Must see TV?
1. The Atty. Gen. has an absolute right, indeed the responsibility to oversee and intervene in the day-to-day operation of his trial lawyers.
2. The trial lawyers had deceived the Atty. Gen. by telling him that they would seek a sentence less than nine years.
3. The trial lawyers in recommending a nine year sentence have breached standard norms considering the degree of the crime, the lack of criminal record of the defendant, the lack of harm to society, the relative disparity and severity of sentence running to other political figures on the Democrat side.
4. The President of the United States has the absolute right, indeed the responsibility, to direct the office of the Atty. Gen. in the conduct of pursuing the nation's justice.
5. The only evidence before us is that the Atty. Gen. acted to modify the sentence recommendation before the president tweeted.
6. The only evidence before us is that the president has never intervened with the Atty. Gen. respecting a criminal case.
Nevertheless the Atty. Gen. is correct, the president made an unforced error with this tweet. Just as the president made an unforced error with the phone call leading to his impeachment. In each instance he was innocent and constitutionally authorized but ill advised. The Atty. Gen.'s job has been made more difficult, the Democrats were given the appearance of improper action, the administration was placed on the defensive.
I acknowledge that no matter what the president does he and his administration will be attacked, notwithstanding there is no need to tee up the ball for them.
I think its funny. Trump undergoes Impeachment ordeal for months when Barr could have slammed the brakes on that and didnt. Now the Rats want to Impeach Barr. Trump should publicly announce that he cant interfere with Barrs Impeachment. Let HIM spin for a few months.
It's called "getting out of town while you're still able", Jamie, not defection.
These are really vindictive people. Holder was on of the most unethical and biased AGs we’ve ever had, and JFK had his brother as AG.
Another boomerang, they never learn.
Fear not....AG, Bill Barr....The Democrat Party is slowly destroying itself from within. Case Closed!!!
We need to clean House (the House of Representatives) and return it back to Republican control to stop all this insane crap in Trump’s second term so some important things can be accomplished that have NOT been done in this past session due to rabid TDS infecting the ‘Rats.
I couldn’t care less. Barr is 100% Deep State and none of the coup plotters will ever face justice. There is no “justice” in the United States.
Look out! Nancy is about to get all "prayerful" on us!
Love him or hate him, Roger Stone was railroaded, because he is regarded as a surrogate for Trump himself, and if you can hit at the sides of Trump, maybe you can score the big coup as a bonus.
This is a deadly game being played out in the Swamp, and they have been snatching at the pawns, hoping to isolate and trap the king. First, they must isolate and remove AG Barr and the other defenses Trump has thrown up.
Trump is challenging the wily chess masters that have dominated the Swamp for decades. And as President, Trump has scored some serious points against the Swamp - they are beginning to hurt a little.
Goading the ruling premier chess master into perhaps foolish and possible fatal error.
I love it when a plan starts to come together.
Dont tug on Supermans cape ... dont spit into the wind.
And now, looks like the jury was tainted...unbelievably tainted by the foreman.....aka foreperson in this as****** world....who actually ran for public office as a Dem and posted several anti-Trump statements.
LOL... once again the democrats are going to open a can of whoopass upon themselves. They are really going to push the “weaponizing/politicizing the Justice Dept” narrative...really? Im sure Barr is licking his chops.
Democrats attack to focus attention away from their crimes.
The media is right there to carry the flag
AP = Always Propaganda
Still more ComDem Insanity!
House Democrats frustrated over the Senates acquittal.
How sweet it is music to the ears.