More: Armed police and security staff on guard over fears of a run on deposits
- Banks will be open for six hours today from 10am GMT (noon local time)
- Maximum cash withdrawal limit has been set at 300 euros (£250) per day
- Travellers leaving country can only take equivalent of 1,000 euros (£850)
- Curbs will be in place for at least seven calendar days and reviewed daily
- OAP: 'I feel sense of fear and disappointment having to queue like this'
- Cypriot President slashes his own salary by 25% in show of solidarity
- The stock market will remain closed today 'in order to protect investors'
- Banks shut since March 16 as politicians struggled to secure EU bailout
posted on 03/28/2013 12:41:58 PM PDT
by Jean S
To: Jean S
And I read that tomorrow is a normal holiday and the banks will be closed again. In any case withdrawals are severely capped or else they would be already out of cash.
posted on 03/28/2013 12:50:02 PM PDT
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson