Since Mar 23, 2003
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis sed nomini tuo da gloriam.
A child of the 50s and 60s. Born in Dallas into a middle class family with roots in both Neshoba county Mississippi and the indian nations, raised in the fantasy land of Scarsdale, New York, diverted to Texas and Boston for school, with time out for 3 corneal transplants along the way (now four as of Thanksgiving 2006). Five years in San Francisco, back to New York/New Jersey (with a stop in the Poconos for 2 years). Now in the Memphis area for over 20.
In at the beginning of the "over the counter" home computer industy (literally) with 3 other people way back in 1977 I sold the first (very first) factory built PC ever, and I'm still slogging away at that sysiphus like rock. Steve Jobs still owes me for lunch, you know.
Client Architect for a Fortune 100 company.
Father of 3 amazing children. Husband and partner of a lovely lady who happens to be a Baha'i. I'm a believer in Jesus, the Christ, but cynical about churches (for good reason).
Three degrees of seperation from President Bush (one step is Dick Cheney, the other my Father). VERY proud of that tenuous connection
Conservative Republican by choice, but I describe myself as a cynical liberal. I believe in the original liberal ideals, equal treatment under the law, help those who truly need help and so on. I just don't believe for an instant that Teddy Kennedy or Al Gore are out for anybody but themselves.
Avid reader, particularly of History, Science Fiction and fantasy (I read enough technical stuff for work... I want to DREAM!).
Favorite books for entertainment:
- My favorite is Stranger in a Strange Land - Heinlein (and almost anything else he has written)
- John Ringo's works, especially the Posleen and Prince Roger stories
- Eric Flint's 1632 series
- David Weber's Honorverse
- The Wizardry series - Rick Cook
- The Adept series - Katherine Kurtz, Deborah Turner Harris
- Theodore Roosevelt biography (volume 1 and 2 completed) - Morris
- The Last Lion - Churchill biography (volume 1 and 2 completed) - Manchester
- Jack Ryan saga - Tom Clancy
- Anything by The Inklings (Tolkein, Lewis, et al)
- Larry Niven's Known Space stories
- Footfall - Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
- Lucifer's Hammer - Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
- Guns of the South - Turtledove