Skip to comments.CBO: 30 Million Will Remain Uninsured Under Obamacare
Posted on 08/08/2012 5:15:07 PM PDT by Hotlanta Mike
A new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report says that under the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, 30 million non-elderly Americans will remain without health insurance in 2022.
One of the main arguments the Obama administration made for passing the Affordable Care Act was that it would provide coverage for the uninsured.
(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...
Gosh, that number sounds familiar!
Don’t worry, they’ll get vouchers. /S
Dems seem to think insurance for illegals and those on welfare (”poverty”) is free, and therefore solves the medical access and payment problem for all.
When we retire, the next day just give us a free "fun" pill that will put us into a sleep which we won't wake up from.
At least someone is finally reading the damn bill.
Like any big gummit handout program it does less than promised, more poorly than promised, for a higher cost than promised.
This is an awesome link to keep in mind when someone justifies O-Care by saying that it’s horrible not to have insurance. It turns out O-Care is not about insuring everyone. It’s about redistribution of $, and the govt takeover.
I thought the same. Also, what’s point of obamacare? It sure ain’t health care.
“Gosh, that number sounds familiar!”
Yeap, sounds like the number they said would finally get insurance under Obamacare....I guess they LIED!
(Don’t worry...previous to RomneyCare, 7% of MA citizens were uninsured...and he largely took care of all that...so 30 million...that’s just a tad under 10% of the country...I think Romney’s socialist healthcare pioneer bent will “take care” of that Obama gap)
Now, as someone at the link pointed out that, when this bill was passed, 16 million didn't have insurance. With Obamacare, we'll be trillions more in debt, and 30 million won't have insurance.
If anything, this administration is consistent.
That means we could have spent nothing and gotten the same result.
are there enough jail cells to house all these tax evaders?
Cue the picture of Gomer Pyle. “Surprise, surprise.”
Trillions of dollars wasted and high numbers remain without health insurance...meawhile the rest have insurance policies but less access to available healthcare in which to use the policy. Worse all around.
Not to mention the 21 different taxes contained in the law...
Obama-care has numerous points:
1) To demonstrate that the Congress can and does pass legislation without reading it, without understanding it, without having even the slightest clue what is in it, so that in inflicting it upon you, they can discover for what they voted.
2) To inflict punitive taxes on the filthy rich (read: working poor), extracting $2,085/year from a single parent of four or more children with a total family income at least $12,850/year. The children, if employed, may have to pay the same tax too from their own incomes, even if the parent also pays it on their behalf.
3) To extract punitive taxes on big businesses, defined on any person who dares to employ 50 others in any combination of enterprises, thus providing powerful incentives to restrict hiring and employment growth and so to make economic recession a semi-permanent feature of the American economy.
4) Perhaps most importantly, to punish innocent babies and drive the birthrate to sub-European levels, promoting demographic implosion. The law provides unlimited free drugs to prevent the conception of children, to poison those conceived children to death, to dismember tortuously painfully those who escape the poisoning, and to tax those born into destitution. The law provides for a slush fund sufficient to triple the staggering number of feticides in this country. Feticide already claims the lives of one American in four and ranks as the leading cause of death.
5) To advance the culture of death in other ways, including euthanasia and through propaganda promoting free services, including encouragement of counseling intended to induce the choice to kill.
6) To repress and persecute the Church, especially the Catholic Church, through requirements and taxes that make forfeiture of religious freedom essentially compulsory to meaningful participation in the American economy. These measures will drive Christians, especially but not exclusively Catholics, away from the medical sector, as doctors, nurses, bureaucrats, operators of clinics and hospitals, and even as patients and non-medical employers.
7) To expand and enhance the power of a bureaucracy in Washington over the life and indeed the death of ordinary Americans, causing Americans to revere the Government as some sort of god. This objective denies natural rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Instead, Americans live and die by the wish and whim of big government and exist for and at its pleasure. American companies exist to magnify the might and execute the will of President Obama and authorities at various levels of government (including the local alderman), without whose beneficence they could not exist.
8) To spend money even faster than it taxes and thus to justify even more repressive Congressional action later, especially if Americans do not respond by removing themselves from the healthcare system as patients and pay debilitating taxes.
9) Hope and change, dude! Okay, I’m sure that Obamacare will accomplish even worse than we can imagine, considering that many sections remain un-implemented, implemented in secret, or so convoluted as to be incomprehensible, or regulations not yet written.
30 million uninsured?
Hell, isn’t that what we started with?