Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Beware the Second wave
Debka.com

Posted on 09/20/2001 11:57:55 AM PDT by Magician

14 September: DEBKAfile’s intelligence sources report that Islamic militants under the command of Saudi multimillionaire terrorist Osama Bin Laden, the radical Egyptian Jihadi Islami, Iraqi military intelligence and other Middle East groups, stand poised for a second wave of horrendous attacks in America. An estimated 30 to 50 suicide-killers are waiting inside the US for their orders to strike.

This time, while again aiming for the US President, the White House and Capitol Hill, they will also go for a broad spectrum of what they consider strategic targets, such as airports, oil fields and oil installations, sensitive military and intelligence facilities, warships and carriers. The last were indeed ordered out to sea shortly after the first assaults on Tuesday.

Aware that flushing out the terrorists in waiting, many of whom may be US nationals, is akin to finding a needle in a haystack, US leaders quickly resorted to a short cut. Two days ago, they turned to a number of world leaders, including Europeans, the Russian president and Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon, to request a pooling of intelligence. They were asked to share every scrap of information they had on international terror movements, in support of the US effort to eradicate the blight. Quick crosschecking between the services strongly confirmed the second wave thesis. It has kept US security services at the highest level of suspense they have ever known.

Therefore the FBI’s dragnet on the trail of the conspiracy behind he deadly airliner suicide attacks on America are moving fast, so that the country is not caught off guard again. US security authorities are concerned to strengthen the two lines of defense against terrorist attack: the first-line barrier, advance intelligence, and the second-line defense, security. Both broke down when New York’s landmark the World Trade Center, and America’s military nerve center, the Pentagon in Washington, were assaulted by suicidal terrorists last Tuesday.

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 09/20/2001 11:57:55 AM PDT by Magician
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Magician
Here we go again huh? I think they will be caught, we were complacent and took a hit, but you have to believe the Fed is on top of this. Not to mention citizens on the watch. There had best not be any guys walking around in the heat in heavy coats at the malls or on the streets this weekend, alot of people carry guns. They wouldn't be able to get "Abdu Allah Ack Bar" out of their mouths before someone pop's a cap in them.
2 posted on 09/20/2001 12:24:56 PM PDT by MissAmericanPie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Have you noticed the almost paniced calls from the teevee commentators, politician and other yacking heads to "get back to normal...please!" I would guess getting back to normal means "get yourself to the mall, go spend a couple hundred at the game, drop that $80 at the movies, eat out again, return to spend, spend, spend like there is no tomorrow."

UPS delivered a couple of packages of junk yesterday, that I had ordered before 9-11. I stared at the boxes, didn't even open them. The stuff inside that was so important two weeks ago, that I just had to buy, now just seems like trivial pursuit. I haven't opened the packages yet

Until we get some kind of all clear (whatever that may be), it is prudent to keep ones head down, think before you shop, and proceed with care. But in our debt driven, over consuming society, exercising good and proper caution in the face of a threat is a CEOs, the market's, TPTB, even the local retailers worst nightmare. I am expecting the cry to "For heavens sake, go about your lives, just like before" to become more shrill, and more frequent.

That will be next to impossible to do while most wait for the second wave, the other sandal to drop.

3 posted on 09/20/2001 12:33:38 PM PDT by better_dead_then_red

I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop......don't know where it will be

Putting Y2K stores back on my shelves, getting ready

In God We Trust.....Semper Fi

4 posted on 09/20/2001 4:29:48 PM PDT by North Coast Conservative

To: better_dead_then_red
Certainly may be wise to shop for long term supplies...
5 posted on 09/20/2001 4:33:36 PM PDT by HiTech RedNeck
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: better_dead_then_red
That will be next to impossible to do while most wait for the second wave, the other sandal to drop.

But you know that's what the terrorists WANT. That's not how Israelis live. Their attitude is "D*mned if WE will let the terrorists ruin our lives!"

6 posted on 09/20/2001 4:36:16 PM PDT by HiTech RedNeck
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson