To: George from New England
Its easy to separate boroughs, and skew numbers to serve a libs purposes.
I don't have the 2012 charts yet, but I don't think the crime rate by borough will differ by much in 2012 ( except the homicide rates ):
You can peruse the full document below—don't be scared! It has got lots of graphics!—but here are some of the facts that jumped out at us:
- Brooklyn may be the hippest, but with 38 percent of the murders in town, it is the not the safest of boroughs
- 9 a.m. and 6 a.m. seem to be the safest hours of day for not getting murdered. Between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.? Not so much.
- Revenge isn't just a TV show on ABC, its also the top reason (well, "Dispute/Revenge") for murder in town at 38 percent.
- It is still pretty dangerous to be black in New York City. Despite making up just 23 percent of the total population, 62 percent of murder victims last year were black (four percent were Asian, 8 percent were white).
- 74 percent of murder victims last year had prior arrests and one fifth of them were on probation, parole or had a warrant for their arrest.
- The average age for a murder victim in 2011? 33 years. The median age was 29.
- At the same time, five percent of murder victims were between 0-15 years old, and 58 percent of those victims were under three years of age. Sigh!
- Ladies aren't big killers, it seems. Just nine percent of the murder suspects in 2011 were women. And nearly 65 percent of those women appeared to have killed durring domestic disputes.
And now know! We've put the full report for you below—any stats in there stand out to you?
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO ACCESS FULL REPORT.
Surprise! The areas on the map which are most densely dotted coincide with the areas which are heavily black.
posted on 12/29/2012 9:09:42 PM PST
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson