8. But he CAN order that all government agencies under his control, including the ATF, act as though it were the law of the land.
10. Adopting it and enforcing it are to different issues. ...
15. A government that would try to implement this treaty in America would prove beyond all doubt that they mean to invoke an insurrection, with the intent to establish a dictatorship after squashing it.
16. But that would mean he would have to ignore the rule of law and our founding documents
17. ... Ever since the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties went into force, a signature is enough grounds for the government to begin to enforce it. Even though the Senate rejected it, it has been treated by the government as "customary international law." ...
Most of us seem to be on the same page and see that a 2/3rd Senate ratification barrier will not be an impediment for BHO. He has shown his disdain for the Constitution and conservatives. His AG, Eric Holder, sure hasn't let a House resolution of contempt because of "Fast & Furious" slow him down. Didn't Clinton sign the Kyoto Accord? Other Freepers have pointed out that once the chief executive (POTUS) signs off on the UN bill, the bill remains in stasis just waiting for that future time when there is a 2/3 Senate majority. Aren't those U.S. gun stores along the Mexican border still under a DoJ restriction of 1 firearm sale per person per day?
It's not 2/3 of the Senate; it's 2/3 of SENATORS PRESENT, IOW as few as 34.
Other Freepers have pointed out that once the chief executive (POTUS) signs off on the UN bill, the bill remains in stasis just waiting for that future time when there is a 2/3 Senate majority.
Not true. Read the linked article above.