Prayers requested during week of 8/26/01

Prayers requested during week of 8/19/01

Prayers requested during week of 8/12/01

Prayers requested during week of 8/05/01

Prayers requested during week of 7/29/01

Previous Prayer Threads

TOPICS: Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-28 next last
Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever

Father God, watch over us today. We bring all our issues to You. Whatever the case is Lord, let Your Hand be there. We are not worthy, but You love us so much that You promise to take care of us if we just trust in You. Guide and direct my paths. Let that love You give show through me to all that are around me. Forgive me of my sins and give me the strength to call upon You all day long. In Christ's Name. If it be Your Will. Amen

1 posted on 09/11/2001 4:10:47 AM PDT by billbears
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

Comment #2 Removed by Moderator

Comment #3 Removed by Moderator

To: billbears
Father God, there is great need at the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. Our nation needs Your divine intervention. You know the cowards that have struck at us and murdered so many in this fashion. Father, help us to respond to these attacks swiftly and effectively. You are not mocked...this senseless slaughter is an affront to You. Send Your mighty angels to preserve life, to guide rescuers to all still alive. Bind up their wounds, Father. Grant Your grace and peace to all directly affected by this outrageous attack. Thank You Father! In Jesus' name...Amen!
4 posted on 09/11/2001 7:11:19 AM PDT by LeeMcCoy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Heavenly Father, I implore You for wisdom and strength for our President, his cabinet, Congress, and all of our military leaders. Guard them. Do not allow any of these people to be harmed. Give these people all the tools they need to meet this crisis and do Your will. Surround them each, and their families with Your strong angels that none may be harmed or murdered by these terrorists. Show us Your will. Lead us along the paths that You want us to travel. Mobilize our citizens behind our President and make us one nation committed to seeking Your face and Your will. Thank You Father! In Jesus' name...Amen!
5 posted on 09/11/2001 7:16:40 AM PDT by LeeMcCoy

Almighty God, I beg You to foil any further plans for destruction by these terrorists. Let any further attempts to destroy fail. Forbid any more explosions. Stretch forth Your hand and halt this deadly assault. Many of these people killed I'm certain believed in You. Hear their cries for justice, Oh God! Support and care for their families...send Your Comforter to all in need as a result of these actions. Again, My God, I ask that all those still alive be supported by Your hand. Let rescuers find them quickly and heal them from every wound. Let each of these survivors know that You are the LIVING GOD, and that You stand with them. Bring our hearts to You Father through this horrible attack. Thank You Father! In Jesus' name...Amen!
6 posted on 09/11/2001 7:23:51 AM PDT by LeeMcCoy

To: GalFromTheBay, homeschool mama, Artist
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Amen

7 posted on 09/11/2001 7:41:49 AM PDT by 2Jedismom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: 2Jedismom, Lee McCoy, GalFromTheBay, Billbears et al
I pray for all those killed today, and for their families. I pray for our country, and for those touched by today's events. And I pray that our Lord gives wisdom to President Bush and our other leaders, that they make the right decisions in the wake of today's diasters. May our Lord and Saviour comfort those in need.
8 posted on 09/11/2001 8:11:13 AM PDT by 4CJ
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: JHavard, Iowegian, Steven, Soothing Dave, AlguyA, D-fendr
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Be with us Father God. Guide us with your wisdom. Give us the peace that passes all understanding.

9 posted on 09/11/2001 8:18:23 AM PDT by the808bass
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Dear Heavenly Father
We pray for the family & friends of those killed today.
We lift up President Bush and our nation's leaders and ask
by the power of the Holy spirit for wisdom, strengh, discerment.
Lord we ask you use this tragedy to turn the hearts of men toward you.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

10 posted on 09/11/2001 8:20:19 AM PDT by apackof2

Comment #11 Removed by Moderator

Comment #12 Removed by Moderator

To: GalFromTheBay, logos, squantos, the irate magistrate, Lion Den Dan, FReepers in general
At this time we need to remember prayers for our nation, the leaders of our nation, the victums of this act of war and all others involved.
13 posted on 09/11/2001 9:00:43 AM PDT by SLB
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Heavenly Father, we desperately need Your help and wisdom on this dark day. Guide and guard the President and all those advising him. Give our President the very best intelligence reports and advice. Speak to his heart and tell him what You want him to do in response to satan's miserable attack. Help us Oh God, for we have great needs this day! In Jesus' name...Amen!
14 posted on 09/11/2001 9:21:13 AM PDT by LeeMcCoy

Comment #15 Removed by Moderator

Comment #16 Removed by Moderator

To: hoi-polloi
Beautiful prayer...please post more often! God's blessings and comfort on you and your family and friends...
17 posted on 09/11/2001 2:19:13 PM PDT by LeeMcCoy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: SLB, LeeMcCoy, billbears, kayak, faith, Alamo-Girl, others (who knew about Earlene)
Many churches in our area are opening for prayer vigils tonight.

In addition to this national tragedy today, my dear friend Earlene passed away this morning. She is now with her blessed Redeemer and her sufferings are over. She has been at peace these past few days - and was today when she left this world.

How tragic for the families of those who were killed today. May God enfold them all in His strong arms and care for them - and for Earlene's loved ones - in the hours and days ahead.

18 posted on 09/11/2001 2:28:56 PM PDT by Freedom'sWorthIt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

God, Please Bless America and guide and help unite our nation in this troubled time.
Please Welcome Home those who have lost their lives today.
Please comfort those who lost their family members and friends.
Please bless and comfort those who are injured.
Please bless and protect those who are helping the injured.
19 posted on 09/11/2001 2:49:53 PM PDT by 68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub

To: hoi-polloi, 4ConservativeJustices,GalFromTheBay,LeeMcCoy,Freedom'sWorthIt,SLB,All
Psalm 61
1 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
4 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
5 For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name.
6 Thou wilt prolong the king's life: and his years as many generations.
7 He shall abide before God for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him.
8 So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.

Heavenly Father, right now I come to You thanking You for Your strength. I thank You Father for the rescuers who went into the situation knowing the danger. Father, now we hear the numbers from NY Fire Dept of at least 200 men and women who died today knowing that there are many more as yet unnumbered

Father I pray for those on the planes and those in the buildings as well. I pray for their families that You comfort them as only You can. I pray that this be a chance for us to witness of Your love and power even in this time of horror that we now face.

I pray even for our enemies as hard as that is. Father, many of them have never had the chance to hear Your Word. I pray for them. I pray for our enemies as You remind us in Matthew 5

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

As hard as it is I pray even for them. Father, hold this nation together. Bring us into a closer walk with Thee, that we may turn even this over to You, as You are our Comforter and our Healer. That You may give us all the strength in the coming days. In Christ's Holy Precious and Glorious Name. If it be Your Will, not ours that is done. Amen

20 posted on 09/11/2001 5:33:45 PM PDT by billbears
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-28 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson