Skip to comments.To Obama and his cronies-what orders US military will not obey
Posted on 03/11/2009 8:21:23 AM PDT by conservativegramma
U. S. Military, Veterans, and Peace Officers
Our oath is to the Constitution of the United States of America.
It is NOT to the President..., and that oath will be kept,......
Oath Keepers is a non partisan association of currently serving military, veterans, and peace officers who will fulfill our oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God.
Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the President, not to Congress, and not to any political party. In the long-standing tradition of the U.S. military, we are apolitical. We dont care if unlawful orders come from a Democrat or a Republican, or if the violation is bi-partisan. We will not obey unconstitutional (and thus unlawful) and immoral orders, such as orders to disarm the American people or to place them under martial law.. We wont just follow orders." Our motto: Not on Our Watch!
There is at this time a debate within the ranks of the military regarding their oath. Some mistakenly believe they must follow any order the President issues. But many others do understand that their loyalty is to the Constitution and to the people, and understand what that means.
The mission of Oath Keepers is to vastly increase their numbers. [This confliction MUST NOT be allowed to continue within our military...]
(Excerpt) Read more at defendourfreedoms.us ...
1. We will NOT obey any order to disarm the American people.
2. We will NOT obey any order to conduct warrantless searches of the American people, their homes, vehicles, papers, or effects - such as warrantless house-to house searches for weapons or persons.
3. We will NOT obey any order to detain American citizens as unlawful enemy combatants or to subject them to trial by military tribunal.
4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a state of emergency on a state, or to enter with force into a state, without the express consent and invitation of that states legislature and governor.
5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty and declares the national government to be in violation of the compact by which that state entered the Union.
6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to "keep the peace" or to "maintain control" during any emergency, or under any other pretext. We will consider such use of foreign troops against our people to be an invasion and an act of war.
9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies, under any emergency pretext whatsoever.
10. We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
The above list is not exhaustive but we do consider them to be clear tripwires they form our line in the sand, and if we receive such orders, we will not obey them. Further, we will know that the time for another American Revolution is nigh. If such a revolution comes, at that time, not only will we NOT fire upon our fellow Americans who righteously resist such egregious violations of their God given rights, we will join them in fighting against those who dare attempt to enslave them.
It would be nice to actually believe that but when push comes to shove, I fear they will follow orders they know to be illegal.
MacArthur and Patton obeyed orders to fight fellow military veterans under Hoover’s orders - the “Bonus Army” conflict. There are others throughout history.
This about says it all. It’ll be a time to stand your ground and not back down. I don’t trust our government, Obammmmmma and his den of thieves are apt to go after ammo not guns. We should be prepared and pray it never comes to this.
I think you’ll see an even split. Those men like the above who will uphold the constitution no matter what; those who won’t really care about the constitution as much as they care about self-preservation and will try and remain ‘neutral’; and those who will actively engage with America’s enemies seeking their own glory.
Pretty much like it was in 1776. 1/3 Patriots; 1/3 Loyalists; 1/3 Tories.
Umm.... didn’t the National Guard already do a lot of those things after Hurricane Katrina?
Hoover was a LEGITIMATE president!!!
Re-read #4 above. Particularly that last phrase.
I agree with you.
It will be civil war again more like 1861.
I think Loyalists and Tories are the same thing. Did you mean:
1/3 Patriots, 1/3 Neutral, 1/3 Tories/Loyalists?
The “Oath Keepers” blog elaborates on each point:
No Offense, but the National Guard are a bunch of civilians just following orders. Dedicated Military personnel understand the oath and the ultimate responsibility that entails. They will not turn into the German military in the 1930s who swore an oath to Hitler, which ultimately destroyed their county and led to millions of deaths worldwide.
Yes, the Constitution SHOULD have place "TERM LIMITS" of any and ALL politicians at all levels.
I too took the oath: to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God.
“Bonus Army conflict” was about money.
This time it is about the very essence of the Constitution and our Nation.
That is worth fighting for.
We have an obligation as citizens of the U.S. to oppose the loss of our Freedom and our Nation.
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
No offense, but you're an idiot. Don't you DARE insult the memory of my fourteen proud and brave friends, members of the Georgia National Guard, who gave their lives for YOU in Iraq by calling them "a bunch of civilians." I served in the infantry on both active duty and the Guard, and let me tell you the honest, unvarnished truth: If I want to pass an IG inspection, I'd go with an active duty unit. If I want to pass combat, I'd go with a National Guard unit.
Yes and no. The active duty military is restricted by something called Posse Comitatus, which basically says that active duty forces can't be used on US soil. The National Guard doesn't come under that act, because each state's Guard is under the command of the state governor.
In 1966, I took an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution and I have never wavered from that promise. It literally pains me to even think about what it would mean to do so in today’s environment ... I’d do it but fully understand what the consequences would be.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.