Since May 1, 2004
Bible believing Christian. You can't pick and choose scripture and claim Christianity otherwise!
LET’S GO BRANDON!
A conservative in the traditionally liberal sense--NOT a big government "compassionate" conservative!
A Thatcherite who believes socialism is not only inefficient, it's IMMORAL!
Why celebrate evil? Evil is easy. Good is the goal worth striving for. Why? Our culture celebrates "bad" people. Being good is considered uncool, but it is far, far more easier to be bad than good. There's simply no challenge in BAD whatsoever. Good requires self discipline and sacrifice. It's a higher, harder goal to reach, while being bad simply means letting selfish instincts rule. I believe wholeheartedly in the Bible's admonition to focus on what is good, holy and pure, and I encourage others to do the same. I don't claim to be good myself, but I think it's far better to strive to be good and fall short than to give up trying.
Gun grabbers will do everything possible to limit gun ownership without outright banning them. They would love to do the latter, of course, but they know they do not have the political power to take all guns. Here is a list of possible gun grabber approaches I made up (do not be fooled when the left tries them):
1) Capture as many gun transactions/information as possible in national databases. If possible, 100% gun registration.
2) Background checks on all gun transactions including ammo.
3) Gun licensing and mandatory recurring gun safety training.
4) Extra (prohibitive) taxes on gun and ammo purchases.
5) Requirements to carry liability insurance to own a gun, with increasing premiums based on the types and quantities owned.
6) Limits on the kinds of guns that can be manufactured, including guns locks keyed to owner DNA, fingerprints, etc. (single shot weapons preferred).
7) Requirement to store guns in government approved safes when not in use. Ammo must be stored separately.
8) Random home inspections and certifications to ensure #7 or...
9) Requirement to store all guns at federally owned storage sites with waiting periods to draw gun out for use.
10) Waiting lists to buy even approved guns.
11) Limits on the number of guns that can be purchased per year and/or total number that can be owned.
12) Anti-gun curriculum added to schools (children, doctors, and others encouraged to report gun owners).
13) Requirement to send guns back to manufacturers for annual serviceability checks (this one would be a boon for gun manufacturers, sort of like Obamacare for health insurance companiesa potential way to get gun manufacturers to support legislation).
14) Requirement to file plans prior to transporting any gun across state borders (with a long wait for approval of course).
15) Requirement to buy government approved container and pay for professional installation in vehicle prior to transporting any gun.
16) Pressure companies to put financial pressure or stop doing business with gun manufacturers, merchants, and owners.
17) Heavy fines and permanent ban from ever owning another weapon for violating any of the above infringements.
18) Mental health checks for owner and everyone in household prior to approval to buy a gun subject to the other restrictions above. Record of treatment for PTSD, addiction, depression, etc., gets one banned from ever owning guns.
19) Whatever else they can think of to make it extremely difficult to own a gun!
You will hear the 2nd Amendment, like the 1st, is not absolute. Reasonable (LOL!) restrictions on gun ownership will be sold as necessary for public safety. Your legal gun just might be a prohibitely priced, single shot muzzle loader (subject to the slew of restrictions above), but they will argue you still have the right to bear arms.
For all those millionaires and billionaires who whine about not paying enough taxes, please cut a check to Gifts to the United States, U.S. Department of the Treasury, Credit Accounting Branch, 3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D, Hyattsville, MD 20782. Make it out to the United States Treasury, and please be generous!