Because it's the main source of energy for our cells?You don't read too good do you? Glucose is the main source of energy for our cells, not sucrose (which contains 50% fructose and needs to be detox'ed by our livers)
Or because you don't understand biology and chemistry?Not only you don't read, you don't understand either subject
A loose term applied to monosaccharides and lower oligosaccharides.
So fruit and honey are toxic? Sure. You do realize, don't you, that just about anything can be toxic in the right quantities? People die from drinking too much water.
Fructose utilizes a different pathway than glucose when metabolized. Even so, your liver easily converts fructose to glucose. You need to stop listening to Lustig.
About "sucrose" and toxicity... many things are toxic to an extent and the liver is the chemical plant that processes chemicals into forms usable by our system. Sucrose occurs in many plants, we've been eating those plants for a very long time.
Obviously too much of anything is bad and many things can indeed lead to damage to our systems - I am fairly certain that I can make a solution from common plants/foods that will do great, acute harm to your system in a short amount of time. That doesn't mean that the components are bad, it is about dosage.
As my Toxicology professor was fond of saying; "Food is Drugs" and drugs are about dosage.