Since Mar 19, 2003
Charity begins at home not the government teat
"St. John Chrysostom said, "Should we look to kings and princes to put right the inequalities between rich and poor? Should we require soldiers to come and seize the rich persons gold and distribute it among his destitute neighbors? Should we beg the emperor to impose a tax on the rich so great that it reduces them to the level of the poor and then to share the proceeds of that tax among everyone? Equality imposed by force would achieve nothing, and do much harm.
Those who combined both cruel hearts and sharp minds would soon find ways of making themselves rich again. Worse still, the rich whose gold was taken away would feel bitter and resentful; while the poor who received the gold form the hands of soldiers would feel no gratitude, because no generosity would have prompted the gift. Far from bringing moral benefit to society, it would actually do moral harm. Material justice cannot be accomplished by compulsion, a change of heart will not follow. The only way to achieve true justice is to change peoples hearts first and then they will joyfully share their wealth."
I am a Torah-observant Messianic believer in Y-shua haMoshiach. This is not an oxymoron! I prefer to use the Tanak (OT) to understand the many obscure New Testament passages.
1. Ani Maamin with a perfect faith in the existence of the Creator, be He Blessed, who is perfect in every manner of existence and is the Fundamental Source of all that exists.
2. Ani Maamin with a perfect faith in G-d's absolute and unparalleled Unity, His Echadness.
3. Ani Maamin with a perfect faith in G-d's Essence, who is touch with the feelings of our infirmities.
4. Ani Maamin with a perfect faith in G-d's Eternity.
5. Ani Maamin with a perfect faith in the necessary to worship Him exclusively and no foreign counterfeit gods.
6. Ani Maamin with a perfect faith that G-d communicates with man through prophecy, and through His Son, Yeshua the Messiah, and His Holy Spirit.
7. Ani Maamin with a perfect faith that the prophecy of Moses, The L-RD thy G-d will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him you shall lend an ear. That is our teacher Yeshua Messiah, and it is He to whom I shall lend my ear.
8. Ani Maamin with a perfect faith in the Divine origin of HaTorah - The Living Word.
9. Ani Maamin with a perfect faith in the endurance of the Torah, it will always stand.
10. Ani Maamin with a perfect faith in Divine Omniscience and Divine Guidance of the Almighty One, blessed be He.
11. Ani Maamin with a perfect faith in Divine reward and retribution.
12. Ani Maamin with a perfect faith in the arrival of the Yeshua Messiah a second time, and the Messianic age.
13. Ani Maamin with a perfect faith in the Resurrection of the dead.
I dress modestly. No one except my husband sees my belly button. The internet is a G-d send as far as this issue is concerned. I have some links on my FR links page of good places to find modest clothes as well as longer shirts for layering and protecting one's midsection from the lower riding jeans that are popular now. Read 1 Corinthians 11 for HaShem's opinion on this.
My favorite actor is Bae Yong Joon, aka Yonsama, of Winter Sonata, April Snow, Untold Scandal, & Taewangsasingi(The Four Guardian Gods of the King).