I drew a line in the sand. It has now been crossed.
These 12 Points if learned and lived faithfully will define a positive character.
1. Trustworthy: Always tells the truth. Is honest, and keeps promises. People can depend on you.
2. Loyal: True to family, friends, leaders, school, and nation.
3. Helpful: Cares about other people. Willingly volunteers to help others without expecting payment or reward.
4. Friendly: A friend to all. Offers friendship to people of all ages, races, and nations, and respects them even if their beliefs and customs are different.
5. Courteous: Is polite to everyone regardless of age or position. Knows that using good manners makes it easier for people to get along.
6. Kind: Knows there is strength in being gentleness. Treats others as he/she wants to be treated. Without good reason, does not harm or kill any living thing.
7. Obedient: Follows the rules of family, and school. Obeys the laws of the community and country. If these rules and laws are unfair, tries to have them changed in an orderly manner rather than disobeying them.
8. Cheerful: Looks for the bright side of life. Cheerfully does tasks that come along. Tries to make others happy.
9. Thrifty: Works to pay own way and to help others. Saves for the future. Protects and conserves natural resources. Carefully uses time and property.
10. Brave: Can face danger although afraid. Has the courage to stand for what is right even if others laugh or threaten.
11. Clean: Keeps the body and mind fit and clean. Chooses the company of those who live by high standards. Helps keep home and community clean.
12. Reverent: Reverent toward God. Faithful in religious duties. Respects the beliefs of others.
Living these 12 simple points will assure others say you have an Honorable Character and allow you to sleep well knowing you have done your best.
God wont ask what kind of car you drove; Hell ask how many people you drove who didnt have transportation.
God wont ask the square footage of your house; Hell ask how many people you welcomed into your home.
God wont ask about the clothes you had in your closet; Hell ask how many you helped to clothe.
God wont ask what your highest salary was; Hell ask if you compromised your character to obtain it.
God wont ask what your job title was; Hell ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.
God wont ask how many friends you had; Hell ask how many people to whom you were a friend.
God wont ask in what neighborhood you lived; Hell ask how you treated your neighbors.
God wont ask about the color of your skin, Hell ask about the content of your character.