Skip to comments.James Comey Denies Knowing Clinton Law Firm Helped with ‘Pee’ Dossier: ‘I Don’t Remember the Name...
Posted on 12/10/2018 8:17:39 PM PST by E. Pluribus Unum
FULL TITLE: James Comey Denies Knowing Clinton Law Firm Helped with Pee Dossier: I Dont Remember the Name Perkins Coie at All
In what could become a possible issue for James Comey, the former FBI director repeatedly stated in testimony to the House Judiciary Committee that he never knew the author of the infamous anti-Trump dossier had been retained to do his work by a U.S.-based law firm. The law firm in question, Perkins Coie, reportedly funded the controversial Fusion GPS to conduct the anti-Trump work on behalf of Hillary Clintons 2016 presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC). Those efforts resulted in the largely-discredited dossier written by former British spy Christopher Steele.
Despite saying he did not know Steele had been hired by Perkins Coie, the FISA warrant to spy on former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page signed three times by Comey stated the FBI had information that Steele had been hired by a U.S.-based law firm.
It specifically stated the FBI was approached by an identified U.S. person who indicated to Source #1 [Steele] that a U.S.-based law firm had hired the identified U.S. person to conduct research regarding Candidate #1s ties to Russia.
Comey made his remarks during testimony on Friday Here is a transcript of the relevant portions of Comeys latest testimony as it relates to Perkins Coie:
(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...
They always say this...put they are never able to point out what parts of the dossier are true
What a piece of crap little liar Comey is.
JAIL, Comey, JAIL.....right beside H. Clinton.......
This 2007 ladette always reminds me of Comey
The Obama intelligence bureaucracies spied on the Donald Trump campaign: FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) warrants were granted because of a Hillary Clinton-funded and unverified document, national-security letters were issued to allow warrantless spying, and the unprecedented but not-illegal-per-se unmasking of Trump officials conversations with non-U.S. persons was shockingly routine.
Yet the news of a CIA-connected human source operating as far back as April or May of 2016 is about more than just spying. It is the latest example in what now looks to be a long line of attempted setups by the Clinton team, many times aided and abetted by our intelligence bureaucracies. These events should anger any red blooded American who believes in representative democracy and the importance of the rule of law. Lets review eight examples.
1. CIA And FBI Human Intelligence Weve just learned about Stefan Halper, a CIA-connected Cambridge professor who working for the FBI contacted Trump advisers Carter Page, George Papadopoulos, and Sam Clovis during the 2016 election, to investigate what they might know about suspicions of collusion with Russia. Former Trump campaign aide Michael Caputo has claimed that he was approached by an unknown second U.S. intelligence community asset in early May of 2016. The FBI says that the Russia investigation began in July, because of something Papadopoulos said to an Australian diplomat in May. Papadopoulos had supposedly told the Australian diplomat something about Russia having information that could be damaging to Clinton. Papadopoulos allegedly heard this from Joseph Mifsud, a Maltese-born professor who allegedly claimed to have close ties with Russia. Special counsel Robert Muellers team charged Papadopoulos unconvincingly with lying to investigators, because Papadopoulos said his contacts with Mifsud began before he was on the Trump campaign. Actually, the contacts started after he learned he would be a foreign policy advisor for the campaign, but before the campaign made a public announcement that he was to be an advisor. Mifsud is strangely now in hiding, possibly fearing for his life. Lee Smith details Mifsuds ties to Western intelligence agencies, and Margot Cleveland suspects Mifsud may have been a U.S. intelligence plant along with Halper.
2. The Trump Tower Meeting Whenever Democrats or David French types talk about Trump and Russia collusion they look to the Trump Tower meeting as definitive proof. There are several problems with that. First, no presidential campaign in American history would pass up the chance of hearing evidence of crimes being committed by their opponent, no matter the source. In fact, some would say youre doing the country a favor if you let everyone know that your opponent is subject to blackmail from a not-so-friendly foreign power (just dont have your son and son-in-law sit in on the meeting). More problematic is that Glenn Simpson head of Fusion GPS, the firm being paid by the Clinton campaign and the DNC to prove (or create) ties between Trump and Russia met with the two Russians who attended the Trump Tower meeting both before and after the meeting. Simpsons excuse for doing so? Because he was working with the two Russians on a different issue, the repeal of the anti-Kremlin Magnitsky Act. In other words, at the very least, the firm that created the dossier for Clinton and the DNC using Russian intelligence sources was the same firm that was working with the Kremlin to repeal a law passed by Congress because Putins thugs beat an innocent man to death in Russian prison. At most, this was yet another setup.
3. Mike Flynn And The Logan Act During the 2016 campaign, Democrats howled about the need to prosecute Trump campaign officials under an obscure 1799 law called the Logan Act. Byron York has documented that this was the pretext Obama-appointed former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates used to unmask former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynns side of highly-appropriate phone conversations with the Russian ambassador that occurred during the transition period, and then send FBI agents to interview Flynn about those conversations. Although the FBI has tried to cover this up, we now know that the agents who interviewed Flynn including the disgraced and hugely anti-Trump Peter Strzok didnt believe that Flynn had lied. Nevertheless, Muellers team charged Flynn with lying to the FBI. After Muellers charge had nearly bankrupted Flynn, and after Mueller threatened to go after Flynns son, Flynn pled guilty to lying to the FBI.
4. Andrew McCabe Sets Up Reince Priebus After an intelligence briefing at the White House in early 2017, former FBI number two Andrew McCabe asked to meet privately with former White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus. A story had just dropped anonymously sourced from multiple intelligence community officials that Trump aides had multiple contacts with Russian intelligence during the election. McCabe wanted to tell Priebus that the FBI didnt think the story was true. Of course, Priebus asked McCabe if the FBI could publicly say just that. McCabe said he would have to check. But former FBI Director James Comey called Priebus to say that the FBI couldnt publicly shoot down the story. Days later, the breaking news on CNN was that the White House had tried to pressure the FBI into batting down the reports on supposed ties between Trump and Russia. So not only was the White House supposedly colluding, now there were allegations of obstruction of justice.
5. Brennan Shops Dossier To Harry Reid Former CIA Director John Brennan, who may have been the U.S. intelligence official to first push an investigation into the Trump campaign, briefed then-Sen. Harry Reid on the Clinton-funded dossier in August 2016. The briefing did two things: First, it lent some legitimacy to the dossier, and second, it got Reid to pressure the FBI to not drop the investigation. The briefing had the added bonus of allowing Reid to speak publicly about Trumps ties to Russia, as if he had just gained access to groundbreaking proof of collusion, which was of course covered by the media.
6. Comey And Clapper Give CNN A Reason To Publish The Dossier Comey, at the behest of former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, briefed Trump on one of the allegations in the dossier, but not on the main allegation in the dossier, who had funded the dossier, or how that dossier was being used by the FBI. Nevertheless, this briefing looks like one more setup, meant to allow CNN to report on the existence of the dossier as if it were highly verified and being seriously examined by U.S. intelligence community officials. Clapper then leaked information about the dossier and the briefings to CNN, and later looks to have lied about those leaks to Congress. Amazingly, Clapper has previously lied to Congress. Clapper now works for CNN.
7. The Jeff Sessions Recusal Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from the Russia investigation after anonymous intelligence community leaks about his contacts with Russians. Specifically, Sessions as a senator met with former Russian ambassador to the U.S. Sergei Kislyak in his D.C. office. In another meeting, Sessions gave a speech and a gaggle of diplomats including Kislyak talked with him for several minutes as he was coming off the stage. The idea behind the unnecessary recusal was that somehow Sessions had misrepresented these contacts to former Sen. Al Franken. Actually, Franken referring to one of many CNN stories sourced by anonymous officials about supposed Trump and Russia collusion had clearly asked about whether Sessions had colluded with any Russians during the campaign, not whether Sessions had ever met any Russians.
8. Rosenstein Recommends Comey Firing, Appoints Special Counsel But with Jeff Sessions out of the way, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein became the acting attorney general for all things Russia-investigation-related. Rosenstein then recommended Comeys firing, and then overseeing the investigation that stemmed from that firing appointed Robert Mueller as special counsel. Mueller, a former FBI Director, happened to be a close associate of Comey and Rosenstein, and would surely want to protect the interests of the FBI and the Justice Department. Taken together, these setups indicate a massive effort to aid the Clinton campaign before the election.
---snip---more at thefederalist.com ...
85% of NSA searches by Obama Were Illegal
Freedom Outpost ^ | 01-24-2018 | Tim Brown / FR Posted 1/24/2018 by ReformedMedia
In trudging through the FISA document that came to light on Tuesday, it was discovered that the National Security Agency had been illegally conducting searches on people in the US. The document has gone on to state that those illegal searches, which were conducted under Barack Hussein Obama Soetoro Sobarkah, mounted to a whopping 85% of the total searches involving US person identifiers.
Section 702 data on US persons identifiers may be conducted if they are first approved in accordance with [internal] NSA procedures, which must require a statement of facts establishing that the use of any such identifier as a selection term is reasonably likely to return foreign intelligence information. The problem is that querying US persons without a warrant amounts to a clear violation of the Fourth Amendment, no matter what internal NSA procedures are followed.
The Fourth Amendment is crystal clear: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
On page 81, the FISA report pointed out that In May and June 2016, NSA reported to oversight personnel in the ODNI and DOJ that, since approximately 2012, use of [redacted] to query communications in [redacted] had resulted in inadvertent violations of the above-described querying rules of Section 702 information.
The NSA claims that the violations resulted from analysts not recognizing the need to avoid querying datasets for which querying requirements were not satisfied or not understanding how to formulate [redacted] queries to exclude such datasets. more at freedomoutpost.com ...
Report: John Brennan Worked Pee Dossier into Obamas Daily Briefing, Called Steele Credible Source
Breitbart ^ | 16 May 2018 | Joshua Caplan
Posted on 5/16/2018, 1:27:54 PM by mandaladon
A new report alleges that former CIA Director John Brennan included claims from the dubious Steele dossier into President Barack Obamas Presidential Daily Brief without disclosing the source of the allegations. Brennan put some of the dossier material into the PDB [presidential daily briefing] for Obama and described it as coming from a credible source, which is how they viewed Steele, a source close to the House probe told Real Clear Investigations reporter Paul Sperry.
But they never corroborated his sources, the source added.
The allegations began to reach the PDB after Obama ordered Brennan to produce a report on Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election, just one month after President Donald Trump won the White House. In January, both Obama and Trump were briefed on the Intelligence Communitys findings.
Brennans actions appear to contradict former DNI chief James Clapper and fired FBI Director James Comeys claims that details of the dossier were unclassified, despite being a part of the highly classified PDB.
In February, Brennan was ensnared in the House Intelligence Committee Republicans investigation into the origins of the Steele dossier. The former spy chief was asked to complete a questionnaire concerning his possible role in the sourcing and dissemination of allegations detailed in the unverified dossier.
Brennan testified to Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) in May 2017 that he had no awareness that Steele existed.
(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...
ITEM----Intrepid investigator Mueller "uncovered" that the Russian scheme seems to have materialized at some point in 2014.
Here's the $64,000 question Mueller's indictment does not address-------
Why didn't the CIA or the NSA or the FBI pick this up?
Were Obama's PDB's falsified?
Dates are important b/c Snowden's' revelations indicate Obama's government spying apparatus began capturing all electronic data on everyone in the U.S. in 2001.
They succeeded in mastering the capture of all keystrokes, telephone calls and digital traffic by 2005.
This we know
<><>(A) that NSA traffic travels through FBI computers, and,
<><> (B) that the CIA keeps constant tabs on Russian spies in Russia....... and elsewhere.
so how do we find out if we were the subject of an illegal search? anyone have any ideas ? FOIA?
Doing searches leaves a handy paper trail.
Comey has to be the most incompetent FBI in history. Totally out of touch with everyone.
Comey’s follow-up best seller book title: “I Don’t Know”
Or has that one already been used, Mrs Clinton?
he was reportedly competent enuf to murder a classmate
in high school with this brother
with THAT over his head, no wonder the Clintons
and their FBI took him “in”.
What are you referring to?
That’s a man who believes there is no limit to the amount of lies under oath that can issue forth from his lips that will result in real-world consequences.
Comey is a hero for following his boss' lead that Trump will never be President.
Comey is a hero for not vetting the discredited Pee Pee Dossier.
Comey is a hero for not giving Perkins-Coie even a glancing look as far as their involvement in bypassing campaign finance rules and scheming the phony dossier under the false premise of "oppo research".
Comey is a hero for helping to craft a FISA warrant to unlawfully spy on Trump's campaign.
Comey is a hero for unlawfully leaking FBI documents to the media via his former-friend-turned-current-attorney triggering his friend Mueller being appointed Special Persecutor/Inquisitor.
It is becoming more evident that Comey, Lynch, and Brennan had personal involvement in setting up the meeting at Trump Tower with the Russian attorney.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.