There is one Democrat (maybe ex-Democrat now?) who has the decency to be ashamed for his country after this outrage. Obama did not have one press conference for months and they didn’t raise any issue about it. There is a legal process whereas if you do not exercise your legal right, you end up losing it. If some day the media loses its special protections, I wouldn’t shed a tear for them. They are not deserving of those rights.
I think Pat is an ex-Democrat now....and also that Kristen lady on fox(darn can’t think of her last name)..Powers? ..they both have been sickened by the whole ordeal.
Alan Combs makes me ill the way he just sits and lies and deflects...rather than being honest about everything. Stupid Geraldo was the same way.
I actually flipped on MSNBC last night to see what the opposition was saying. I absolutely cannot believe that anyone would watch that nasty Rachel Maddow show. That woman makes positively no sense...and is just plain nasty.
It’s all crashing down on the big BO...thank the Good Lord for that.
Guillotines from orbit ... it’s the only way to be sure.
We must have more “Romney Democrats” vote for Romney. Worked for us when the “Reagan Democrats” voted for Reagan.
Pat has been an honest broker for more than a few years now.
The upshot is that journalists dont deserve special rights other than what you and I are entitled to. If they do get special treatment it is only a concession to their influence, not a matter of principle.
- Mainstream journalists work for institutions which are members of the Associated Press.
- People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public, or in some contrivance to raise prices. It is impossible indeed to prevent such meetings, by any law which either could be executed, or would be consistent with liberty and justice. But though the law cannot hinder people of the same trade from sometimes assembling together, it ought to do nothing to facilitate such assemblies; much less to render them necessary. - Wealth of nations, Book I, Ch 10
- The Associated Press newswire is nothing but a continuous 24/7 virtual meeting of people of the same trade of journalism. They must be presumed to be colluding against the public.
- The first step in any attempt at objectivity must be openness in declaring ones own interest and motivation as it relates to the issue under discussion.
- It is impossible to be open about ones own interests and motivations and simultaneously claim that you do not have any such motivations. That is, it is impossible to be open about ones own interests and motivations and simultaneously claim to actually be objective.
- All members of the AP claim that all members of the AP are objective. Therefore, members of the AP are not even trying to be objective. They may claim to tell both sides of the story - they may actually believe it - but they are not qualified to actually be able to see the side of the story that isnt aligned with their own interests. They dont actually believe that there is another side of the story than their own. Of course that is difficult for anyone to do - but then, people who do not claim to be objective are at least honest in that regard.
...”If some day the media loses its special protections, I wouldnt shed a tear for them. They are not deserving of those rights”...
If things do not change, that day will come.