Skip to comments.15 Facts That Even Obama's Biggest Supporters Should Be Able To Admit Are True
Posted on 05/19/2012 4:50:13 AM PDT by Kaslin
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts." -- Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Conservatives and liberals may disagree on reasons, motivations, and excuses for Barack Obama's performance, but the facts are still facts. There may be many reasons that a pro football coach goes 1-15, but everyone can agree that his record is still 1-15, right? Well, here are some basic facts about how the country is faring with Barack Obama in the White House. Take a look at the numbers, sans commentary, and make your own judgment about whether Barack Obama deserves another term in office.
1) Real median household income is down $4300 since Obama took office.
2) The percentage of unemployed workers who've been out of a job for more than a year is over 30%.
3) The country has had the longest streak of +8% unemployment since the Depression under Obama: 39 months and counting.
4) In 2011 under Barack Obama, nearly one out of every seven Americans was on food stamps. That's a 70 percent increase from 2007.
5) Fifty percent of new college graduates are underemployed or unemployed.
6) U.S. home ownership is at a decade long low. So is the number of Americans who say their home is worth more than they paid for it. Home prices are the lowest they've been since 2002.
7) Barack Obama ended NASA's manned space program.
8) Going into this election cycle, Barack Obama had raised more money from Wall Street than any President in history. He has also raised more money from Wall Street than all of the GOP presidential contenders combined in this election cycle.
9) Under Barack Obama's leadership, the last time Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats passed a budget was April 9, 2009.
10) Barack Obama's budget was defeated 414-0 in the House and 99-0 in the Senate.
11) When he was running for President in 2008, Barack Obama pledged not to raise taxes on families making less than 250,000 dollars per year. He broke that promise with the tanning salon tax and with Obamacare, which raises almost 500 billion dollars in new taxes, a significant portion of which would be paid by people making less than 250,000 dollars per year.
12) When Barack Obama took office, gas was $1.95 per gallon. Today gas is $3.72 per gallon.
13) In February of this year, the federal government had a 229 billion dollar deficit. That was the largest deficit in the history of the United States.
14) America lost its AAA credit rating (which it had held since 1917) on Obama's watch despite the fact that Timothy Geithner publicly said there was "no risk" of that happening.
15) Barack Obama added more to the debt in just 38 months than George Bush did in two full terms as President.
That would make an excellent TV AD
But being the Stupid Party I doubt the GOP would think of it
But maybe one of the PACs can do it
Well yeah, but at least he gave us hope or something. /rolleyes
Bush was just awful to leave Idi Obama that much of a mess.< /sarcasm >
I would bet that you are going to see most of those facts cited in numerous TV ads in the next 6 months.
They’ll never admit to any of it. For liberals, truth is whatever serves the Party — and if you repeat lies often enough, they become true.
As long as entitlements keep rolling on Obama will be tough to beat.
Dencrats have figured that out. They own the loafer vote.
The rats will ALWAYS blame Bush.
of course, even if it’s clearly their fault
......In 2011 under Barack Obama, nearly one out of every seven Americans was on food stamps. That’s a 70 percent increase from 2007.....
Newt Gingrich was RIGHT when he called obama “the Food Stamp President”!!!!
Dims and liberals should STOP hiding behind the “racist” canard and face up to reality. But of course they won’t.
Speaking of facts, the GOP or a PAC should simply run a video with Obama stating what he said he would do before the election - such as “cut the deficit in half” and what has actually occurred.......simply hitting 10 major points.
Would prove he is the ultimate failure as POTUS....
But, as you said, being the Stupid Party, they probably won’t do it.......
The Obama Economy.
An obviously overt racist article /sarc
16. Born in Kenya
16. Born in Kenya
The real problem that is our biggest hurdle to vault is that the nations liberal print, broadcast and educational/government media have committed to a plan of disinformation and obfuscation of these and other facts as to so completely confuse John and Jane Q. Public.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.