Skip to comments.Why The One, Won (Chess v. Checkers)
Posted on 11/07/2012 11:03:17 AM PST by FlipWilson
Obama's machine rolled over us because the democrats continue to play chess while Republicans play checkers. Watching the Republican Party go up against the democrats is the true picture of futility.
1) Everything Obama has done has been directed towards his re-coronation. The Republicans went along with it wither wittingly or unwittingly and just could not stop it in other instances. They simply refuse to realize the long game being played by their opponents and, instead, are stuck in the good old days of "collegiality" and so forth.
2) Who cares about Obamacare now when it does not go into effect until after the election. Thus, it is simply not an issue. If you are going to make it an issue, then you better have gory, bloody campaign adds showing Grandma bleeding out after being hit by a purse snatcher all because Obamacare denied her coverage. Otherwise, people only know Obamacare as an abstract idea. Then again, what am I saying, only democrats make adds like that.
3) Who cares about unemployment when you are getting paid not to work. Hey GOP, thanks for extending those bennies for umpteen million months. Then again, I sure would hate to see Boner cry if the press were mean to him for not extending the cuts. Bottom line republicans, if you want to tell people about the pain Obama is inflicting, then stop administering anesthesia.
4) The media is the ministry of propaganda. When will we start to hit the media and treat them like we would any other political enemy? We need to turn the Alinsky tactics on these people and expose their personal lives, their family's lives and any and every other aspect of their miserable existence. They do it to us!! Until we elminate this threat by any legal or somewhat legal means necessary, it is game over.
5) Moderates smoderates. It is just in some politician's DNA to try and be liked by everyone and our enemies know how to exploit ths through the Media or otherwise. They can specially exploit the one's who look like they were force fed donuts for three straight years. They simply do not turn out the GOP vote and inspire nothing. As for Mitt, when you are underperforming McCain by a couple Mil, you suck even if you are a nice guy. But please, don't advocate for your ideas, instead, apologize for them.
6) Stupid candidates are stupid candidates whether conservative or otherwise. You say and do something stupid, you lose so let's not jump off a "blame conservatives" cliff.
7) Carl Rove is a moron, Dick Morris is a funny toe sucking moron. With enemies like these, why does Obama need friends?
8) We lose, we win. But either way, we stick to our guns because the other side certainly does. But it may be a good idea to get the social crap off of the front burner and, instead, try our enemies tactics of getting our social agenda through in a more stealthy manner. But in sticking to our guns I can say this, the other side is no doubt about it driving us over the cliff. We need to be there to not say, "we told you so" but "we are sorry and have the solution."
This country is screwed if the Democrats don’t become more moderate.
OBAMA BOMB goes off in Washington D.C........
That is it!!.. next four years will be very very long..
Running the inventor Romney-care against the inventor of Obama-care seems to have been extremely fool hardy..
Being a republican may qualify you as a FOOL..
You can argue, but reality strips you naked..
A very insightful way of summing it up - chess vs checkers. Reaction to a move by the opponent vs a board-level strategy based on a wide range of pieces and their ability to move, take away weapons, surround, then capture the king.
You make it sound like the Rs won no major elections in the past 4 years. The Rs basically won all the major elections since the ‘08 election. And they were all “shocking” to the MSM and quickly forgotten. It’s hard to believe it was only 5 months ago that Walker won his recall election.
Only quibble is the final one. We are not putting social issues front and center. Personally, I am focused 90% on small government, conservative fiscal ideas, so I don’t have a stake in the argument, but we have pretty much minimized those the last two cycles. Obama inserted a made up ‘war of women’ into the strategy, we didn’t play along. It worked though. A decent number of women voted thinking we are going to put them in chains in the dungeon or some such thing. Not sure how we avoid talking about it we are under attack.
We lost because we play by the Marquess of Queensberry Rules and they play by lowlife rules - ten people kicking one in the head and groin.
Quote: “You make it sound like the Rs won no major elections in the past 4 years.”
With all due respect, what difference does it make if we win governships or the House if the President simply declares himself king and signs Executive orders or sicks his Attorney General on the States to abrogate our Federalist system?
It was in our platform and needs to exit it. It does not mean we do not pursue it, it means we adopt our opponents tactics to forward it. We need to start playing the game as it is, not as we wish it were.
It ain't rocket science here,boys and girls.It's all about the Benjamins to Rat politicians and their supporters.
Good point, but my point is that the Rs until last evening had been running the table on elections.
Well, they were on a nice run with CONSERVATIVE candidates like Walker. But they shyt the bed with their usual “acceptable moderate” candidate.
Amen...we need to get it off the front burner...
It’s old style local politics. Pork projects to all your base supporters and they’ll reward you when your up for reelection. Obama played the base turnout election and won. Its a cynical ploy, but it was effective.