Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Are There Any Muslim Freepers?

Posted on 09/29/2001 11:21:19 PM PDT by Keyes2000mt

I'm not a Muslim but I'm very curious to know if there are Muslim Freepers on the forum? I haven't heard of any. I know there are Christians of all stripes, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists, but I've not seen any Muslims yet.

TOPICS: Free Republic; Your Opinion/Questions
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 161-174 next last

1 posted on 09/29/2001 11:21:19 PM PDT by Keyes2000mt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Keyes2000mt
Not sure if he was a "FReeper" but he was posting quite a bit recently. I forget his handle but it meant the spider in English. I tried to locate hs handle but was unable. Sorry I could help more.
2 posted on 09/29/2001 11:56:10 PM PDT by Texas_Jarhead
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Why do you want to know?

Will it make a diff somehow?

3 posted on 09/29/2001 11:59:02 PM PDT by 2Trievers

To: Keyes2000mt,ankaboot
ankaboot
4 posted on 09/29/2001 11:59:47 PM PDT by onyx

LOL, like they'd identify themselves. Any Freepers that voted for Gore?
5 posted on 09/30/2001 12:00:30 AM PDT by Sir Gawain

To: sirgawain
Isn't A+ Bert in Hamas?
6 posted on 09/30/2001 12:03:42 AM PDT by paul544
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Comment #7 Removed by Moderator

My family is Muslim and from Iran. I was born in Canada and live in Texas now. I'm not really religious. I have a cousin that had to sneak out on a camel (I'm not kidding) across the desert to Turkey after the 1979 "revolution", and he cannot stand anything to do with Islam. If you notice, all the economies of countries that have an Islamic takeover of the government go way down.

I did want to make a few comments about my own observations of people from the Middle East. I notice that the only way that their world view can make sense is with elaborate consiracies. A U.S. Israeli conspiracy is the most obvious, but people that have been here for 50 years think that the U.S. is intentionally keeping the Middle East down and bringing boat loads of money, literally like pirates, from there to here.

Also, I wanted to say that I feel that modern Islam in the Middle-East is Anti-American despite what Bush says. Have you heard of a major Islamic leader in the Middle-East say that Islam should not preach Anti-American hate messages, brainwashing children to aspire to martyrdom in a holy war with the U.S.? I have not. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck. Modern Islam is Anti-American. People will quote the Koran and say Islam is nonviolent, but look at the islamic leaders. Even if they disagree with Anti-American messages. They say nothing about them, giving tacit approval to the extremists. Don't get me wrong I think Islam has been hijacked just like those planes, but no one is doing anything to take the religion back.

8 posted on 09/30/2001 12:17:55 AM PDT by camrad

To: camrad
Thanks for telling the truth.
9 posted on 09/30/2001 12:21:06 AM PDT by seeker41
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

If they dare to tell the truth, they get a bullet.

Radical Wahhabist Islam thrives everywhere through pure terror, from the Phillipines to Nigeria.

10 posted on 09/30/2001 12:24:23 AM PDT by Travis McGee

Have you considered writing a nice letter to President Bush?

I think if enough like you could enlighten him, we may get somewhere.

11 posted on 09/30/2001 12:26:03 AM PDT by abner

Your question is not precise.

Do you mean Moslem background or PRACTICING Moslems.

I know many people who are from Moslem countries but who do not practice Islam.

In fact almost all of them hate religion, not just Islam, but ALL religion.

12 posted on 09/30/2001 12:27:30 AM PDT by Nogbad

no one is doing anything to take the religion back

You are right, the only Islam leaders I've seen speak out against this are the very moderate American ones.

Bless you.

13 posted on 09/30/2001 12:34:01 AM PDT by FrogMom

Your comments are very sobering. "Modern Islam is anti-American." I thought so, but now I know. Thank you.

Modern Islam's teachings explain why bin Laden is thought of as a hero, and not a fanatical monster.

What percentage of Muslims do you think adhere to the anti-American rant?

14 posted on 09/30/2001 12:34:11 AM PDT by onyx

To: Nogbad
I know many people who are from Moslem countries but who do not practice Islam. In fact almost all of them hate religion, not just Islam, but ALL religion.

Squares pretty well with the German experience. Hitler tried to hijack Christianity, then turned on them when most refused to cooperate. Then there was the 30 years war when Catholics and Protestants took turns burning each other's villages.

15 posted on 09/30/2001 12:38:44 AM PDT by Vigilanteman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: sirgawain
Actually, I think they would identify themselves. Not all Muslims are of Arab descent, but I believe Arab-Americans are more likely to vote REPUBLICAN...
16 posted on 09/30/2001 12:49:31 AM PDT by dandelion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

I know we have some Arab freepers, but Arab does not neccessary = Muslim/Islamic. In fact, I assumed that around 60-70% of all American Arabs would be Muslims, but recently I discoved my sterotypes were wrong and acutally only about 30% are. A great deal of Arab Americans are Christians...which probably explains why they a very high record of voting Republican if you count them as a "minority" group. ;-)

That being said, I have an unfavorable view of Muslims in GENERAL (note I did NOT say all Muslims), and I wish we'd stop bending over backwards to ensure we "accomidate" them in "this time of crisis". Alot of Middle-eastern Muslims will not return the favor when it comes to "accomidating" minority religions in THEIR countries, so I say that we should look for them to observe the golden rule FIRST.

17 posted on 09/30/2001 12:52:54 AM PDT by BillyBoy

I notice that the only way that their world view can make sense is with elaborate cons(p)iracies.

I have noticed this as well. Much worse than even freerepublic on a slow day. They believe that we are dumping our radioactive waste in their deserts, for example. And probably only 10% will believe that the WTC was due to Arab extremists. 70% will believe it was the Jews, 20% will think it was the CIA.
18 posted on 09/30/2001 1:51:28 AM PDT by self_evident

Comment #19 Removed by Moderator

Comment #20 Removed by Moderator

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 161-174 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson