Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Weiner Shows Gains on Heels of Candidacy Announcement (within margin of error 24-19%: Marist Poll)
Marist Poll ^ | Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Posted on 05/28/2013 1:07:49 PM PDT by drewh

In the first poll since his announcement, Weiner places second with the support of 19% of the city’s registered Democrats. New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn still leads but with only 24% of Democrats’ support, the lowest she has had in this race.

Among registered Democrats in New York City, including those who are undecided yet leaning toward a candidate, if the Democratic primary were held today, here is how the contest would stand: 24% Christine Quinn 19% Anthony Weiner 12% Bill de Blasio 11% Bill Thompson 8% John Liu 1% Sal Albanese <1% Erick Salgado 1% Other 23% Undecided Click Here for Complete May 28, 2013 NYC Marist Poll Release and Tables

“The Democratic primary for mayor remains wide open,” says Dr. Lee M. Miringoff, Director of The Marist College Institute for Public Opinion. “It is likely to come down to who can punch their ticket for the runoff.”

Majority Willing to Give Weiner a Second Chance How do registered voters in New York City react to Anthony Weiner’s candidacy when considering the sexting scandal that resulted in his resignation from Congress? A majority of voters — 53% — say he deserves a second chance. 39% believe Weiner does not have the character to be mayor, and 8% are unsure.

Among Democrats, 59% think he deserves a second chance. 58% of non-enrolled voters feel the same. However, six in ten Republicans — 61% — believe he does not have the character to be mayor. But registered Democrats divide when asked about their impressions of Weiner.

44% of Democrats view him favorably, while 44% do not. 12% are unsure. In April, 45% of the city’s Democrats had a favorable view of Weiner, and 41% had a negative view of him. 15% were unsure at the time.

(Excerpt) Read more at maristpoll.marist.edu ...


TOPICS: News/Current Events; Politics/Elections; US: New York
KEYWORDS: newyork; newyorkcity; weiner
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-49 next last

1 posted on 05/28/2013 1:07:49 PM PDT by drewh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: drewh

Weiner’s polls are rising again?????


2 posted on 05/28/2013 1:08:48 PM PDT by Trapped Behind Enemy Lines
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Trapped Behind Enemy Lines

3 posted on 05/28/2013 1:09:53 PM PDT by drewh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Trapped Behind Enemy Lines

LOL. His polls are inflated.


4 posted on 05/28/2013 1:10:35 PM PDT by demshateGod (The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: demshateGod

5 posted on 05/28/2013 1:13:51 PM PDT by drewh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: drewh

Boy this article is really pumping the Weiner.


6 posted on 05/28/2013 1:14:50 PM PDT by Zuben Elgenubi
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: drewh

NYC deserves him, if they elect him.


7 posted on 05/28/2013 1:16:34 PM PDT by Redleg Duke ("Madison, Wisconsin is 30 square miles surrounded by reality.", L. S. Dryfus)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: drewh

8 posted on 05/28/2013 1:16:49 PM PDT by Jack Hydrazine (I’m not a Republican, I'm a Conservative! Pubbies haven't been conservative since before T.R.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: drewh

Uh huh... yep... right!

LLS


9 posted on 05/28/2013 1:17:04 PM PDT by LibLieSlayer (FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: drewh

Just keep trotting out the press conferences were he VEHEMENTLY denied it, and blamed others.

I don’t know whether or not to root for him in the primaries


10 posted on 05/28/2013 1:17:29 PM PDT by Mr. K (There are lies, damned lies, statistics, and democrat talking points.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: drewh

There is no reason to think that Weiner-man cannot get elected in NY State.

After all, voters reelected Barack Obama, the worst president in American history.

In Massachussets they elected Lie-A-Watha Fauxcahontas to the US Senate.

Connecticut voters elected Richard Blumenthal to the US Senate, knowing that he lied about serving in Vietnam (he never did)

NY State voters elected known liar and carpetbagger Hillary Clinto to the US Senate twice.


11 posted on 05/28/2013 1:19:09 PM PDT by Iron Munro (Obama-Ville - Land of The Freebies, Home of the Enslaved)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: drewh
If all he showed were gains a couple years ago, we'd not be having these atrocious pun threads. :-)
12 posted on 05/28/2013 1:25:16 PM PDT by llevrok (I am the "Face Of The Wild, Nasty Hard-Right Fringe")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: drewh

The boy must be pumped up!!


13 posted on 05/28/2013 1:26:44 PM PDT by SoldierDad (Proud dad of an Army Soldier who has survived 24 months of Combat deployment.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: llevrok

This should be a national republican ad.

Do you want a sexual deviant reprints no moral compass representing you? This is who the Democrats support for elected office.


14 posted on 05/28/2013 1:28:15 PM PDT by EQAndyBuzz (The reason we own guns is to protect ourselves from those wanting to take our guns from us.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: drewh

*must*abstain*from*weiner*jokes*
(this is harder than I thought!)

OOOPS!


15 posted on 05/28/2013 1:31:07 PM PDT by austinaero
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: drewh

If you vote for Weiner, you have to be nuts.


16 posted on 05/28/2013 1:31:32 PM PDT by fhayek
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: drewh

Headline writers are going to have a field day treating this idiot's candidacy like a horse race ...

The possibilities are endless!
17 posted on 05/28/2013 1:33:12 PM PDT by Zakeet (If idiots could fly, Washington would be an airport)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: fhayek

Th same people who voted for Bloomie could hold forth a Weiner.


18 posted on 05/28/2013 1:37:20 PM PDT by JimSEA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: drewh
NYC & Tony Weiner. It's a perfect fit. Anthony Weiner photo: Weinergate Hits Obamacare 610x.jpg "She would of been a good woman," The Misfit said, "if it had been somebody there to shoot her every minute of her life." `A Hard Man Is Good To Find'. (apologies to Flannery O'Connor)
19 posted on 05/28/2013 1:37:41 PM PDT by tumblindice (America's founding fathers: All armed conservatives.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: drewh

Hard times ahead for Weiner.


20 posted on 05/28/2013 1:40:48 PM PDT by Toespi
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]


Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-49 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson