Skip to comments.American Idol 2012--Live Thread
Posted on 01/18/2012 11:41:39 AM PST by silent_jonny
At least she will be free of an Idol contract.
What was your take on J Lo’s reaction ?
Nope, as I wrote last night...she completely blew the Dusty Springfield song — she did not understand it at all.
Skylar sings out with Miranda Lambert's "Gunpowder & Lead". Singing it like she wasn't just eliminated, fully composed. Hollie is weeping.
Hope they have Miranda on speed-dial for the finale.
OMg, she IS! Too funny!
I hope so! I would buy her music. And she’s such a nice kid—ATV, deer rifles :-) She knows what’s important.
Given tonight’s results the best I can hope for is a Hollie and Joshua finale.
Jessica and P-squared dodged some bullets tonight.
Skylar will be better off not being stuck in a winner’s contract. She’s gonna be huge on the country charts. Good for her!
Yep, Carrie was the highlight of the show. Why couldn't they have two Carrie peformances and only one Coldplay.
LOL! Serously? Is Tom Brokaw busy that night?
Hi, Patriot :)
What are the voters thinking?
"If you would like to vote for Obama ..."
Obama holds up the appropriate last digits with this fingers while grinning next to Seacrest.
It's not far-fetched.
I haven’t been ranking the contestants this year, but I would rate the Top 5 as follows...
1. Joshua - He seems to have the complete package of the group, good singing, good performing, can bring back the classic R&B style a la Raphael Saadiq.
2. Jessica - Best singer of the girls. Great talent at only 16, sometimes her youth shows, and has room to grow as a performer.
3. Skylar - Best performer of the girls and could be the top money-maker of the group, or at least on tour. Bummer she goes out in fifth place. Kellie Pickler has made a good career despite finishing lower than fifth.
4. Hollie - Has her moments, and did well this week.
5. Phillip - His run should have ended weeks ago, I can’t imagine listening to a whole album of his with his monotonous style (and I generally dislike most of Dave Matthews’ work, whom Phillip is oft compared to), and he had a particularly bad week this week, but oh well. Always avoid the bottom.
Just not my cup o tea, I guess.
Ever since he was compared to Fantasia he's become screechier and screechier. He used to sing.
She's a better singer than he is.
I wouldnt go THAT far! I think they both suck as singers.
I can’t wait to hear what the theme is next week....But you can bet your butt, they will be playing up Joshua and Jessica...I am all in for Hollie just now...I think P Squared has had a good run, but as has been said so many times, every song sounds the same...AND if he stays on the program, and they keep making him sing with Joshua...I think the kid will end up needing therapy!
I completely agree.
Create chaos. Distract the public and media with the chaos. Continue to bypass Congress, the courts and the Constitution while everyone is looking the other way.
I've heard more interesting music at the dentist's office.
HAHAHA! That's going in the file!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.