Most of the military will be sidelined, “kept in the barracks,” so to speak. The confiscaion will be attempted using the army of federal, state, and local SWATs, of which there are far more than most people imagine, and by TSA, Forest Service, DOE DEA, AFT, and SIEU etc. etc. Billions of bullets to the “civilian” agencies this past year, remember?
I could only imagine what would now occur if the feds tried anything around these parts. Most the locals and Indians hunt with old military guns, M1's, SKS's, Ar's, and Aks. All the open river for the park service to patrol and all that forested woods along the bank; could become a problem; maybe they should agent orange the bank for 100 yards on both sides.
We live in a conservative state, with conservative government that already puts word out to state police not to enforce fed law that goes against the constitution. I do believe that if the feds tried such lunacy, it would end with the non compliance of the populace, rejection by the state government, and could mushroom into civil disorder the likes the left can't imagine; maybe that's what they want but the end result would hurt Big "O" more than would help him. They need the populace to abide by the law voluntarily or the country will fall into turmoil and their future plans will be short tracked. When the law is seen as unconstitutional by the populace, they won't support or abide by that law; it's always been that way. Gun control has always hurt the dems at the ballot box.
I'm too far along in my life to give up my constitutional rights to anybody and I know most everybody around here feel the same, they won't become slaves. I have a friend that is now dying of cancer, I'd rather go out for an important concept if need be and for that reason, I don't live in fear of all the fed agencies that you mentioned. Just my makeup I guess and there's millions more just like me all over America.
Good thing these agencies placed their HUGE orders for ammo right before an event which would cause HUGE PUBLIC DEMAND FOR AMMO!!
TSA will be in charge of all transportation if SHTF. Think checkpoints and “Where's your papers/travel orders?” If you have been in an airport lately you will see the demographic of the TSA crowd.
I could be very wrong on this matter, but I don't look for a near repeat of the Waco Siege of FEB-APR 1993 by the ATF, FBI, and Texas National Guard. Of course, all that ammo Uncle Sugar bought in 2012 makes me very suspicious.
How did the Aussies, Brits, and Canucks oversee their firearm surrenders during the mid-1990s?
More than likely it will be decreed by the federal government that any/all privately-owned firearms must be surrendered by a declared date. After that, the federal government would identify gun owners by
1. referring to the 1934 National Firearm Act (NFA) registry to find those who legally own machine guns.
2. referring to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) to identify those who legally purchased any firearm.
3. using the U.S. Postal Service to identify NRA members by the mailing labels on their monthly magazines.
4. encouraging journalists to search the public data bases for concealed-carry pistol permit holders and divulging them for the public good (like those a__-holes from The News Journal up in Westchester County, NY, did in DEC 2012 after the Newtown Massacre).
5. mandating physicians to divulge the medical records of patients who voluntarily listed on their personal data forms that they have a firearm(s) in the house.
6. utilize the Patriot Act and Executive Orders decreed by BHO to control/search/shut down the internet to identify firearm owners just like they hunt Islamic terrorists.
7. implement a program where-by citizens can report their known gun-owner neighbors.
Simultaneously the federals will
1. revoke all federal firearm licenses (FFL) to lawfully terminate firearm and ammunition transactions.
2. close all public shooting ranges on federal properties and terminate the right to hunt on all federal properties.
Immediate federal enforcement methods which would be applied to those identified firearm owners who have not complied with the turn-in date would include methods currently in use by the IRS when it pursues delinquent tax-payers
1. freezing of bank accounts
2. seizing any employer health insurance benefits
3. suspension of ObamaCare access
4. denial of access to your 401-k/ IRA assets
5. suspension of Social Security benefits
Subsequent federal enforcement pressure will be applied to the states by threatening state governments (and in particular county sheriff departments) with suspension of federal subsidies, e.g. Medicaid, road maintenance funds, etc. There are 30 Republican governors entering 2013. It remains to be seen how many, if any, would stand up against BHO should he get his gun ban.
Methods by the federals to further identify firearm owners would include
1. mandating that state licensing authorities, e.g., county sheriffs department, submit their concealed-carry pistol permit registries to the federal government.
2. mandating state licensing authorities, e.g., agricultural department, submit their hunting license registries to the federal government.
Methods by the federals to force non-compliers would include
1. lien on your properties, e.g., home, automobile, etc.
2. suspension of credit cards
3. suspension of drivers license
4. suspension of any work license, e.g., contractors, doctors, etc.
What else? It appears to me Uncle Sugar can put the financial squeeze on a majority of citizens to force them to surrender their firearms without sending federal brownshirts door-to-door.