Skip to comments.Fox News suspends Andrew Napolitano over British spying claim
Posted on 03/20/2017 5:48:02 PM PDT by HokieMom
Fox News has indefinitely removed contributor Andrew Napolitano from its programming, following an unsubstantiated claim he made on air last week and that was refuted by U.S. intelligence officials, according to a report.
The Los Angeles Times reported Monday that Napolitano has not made any appearances on Fox since last Thursday.
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...
Washington ExaminerVerified account @dcexaminer 4m4 minutes ago
JUST IN: Fox News suspends Andrew Napolitano over British spying claim: Report http://washex.am/2nYbt3v
He can hook up with Paul Joseph Watson, once he goes independent.
He was too good for a Big Network, anyway.
In 5 years there will be ZERO huge networks; they’ll be GONE or shells of their former selves.
Shep just had an organism.
What if he is correct, would not matter would it?
Knew it was coming. Damn.
Perhaps he is special prosecutor material?
He’s one of my favorites. I hope all’s resolved soon and he’s back in the saddle.
In BIG TROUBLE with the Buggy Whip makers..!
That is going to cost them some viewers, but Shep Smith’s mascara allowance won’t have to be doubled now.
FOX is becoming unwatchable.
Okay there’s some serious b******* going on there covering things up now. The Press reported the wiretapping the Press reported device of a fisa warrant okay.
Well, if I had any doubt that the Brits were in this up to their bloody eyeballs, I don’t anymore....
They suspend Napolitano, but they continue to let the lying homo Smith continue in his position. And they repeatedly let Bob Beckel abuse his position, then invite him back.
Another of my reasons for watching Fox vanished. It is getting totally unwatchable!!! Fewer than a half dozen decent programs on both Fox News and Business.
The head of Britain’s electronic surveillance agency GCHQ has resigned!
23 January 2017*
Robert Hannigan, who has held the post of GCHQ director since 2014, said he was stepping down for family reasons.
He said he was proud of his work but that 20 years in public service roles had “demanded a great deal of my ever patient and understanding family”.
Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said Mr Hannigan had “led the renewal” of national security capabilities to fight terrorism during his time at GCHQ.
Mr Hannigan was director general of defence and intelligence at the Foreign Office before taking over the leadership of GCHQ in 2014.
In a letter to the foreign secretary, he said he was proud of the work he had done and “how many lives have been saved in this country and overseas by the work of GCHQ” but added “now is the right time for a change in direction”.
Mr Hannigan said it was “right” that a new director be in place ready for GCHQ’s 100th anniversary in 2019, but he would stay in the post until a replacement was appointed.
Sources have told BBC security correspondent Gordon Corera that the resignation was not the result of any concerns over policy in the UK or in the US.
Mr Johnson thanked him for his service, saying he had “set the groundwork for a major transformation of our cyber defences” during his tenure.
There will now be an internal competition within government to identify candidates for the job. Recommendations will then be sent to Mr Johnson and Prime Minister Theresa May for a final decision.
Mr Hannigan was born in Gloucestershire and is a married father-of-two.
Shouldn’t this have been posted in Breaking News?!!
Get a load of this.....PING!
Ah, geez. I thought I’d read something about who his source was....like maybe the Brit who was involved in fake Trump dossier ???....but, can’t find the article, now :(
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.