Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Preparing for terrorists before a flight? Vanity
12/1/01

Posted on 12/01/2001 8:35:40 AM PST by daughterofSOG

Question? If I decide to organize all of the obviously American passengers on my flight about how to handle a terrorist attack before we get on the plane, is this against any law? For example, one could devise "code words" with a group of men in advance to cut down reaction time if terrorists did show up on the plane. Something like "66 means you get up in the aisle and attack terrorists and don't let them get to the cockpit." My sister, who just graduated law school, seems to think I could get thrown in jail for "exciting panic" by even talking about a plan for armimg and defending against a future attack. She says if some passengers panic from my words, I could get jailed. What about planning something in advance with pilots and the strongest American guys on the plane? Would the pilots need to report you? I would not bother with the flight attendants, I don't think. I know this is not an article, but I really need any good advice. I want to fly home, but I refuse to feel like a sitting duck, just because my gov't is telling me "it is safe to fly". I believe that reaction time is exceptionally important in this situation, judging from flight 93, and would work best with advance planning. What do you all think?

TOPICS: Miscellaneous; Your Opinion/Questions
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 12/01/2001 8:35:40 AM PST by daughterofSOG
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: daughterofSOG
I would go with "CHEESE"!!
2 posted on 12/01/2001 8:39:40 AM PST by Gadsden1st
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

If you so much as bring this subject up in an airport, you will be pulled aside for a naked rectal exam before being handed over to the FBI.
3 posted on 12/01/2001 8:46:28 AM PST by Travis McGee

To: Gadsden1st
Yep. The second you mention this...to anyone, including other passengers, who will probably turn you in...you are going to get arrested.
4 posted on 12/01/2001 8:49:14 AM PST by John H K
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

I honestly think the threat of hijacking has been reduced to almost nil thanks to the heroes of flight 93. But, if there were an attempted hijacking, I am of the opinion that almost every able-bodied person between the ages of 15 and 70 would rise to the occasion and counterattack. Priority one would be to block entry to the cockpit.
5 posted on 12/01/2001 8:50:43 AM PST by buccaneer81

To: buccaneer81
most importantly notify authorities if someone at the gate "doesn't seem right". interpret it as uou will.
6 posted on 12/01/2001 8:52:56 AM PST by contessa machiaveli
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Knowing looks around the cabin will happen quickly if there's an attempted hijacking. "Protector" personality types aren't that hard to spot, you'll find them when you need them.
7 posted on 12/01/2001 8:54:42 AM PST by GOPJ

To: buccaneer81
bump

"Priority one would be to block entry to the cockpit."

8 posted on 12/01/2001 9:36:46 AM PST by GOPJ
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

I've been waiting for someone to raise the point that the passengers on Flight 93 did some VERY unacceptable things. They failed to obey the instructions of the flight crew (the fact that their throats had been slit by then was irrelevent), they shamelessly disobeyed FAA and airline policy by using cellphones in flight, and even (ulp) "took the law into their own hands." Didn't they realize that we all have an obligation to shut up, do what we're told, and leave matters in the hands of legally-recognized professionals? ;)
9 posted on 12/01/2001 10:09:27 AM PST by rdww

To: rdww
Why haven't the passengers of flight 93 gotten the medal of freedom. They were truly heros.(read this weeks Newsweek account of the flight)
10 posted on 12/01/2001 10:29:40 AM PST by brooklin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: contessa machiaveli
You obviously have more faith in "the authorities" than I do.
11 posted on 12/01/2001 11:34:09 AM PST by doberville
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson