Skip to comments.Citizen disarmament wears a white coat
Posted on 12/03/2010 6:37:42 PM PST by marktwain
Yesterday, we talked about the Violence Policy Center's bizarre attempt to link concealed carry and suicide. That attempt continues not only the VPC's longstanding campaign to discredit defensive handgun carry, but also their efforts to portray restrictive gun laws as an important tool to reduce suicide (works great in Japan!). Suicide is, of course, a mental health issue, so perhaps now would be a good time to discuss the intersection of health care and "gun control."
National Gun Rights Examiner David Codrea recently noted a study claiming that one in five Americans suffers from mental illness--in many cases, supposedly, undiagnosed and untreated. With efforts to expand the list of "prohibited persons" still ongoing, even after the NICS "Improvement" Act has made it much easier to be designated as "mentally defective," and thus a target for forcible citizen disarmament, the gun ban lobby is hardly likely to miss the opportunity to exploit that "1 in 5" study.
Support for draconian gun policies has long been prevalent in the health care profession. Back in 2008, for example, I talked about a video on WebMD where we're told that physicians should, as a matter of course, ask patients if they have firearms in their homes. Then, the executive director of the American College of Preventive Medicine (ACPM) argues for a a licensing system for gun ownership:
(Excerpt) Read more at examiner.com ...
This is exactly what is happening with Electronic Medical Records!!!
It’s a whole lot more than putting your records on a hard drive! It’s a massive questionaire asking intrusive questions about guns in the home, and whether they are secured.
Questions about abuse in the home.
In some places they are asking questions about sexual preference.
They are asking these questions in school clinics that use EMR when the parent is not present!
By the FBI’s own Uniform Crime Report stats you are more likely to be unlawfully killed by a police officer in this country than you are to be killed by someone with a HCP/CCW.
The police kill between 1200 and 1500 people a year in this country, about 900 are “justified”, this includes such ferocious “justifications” as the LVPD killing of that West Point grad in Costco a few months ago... so take that number with a grain of salt.
Between 300 and 500 are murdered by the police and the cops are tried for crimes ranging from Reckless Homicide to Murder as a result of those shootings.
According to the FBI the number of HCP/CCW holders who commit any arrest-able crimes in this country is almost statistically insignificant when compared to the total number of HCP/CCW holders. And murders are even fewer...
The most common crime a CCW Holder is arrested for is DUI.
Please also note that poll after poll show that 20-21% of Americans self-identify as liberals.
I don't think these numbers are a coincidence.
Using accusations of mental illness to deprive people of rights is a favorite tactic of totalitarian states. The Chinese are masters of this now that arresting people for no reason is more difficult for them.
What Good Can a Handgun Do Against An Army?
Articles that explain how modern liberals suffer from a mental disorder.
I posted this last month:
Electronic Medical Records questionaire
Friday, November 12, 2010 10:10:08 AM · 1 of 34
Let me begin by saying I’m sorry if my posting is a bit lacking.
I have a question on something that happened to me at the doctors office. I am a 57 year old grandmother. I changed doctors (within the same office) and they were setting up the new Electronics Medical Records for me required by the government. (I’m sure this has been discussed on this site, but I missed it.) The nurse was asking me a barrage of questions & we were have a friendly discussion; or so I thought. She asked if I had any guns, but I thought she was going to ask about my husbands hunting. I mistakenly answered that we had lots of guns. Then when she typed something and asked me exactly how many I had, I told her to stop. I told her it was no ones business, especially the governments, what I have. She then was offended and acted like I was hiding some criminal act because I did not answer her questions. I told her I did not want any private info s in my file. I don’t know if she put something in my file or not. I have questions.
Do I have a right to see my EMR? All of it, so I can make sure she did not include something I told her was private. I’m wondering if the reason this was asked was because last Christmas I bought my husband a gun for Christmas and I had to go to the police and get a license to buy the gun.
Does anyone know my rights here?
Does anyone know where I can find all the questions asked by the nurses/doctors for the EMR?
My husband and his fellow hunters are wondering about this. Thanks.
Ah so then I was justified in becoming offended when someone called me a “liberal scumbag” earlier?
Was there ever any doubt? That you were justified? lol
Particular striking is this single sentence:
“Anyone that questions authority Because the authority is god and anybody that questions authority must be a troublemaker that wishes to destabilize a society and commit acts of terrorism.”
Is there anyone who has not come across this attitude, even subdued, in a public official within the past 5 years?
But I’ve noticed that when I respond emotionally things ‘go wrong’.
(i.e. Life’s lesson to me, an emotional response is a wrong response.)
*sigh* — At least I can realize that I’m screwed up.
LOL Stuff does happen.
This cannot be posted too often. Pay attention to #38 & #39.
Communist Goals (1963)
Congressional Record—Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [”]united force[”] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
I don’t know what state you are in but myself, I would write a letter to my doctor and ask him. Make a copy for yourself.
I believe at the moment it is an an unfunded mandate”.
It’s pushing the limits here in Minnesota where the medical profession is getting a little too quick to label nearly everything as a mental health issue. I have resorted to selectively lying in order to blend into the ideal inhabitant of Namby Pamby Land. This includes denying owning a gun, covering up the bicycle racing (the political story is that I just do the lowest common denominator workouts at the gym). The Fairview network is becoming increasingly dominated by zampolits. In most cases the zampolits are the nurses who have minimal competence, but get into everyone’s business and have the most annoying Minnesota “mommy voice”.
It is reaching the point where I will no longer recognize any professional license issued by the State of Minnesota. No wonder good Minnesota businesses are moving to South Dakota.
Thanks. Keeper. Good reference.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.