Skip to comments.Woodland to stop fluoridating water (WA)
Posted on 09/09/2013 5:59:00 AM PDT by opentalkEdited on 09/09/2013 6:03:42 AM PDT by Admin Moderator. [history]
LONGVIEW, Wash. -- The city council of Woodland, Wash., has decided to stop fluoridating the city's water.
The council voted 6-1 Monday night to remove the additive from the water supply.
Even if fluoridation prevents tooth decay, councilman John Burke said the city shouldn't make a medical decision for citizens without their consent.
(Excerpt) Read more at nwcn.com ...
I’m sure liberal Portland drinks bottled spring water.
this is probably mainly a left thing there...but it traditionally been a right thing too.
I do not want additives to my water...cept trace chlorine to kill any bacteria.....
They then analyzed possible associations with IQ measures in more than 8,000 children of school age;all but one study suggested that high fluoride content in water may negatively affect cognitive development.
The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45,which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15.*
“...I do not want additives to my water except for trace chlorine to kill any bacteria...”
Exactly right, agree 100%
What else have the FDA and CDC been wrong about that’s cost our health?
Payola, it’s not just for third world countries anymore.
People will call you crazy for suggesting that there are people out there that would like nothing more than to kill as many Americans as possible any way possible. The thing is though, such people not only walk amongst us, they work in fields that give them access to things like our food, medicine, and water supply. Imagine if Major/Doctor Hassan had been in charge of water purification instead of an Army psychiatrist? I have an old friend who works in water purification for a large city. Security there is no freaking joke. Hassan demonstrates beyond any doubt that our enemy holds high positions within our infrastructure. what did he say when he started shooting? Allahu Akbar. And what did the sheep say when the shepherd led them to the slaughter house? Nothing.
We drink and cook with water directly from our Berkey. I’ve toyed with the idea of getting the fluoride filter as well, and I think I’ll order one when we replace the black filters.
The CDC promotes gun control; therefore, everything else they promote very well could be BS as well.
The fluoride they add isn’t even pharmaceutical grade. It’s industrial grade. Who knows what ELSE is in any one particular batch...
Dentistry now has methods of taking advantage of fluoride that are 100X more effective than just pumping it into the water supply. Give it to whomever needs it, not 50 million old folks with dentures.
Fluoridated water is just one more welfare benefit. We won’t be allowed to stop paying for it since it would hurt the poor and minorities, who never take their kids to the dentist.
Recent evidence suggests that mixing powdered or liquid infant formula concentrate with fluoridated water on a regular basis may increase the chance of a child developing the faint, white markings of very mild or mild enamel fluorosis.
You can use fluoridated water for preparing infant formula. However, if your child is exclusively consuming infant formula reconstituted with fluoridated water, there may be an increased chance for mild dental fluorosis. To lessen this chance, parents can use low-fluoride bottled water some of the time to mix infant formula; these bottled waters are labeled as de-ionized, purified, demineralized, or distilled.
FACTS ABOUT FLUORIDE
- Fluoride is a waste by-product of the fertilizer and aluminum industry and it’s also a Part II Poison under the UK Poisons Act 1972.
- Fluoride is one of the basic ingredients in both PROZAC (FLUoxetene Hydrochloride) and Sarin nerve gas (Isopropyl-Methyl-Phosphoryl FLUoride).
- USAF Major George R. Jordan testified before Un-American Activity committees of Congress in the 1950’s that in his post as U.S.-Soviet liaison officer, the Soviets openly admitted to “Using the fluoride in the water supplies in their concentration camps, to make the prisoners stupid, docile, and subservient.”
- The first occurrence of fluoridated drinking water on Earth was found in Germany’s Nazi prison camps. The Gestapo had little concern about fluoride’s supposed effect on children’s teeth; their alleged reason for mass-medicating water with sodium fluoride was to sterilize humans and force the people in their concentration camps into calm submission. (Ref. book: “The Crime and Punishment of I.G. Farben” by Joseph Borkin.)
- 97% of western Europe has rejected fluoridated water due to the known health risks, however 10% of Britons drink it and the UK government is trying to fast track the fluoridation of the entire country’s water supply.
- In Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg fluoridation of water was rejected because it was classified as compulsive medication against the subject’s will and therefore violated fundamental human rights.
- In November of 2006, the American Dental Association (ADA) advised that parents should avoid giving babies fluoridated water.
Unfortunately not enough of us have yelled loud enough in our cities and towns to get it removed. It’s most definitely NOT good for you and should ALL be removed from drinking water all over the country but hey Big Pharma’s gotta make a living off of sick folks ya know?
Fluoridation should not be a blanket “yes or no” thing, for several reasons.
1) Many places already have plenty of fluoride in the water, so adding more is effectively overdosing people with it.
2) Fluoride, along with chlorine and bromide, are increasingly common in our diets and water, and tend to block the bodies ability to absorb iodine.
3) Fluoride is best applied directly to the teeth in toothpaste, not swallowed, and it is now ubiquitous in toothpastes. In the rest of the body it is unimportant at best, and can even be somewhat toxic.
This is great Im pleased to see Windsor join the ranks of 67 per cent of Canada and 94 per cent of the world, said Kimberly DeYong of Fluoride Free Windsor. Her group,formed in 2011,lobbied to have Windsor join the growing list of cities and towns turning away from a practice once described as one of the top public health achievements of the last century.
FLUORIDE SPILL EATS HOLES IN CONCRETE - Rock Island, Illinois
Saving money should also be a reason not to add it, I would rather have lower water/property taxes because they don;t have to add this poison to my water.
I haven’t drunk unfiltered tap water since I was a kid. The chi water tasted like algae for years.
I don’t know how to feel about fluoride in water, I’m not sure it has much effect, positive or negative.
The water here is so expensive (MWRA - thanks, Mike Dukakis), but it is super clean (I’ve personally analyzed it myself). I don’t bother filtering.
The water in Central MA was/is pretty good too. Merrimack Valley, OTOH - GARBAGE.
campaignpete’s new screen mane: baseballmauro-ct
When I went to my cousin’s wedding in Wisconsin I stayed at a hotel. I was washing my hands and the soap would not come off. Very annoying.
I was told this was because the water was soft, devoid of minerals.
“I was told this was because the water was soft, devoid of minerals.”
Or it could just be that you were in WI and they knew you’re a Bears fan?
What do you think, Mauro?
I overheard some guy I didn’t know who also drove up from Illinois talking about how some cop pulled him over, he blamed it on his Bears decal.
This cousin grew up there after his parents moved, someone once gave him a Packer jersey for his birthday. And his ex-GF wouldn’t put out when the Packers were playing bad. It’s like a religion up there.
WOW!!! That’s insane!
OTOH, I wouldn’t go to Yankees Stadium in full Red Sox regalia - it’s asking for trouble.
“Its like a religion up there.”
Another state I’ll skip.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.