Skip to comments.President Trump Announces 'Fake News' Award Winners
Posted on 01/17/2018 6:11:39 PM PST by Kaslin
President Trump announced the big winners of his highly anticipated Fake News Awards Wednesday. The New York Times topped the list with Paul Krugmans claim that the economy would never recover from Trumps victory. The GOP website post listing the awards crashed moments after President Trump tweeted the link likely due to the high volume of traffic.
And the FAKE NEWS winners are...https://t.co/59G6x2f7fD Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 18, 2018
ABC, CNN, Time, and the Washington Post all won big awards.
The list of eleven fake news reports include that time CNN edited a video to make it look as though President Trump was overfeeding Koi fish with the Japanese Prime Minister and the time ABCs Brian Ross sent the markets spiraling with his false Russia report.
Here is the full list from an archive of the website:
- The New York Times Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trumps historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover.
- ABC News' Brian Ross CHOKES and sends markets in a downward spiral with false report.
- CNN FALSELY reported that candidate Donald Trump and his son Donald J. Trump, Jr. had access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks.
- TIME FALSELY reported that President Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office.
- Washington Post FALSELY reported the Presidents massive sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was empty. Dishonest reporter showed picture of empty arena HOURS before crowd started pouring in.
- CNN FALSELY edited a video to make it appear President Trump defiantly overfed fish during a visit with the Japanese prime minister. Japanese prime minister actually led the way with the feeding.
- CNN FALSELY reported about Anthony Scaramuccis meeting with a Russian, but retracted it due to a significant breakdown in process.
- Newsweek FALSELY reported that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake President Trumps hand.
- CNN FALSELY reported that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trumps claim that he was told he is not under investigation.
- The New York Times FALSELY claimed on the front page that the Trump administration had hidden a climate report.
- And last, but not least: "RUSSIA COLLUSION!" Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSION!
The post went on to tout some of the Trump administration's major successes:
While the media spent 90% of the time focused on negative coverage or fake news, the President has been getting results:
1. The economy has created nearly 2 million jobs and gained over $8 trillion in wealth since the Presidents inauguration.
2. African Americans and Hispanics are enjoying the lowest unemployment rate in recorded history.
3. The President signed historic tax cuts and relief for hardworking Americans not seen since President Reagan.
4. President Trumps plan to cut regulations has exceeded 2 out for every 1 in mandate, issuing 22 deregulatory actions for every one new regulatory action.
5. The President has unleashed an American energy boom by ending Obama-era regulations, approving the Keystone pipeline, auctioning off millions of new acres for energy exploration, and opening up ANWR.
6. ISIS is in retreat, having been crushed in Iraq and Syria.
7. President Trump followed through on his promise to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel and instructed the State Department to begin to relocate the Embassy.
8. With President Trumps encouragement, more member nations are paying their fair share for the common defense in the NATO alliance.
9. Signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the VA to fire failing employees and establishes safeguards to protect whistleblowers.
10. President Trump kept his promise and appointed Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court.
President Trumps 2017 Fake News Awards!: The site below will take about a minute to appear due to high demand.
No mention of PMSNBC. Guess he didn’t want to give them any press.
I’m a little disappointed. The list was fine, but I was looking forward to a show, of sorts. Just something I could cheer for. After it was postponed and all... a montage maybe.
Russia Collusion has to take a back seat to the Kenyanesian Usurpation as the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.
I got the feeling something came up and whatever was planned originally was changed to the list that we got.
Wonder what happened?
Certainly no surprises.
They are doing their damnedest to make it happen. Tonight it's sports on my favorite station, so I turned the dial, finally switched to FM and came across a couple female reporters, presume it was NPR, somberly explaining about Nixon's impeachment and that there was no executive privilege or whatever else and that they would be required to testify. Must be Bannon, Trump, Jr., and Kushner they are going after and then somehow implicate the president himself.
For years they've been selectively editing reporting to fit their narrative. I remember a CNN video of Jake Tapper interviewing Hillary. He asked her something about the email I think it was. She let go with a long laugh that was totally inappropriate. Jake seemed a little taken aback by the performance but kept his cool. When I looked up the video at CNN to replay it, the laughing hyena was edited out.
Also Trayvon Martin, how they cut and pasted Zimmerman's 911 call to make it sound like he was a racist, the earlier more innocent looking photo of Trayvon, etc., etc.
Jake doesn't bother to hide his disgust over something recent, that's for sure. I used to respect him when he was on ABC at times.
Lots of friendly media picking up and posting the list. Certainly is getting lots of coverage. Hahaha
I wish they had a “newsman for a day” contest and anyone who wanted to have their hand at it, could show up these losers! I would love to have a talk radio show and engage in all topics!
And its only the beginning.
This is better than the Academy Awards.
perfect. maximum media coverage.
prepare for all the fact-checking...
[After it was postponed and all... a montage maybe.]
Don’t worry, thousands are producing it right now. :)
Not giving mention to MSNBC is the ultimate putdown by PRESIDENT TRUMP.
It’s not just a list; it seems the various sites got overloaded.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.