Since Aug 2, 2004
Professional career includes almost 30 years as a programmer/analyst (mostly as a consultant) with a B.S. in Computer Technology from Purdue University. I was raised Catholic but accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior on my 18th birthday. I now attend a non-denominational Christian church. The more I learn, both general revelation and the Bible, the more I accept the inerrant Biblical Word of God.
******* "A fanatic is one who can not change his mind and will not change the subject." Winston Churchill *******
I've been a FreeRepublic lurker since inception in 1997. A good friend of mine often repeated the quote: "Common sense is not all that common anymore." unknown and also referred me to FreeRepublic about the same time I found WorldNetDaily. The 2 best news sites on or off the web imho.
Did you know the majority of medical schools no longer require doctors (M.D.) to take the Hippocratic Oath?
Did you know the majority of law schools also now teach that the separation of church and state originated in the U.S. Constitution?
Chiropractic - A Superior Alternative for Proactive Healthcare
I had been described as a type A personality, until 2004 when I started seeing a chiropractor. By far the best thing I've ever done for my health.
1) The brain, spine and nervous system form in the first 7 hours after conception.
2) There are three 63 degree opposing arches in a healthy spine when viewed from the side.
3) Subluxations in the spine [ vertabrae out of alignment ] are often the root cause of many health problems and several signs of aging.
4) Approx 80% of all babies are born with spinal subluxations AND it only gets worse as we age. The stress and trauma of child-birth can cause subluxations for both mother and child.
5) The 3T's of subluxation are traumas, toxins and thoughts. Most everyday stress is caused by internal factors, while traumas are normally the primary cause. Ongoing and persistent health problems often occur due to subluxations.
6) Most subluxations occur in the top 7 cervical vertabrae with the average human head weighing about the same as a bowling ball. Ever tried carrying a bowling ball around all day, not with your wrist underneath but with the ball 2-3 inches in front of your wrist? That's what it's like for your back with a forward-leaning posture (head in front of your shoulders when viewed from the side) and resulting in everyday stress.
7) The news media popularized the term 'quacks' when a chiropractor brought a lawsuit (Taylor vs AMA in 1971) against the American Medical Assn. Unfortunately, the MSM with it's stranglehold on information convinced the general population that chiropractors are 'quacks' in spite of Taylor winning the lawsuit!
For many years I prayed to God for strength overcoming anger, depression, and short-temper. Well-meaning friends and family offered advice, but only 2 answers became apparent.
From Pastor Dan paraphrased "Only God is righteously appointed to repay the rage and anger we display when wanting to avenge evil, and God also grants all true believers 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit with the seventh one being a much-needed gift all too often over-looked - self-control.
The other answer was chiropractic. After just the 1st adjustment the stress-relief alone confirmed I needed this all of my life. I highly recommend the book "Chicken Soup for the Chiropractic Soul" by Jack Canfield, but you'll probably need to buy online. Virtually no bookstore nor library I've encountered stocks it. It has many case studies that witness to the life-changing power of this procedure. Chiropractors follow the hypocratic oath of "First do no harm."
Two More Noteworthy Quotes
"While intelligent people can often simplify the complex, a fool is much more likely to complicate the simple." ~ Gerald W. Grumet [Sad to say this is what I see happening with the government, global-warming, theory of evolution, etc.- just keep adding more props, rules, time and complexity while spending exorbitant sums of money only to be told repeatedly "pay no heed to the man behind the curtain."]
"Ideals are like stars; you will not succeed in touching them with your hands. But like the seafaring man on the desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them you will reach your destiny." -- Carl Schurz (1829-1906) German-American political leader, journalist, and orator.
DNA - Simply Astounding Evidence for Our Creator God
The complexities encoded in DNA alone affirm a super-natural knowledge implanted in every living creature far superior to all of the computer code generated by mankind. Every living cell contains DNA, with only a few exceptions i.e. when red-blood cells shed their nucleus. DNA contains the estimated equivalence of 3 billion coded-letter sequences of A C T & G. If recorded in books, this code would form a stack equal to the height of the Washington Monument. It has been estimated that the number of messages communicated between the brain, spinal column, and nervous system numbers into the hundreds of trillions per second.
This awesome computer-like DNA code is:
1) distinctly crafted for reproducing each created kind,
2) self-correcting with a wide variety of healing processes,
3) a natural clock indicative of a young earth (see my links page),
4) highly-integrated, multi-faceted, inter-leaved, & redundant logic to minimize and/or eliminate copy errors,
5) unique for each kind and unique again amongst each copied kind due to gene selection/regression, variation, mutation, and adaptation,
6) pre-programmed with internal intelligence for maturation, survivability, & adaptability regarding most every environmental variation [consider the navigating abilities for migratory birds],
7) AND on display with all lifeforms throughout all natural history [consider the complexities of all the inter and intra-dependent kinds and the many varied eco-systems supporting them] bearing witness to the awesome power of God!!! How could this not possibly bear witness to the logic-filled ~ Logos and the super-natural life-breathed ~ Rhema also described in the Bible? If/when the modern-day science 'experts' ever succeed in crafting their own 3 billion lines of code, how will they ever duplicate God's breath of life?