Gun ownership can be limited to qualified individuals.
1. Age requirement. That is a no-brainer. Concealed carry especially should have a minimum age, perhaps 25 (the age at which the male brain is mostly mature).
This does not prevent a teenager from hunting with a parent or other responsible adult.
2. Qualification. A safety course, and a practical course, somewhat similar to that required for police. No problem for most serious gun enthusiasts.
3. No permits for felons. By far the most reliable way of predicting behavior is by past record.
4. No permits for foreigners, except those from countries who will permit our own citizens. This means only, essentially, Canada. Not México.
5. No serious mental disease. Schizophrenia should be an absolute disqualification: it is dangerous, and incurable. Although it is treatable, patients frequently skip their medications.
6. Permitting should be done by the states. This is a 10th Amendment thing.
7. Guns must be under the control of the permittee at all times. That means a kid should not have free access to his parents guns, as in the CT case, or Columbine.
No serious mental disease. Schizophrenia should be an absolute disqualification: it is dangerous, and incurable. Although it is treatable, patients frequently skip their medications......UMMMM... I disagree. Psychiatrists, psychologists, etc., etc. are WELL known to use their political leanings to erase anyone who disagrees with them. When I came back from VN, with eight other guys we were taken straight off the plane and put in Andrews AFB psyche unit. We had all put in three tours, so we must be nuts, Right? We talked to a Jewish Dr., sloppy, not military, proudly anti-war, and took our weapons (and any hope of ever going back or getting our weapons back) off us and said he didn’t care about our future in the service. I got out and the other guys were RIFD’ed because they were unstable. The psyche area is NOT scientific nor should it be considered reliable or specific.
What other God given rights would you deny forever, convicted non violent felons who have served their time?
I just scanned your list, none of the one’s I saw are constitutional, too many to go into. Just take the first one you listed and think about it a little and then go out and find a 20 year old vet and thank him/her for defending your freedom.
It appears that you may not like gun grabbers as long as you get to make the rules for others and define “gun grabbers” on your own terms.
Meant to type unconstitutional.