Skip to comments.With No Specifics to the Accusations, Herman Cain Wins This Fight
Posted on 11/04/2011 7:40:06 PM PDT by Maelstorm
click here to read article
Yeah and I’ve never seen sexual harassment based on so little.
Always remember the first rule of power tactics:
1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”
2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat.... [and] the collapse of communication.
3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)
4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”
5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”
6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time....”
8. “Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.”
9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”
10. “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.”
11. “If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside... every positive has its negative.”
12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and ‘frozen.’...
“...any target can always say, ‘Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?’ When your ‘freeze the target,’ you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments.... Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the ‘others’ come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target...’
Wow. This is really bad for Cain. Has anyone ever seen an attorney say that their client's position is correct before? (/sarcasm)
Politico REALLY showed their true colors with this folks.
They are eqivalent to the New York Times as far as I’m concerned.
Have no doubt the establishment will attack Herman Cain because they know he can defeat Obama. Romney is supose to the fall guy just like McCain in 2008.
Don’t you see how it works 8 years Dems 8 years Pubs now it’s 8 years Dems again. It’s a rigged game.
However, Cain could ruin that and this is why the esatablishment is going after him. Keep in mind too Obama won 2 of his 3 elections by getting his opponent thrown out.
So no matter WHO it is you can count the Complient Obama worshiping Media and Press will attack the Republican candidate.
Cain is on top and THAT is why he is under attack.
The wicked flee though none pursue;
but the just, like a lion, are confident.
The media is less influential than they used to be. Internet and social media has changed how people get their news. Most people I know, weigh whatever they see on TV against whatever they follow online like Daily Caller, Right Scoop. Plus, there is a rather captive audience on Facebook. They are watching streaming feeds from their friends and the truth can spread nearly as fast as the rumor!
Even if they try and trot this out again, I think it will be buried pretty fast.
The media is not as they think they are.
Bring it on!
Unless he unzipped his pants and asked her to kiss it,
or groped her against her will,
or raped her,
or was getting blow jobs during working hours from an Intern,
....wait a minute, I am thinking of the wrong president, who was re-elected because sex is a personal matter?
“Yeah and Ive never seen sexual harassment based on so little.”
Here is my theory:
It was bait. That wasn’t supposed to be the real story. Politico got a vague tip from someone who knew this about Cain’s past and threw it out there hoping to hook the bigger story. If one woman was coming forward, surely several would. They were banking on the fact that Cain had a real scandal somewhere out there that would come forward. Meanwhile they retooled this story into 90 articles... waiting for someone to come forward.
Then, when nothing was happening, and they started becoming the object of ridicule, they walked it back.
Like I said, just a theory
You are probably right. It sure doesn’t look like there was any substance too it. Cain is pretty well vetted now and all the talk about a poorly run campaign seems to be irrelevant. He has money flowing like water into the campaign now. He has been essentially exonerated to all but the partisans who really not credible. I’m just relieved this worked out. I had a sense the tide was turning and it appears that now it has.
Evangelicals care if someone is not faithful in marriage. Just look at Newt Gingrich’s diminished support after his divorce. I think the Latte-licking Stalinists in the media will try to produce someone in public who will say that Cain had an affair or will start mentioning modified coke cans, etc. I would suspect this later in the nomination process.
Guess Bennett is banking on the "little people" being wowed by his nifty sounding soundbite, when it actually signifies exactly nothing.
The question is not how many people who have been accused of sexual harassment admit to it.
The question is how many people accused of sexual harassment are NOT GUILTY.
I would imagine Bennett has seen plenty in the latter category, if he were honest.
In fact, this has pretty much inoculated Herman Cain against most, if not all, of the dirty tricks that might be tried.
From what I am hearing from people who worked with Cain for a long time, he is not the type to sexually harass women. I am taking their word over Politico’s and the accuser woman’s lawyer. Did you see the news today that she is refusing to come out and tell all? I have more faith in people on our side than the opposition. If this or any other woman does not come out in the open to detail the charges within a couple of weeks, it will be way too late later. People are not stupid. They will know what this is all about. The liberals are scared shyytless about their black voting block getting fractured perhaps for good.
I also think the response of most conservatives — some, unfortunately, played right into the Liberal playbook by cooperating with their Theater of the Absurd — has put the LSM on notice that we will scrutinize their work and we have the means to pushback if they spew garbage.
Politico is probably surprised that not only did they not put a dent in Herman Cain with their spewage, they lost a whole lot of standing, even by journolist standards.
Wow. I have even seen attorneys swear up and down that their client is indicated, can’t wait to go to trial, at which they will be vindicated and venerated. And then it’s “never mind” when they plead guilty or the case is a slamdunk against them.
Yes, I have seen this!
It's especially good to send it to people who were too young or not at a place where they were paying attention to how shamefully our Senate treated Clarence Thomas.
indicated = innocent
Innocent doesn’t rhyme with vindicated. Change it back.
I’ll let the reader choose, howaboutthat?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.