Your thoughts are generous indeed, and you’re right that we should be spending money at conservative, Christian-owned companies. But even if you bought a refrigerator there and everyone else on FR did too, and we went back and bought another refrigerator every day, that would not keep Hobby Lobby in business. There’s no way they’d have enough extra money to keep paying $1.3M a day in fines.
As far as I can see, they have a few alternatives:
1. They can cut all their employees back to 29.9 hours per week so they’re excluded from the need to pay for health insurance that meets the standards of the mandate. They would have to hire a lot of additional people to take up the slack, and would be harming many of their full-time employees.
2. They could make all their employees contractors, for whom they have no responsibility to provide health insurance. I’m told this is not legal in a retail environment.
3. They could try to comply by giving their employees vouchers to go out and get their own insurance.
4. They could ignore the fines and let the government sue them, which could take awhile.
5. They could declare bankruptcy and wait to be bought by some company that doesn’t have their moral values.
6. They could just close their doors and put 21000 employees and tens or hundreds of thousands of dependent suppliers out of work.
If there’s another way of avoiding this while remaining in business, I haven’t thought of it, but I’m sure the Green family would be open to suggestions.
If theres another way of avoiding this while remaining in business, I havent thought of it, but Im sure the Green family would be open to suggestions.
Thye could defy defy defy till the bitter end....
Imagine the news covering the perp walks of a bunch of innocent people.....
Would public opinion stay with obama...
He could make each store it’s own separate corporation with 49 employees each and then have them all join a buying association that he runs.
Hobby Lobby might opt to give all of their employees vouchers for their choice of coverage with a healthcare expense sharing plan such as Medi-Share, or Samaritan Ministries. There’s another one out there, too, that I don’t have the name of, at the moment.
More info on such organizations here: