to use the term “fascist prog” for these criminals.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.