Skip to comments.Prince Charles' coronavirus diagnosis made Prince Harry want to ‘return straight away,' insider claims
Posted on 03/26/2020 12:17:21 AM PDT by Morgana
Prince Charles coronavirus diagnosis may not be serious, but his loved ones within the royal household are said to be worried, one palace insider is alleging.
The 71-year-old, who is first in line to the British throne, has tested positive for COVID-19 during the pandemic after displaying mild symptoms, his office announced.
The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus. He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual," a rep from Clarence House told Fox News in a statement Wednesday morning.
(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
Then if it takes out Harry, the Brits could have Queen Meghan.
MeAgain has no idea what it is to be a Queen.
They would do an Anne Boleyn on her in a week.
For Harry to become King, the Queen, Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis would all have to die (although Harry would become Regent for George, Charlotte, or Louis until they were of age, he would not be King).
If Harry then died, while Meghan would be a Queen, she would not be the Queen. Archie would become King (possibly with Meghan as Regent, but the law would need to be changed for that to happen - otherwise Andrew would be Regent under current law).
There is no mechanism in British law for Meghan to ever rule as Queen - she could only be a Queen Consort to Harry with no power of any sort, or potentially a Regent to her underage child.
That by ain’t right.
No matter the love/hate relationship the Brits have with the monarchy, there is a zero probability a mulatto grifter will be allowed anywhere near the throne as Regent or otherwise. Baby Succotash is a non-player, as well. Fortunately, Migraine Markle-Farkle wouldn’t want any job that looks like work.
So Prince William will be next? If THe Queen and Charles both expire?
Yes, William is third in line for the Crown out of the 6,000 or so people in the line of succession...
6,000? I bet they each know what place they are in, too.
Three Garden Parties hosted by The Queen, due to be held at Buckingham Palace in May, will now not take place. Guests already invited to these Garden Parties will be asked to attend in 2021.”
My brother-in-law was supposed to attend this for his service as an alderman of 40 years, in a small English village.
The Royal family members are very involved and hard working people.
I’d guess the Queen is rooting for Kung Flu. She never wanted Charles to be king.
Such a hard-working man... Snort... 😆🤣
The simple fact is Archie is in the line of succession, and if it came down to it, he would become King.
If he was underage, he would need a Regent.
At the present time, under the Regency Act of 1937, if Archie became King while under 18, his Regent would be Prince Andrew, as the next adult in the line of succession.
But under the Regency Act of 1953, if the Queen had died while Charles was under age, Prince Phillip would have become Regent - as consort of the previous Monarch, and surviving parent of the new Monarch.
In the extremely unlikely event a situation developed where Harry became King, and Archie became Heir Apparent (which he would if Harry was King) it is very likely a Regency Act would be put in place to make the Queen Consort (Meghan) the Regent in waiting for Archie.
The monarchy operates based on rules and precedent, that doesn’t pay any real attention to the individual personalities of the people involved.
William’s son is next in line, not Harry. And the wife of a Queen Consort (what Meghan would be if Harry were King) doesn’t become a Queen Regnant when her husband dies.
Ha. No, they’d be better of coronating Prince George.
He wants to go BACK, now? Is he kidding??
Correct - the current line of succession is (for the first thirty places):
1. Charles, Prince of Wales (as eldest son of the Queen)
2. William, Duke of Cambridge (as eldest son of the Prince of Wales)
3. Prince George of Cambridge (as eldest child* of the Duke of Cambridge)
4. Princess Charlotte of Cambridge (as second child of the Duke of Cambridge)
5. Prince Louis of Cambridge (as third child of the Duke of Cambridge)
6. Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (as second son of the Prince of Wales).
7. Archie Mountbatten-Windsor (as only child of the Duke of Sussex)
8. Prince Andrew, Duke of York (as second son of the Queen)
9. Princess Beatrice of York (as eldest daughter of the Duke of York)
10. Princess Eugenie of York (as second daugher of the Duke of York)
11. Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex (as third son of the Queen)
12. James Mountbatten-Windsor, Viscount Severn (as only son of the Earl of Wessex)
13. Lady Louise Windsor (as only daughter of the Earl of Wessex)
14. Anne, the Princess Royal (as only daughter of the Queen)
15. Peter Phillips (as only son of the Princess Royal)
16. Savannah Phillips (as eldest daughter of Peter Phillips)
17. Isla Phillips (as second daughter of Peter Phillips)
18. Zara Tindall (as only daughter of the Princess Royal)
19. Mia Tindall (as eldest daughter of Zara Tindall)
20. Lena Tindall (as second daughter of Zara Tindall)
21. David Armstrong-Jones, 2nd Earl of Snowdown (as the only son of The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon (Deceased), younger sister of the Queen
22. Charles Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley (as the only son of the 2nd Earl of Snowdon)
23. Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones (as the only daughter of the 2nd Earl of Snowdon)
24. Lady Sarah Chatto (as the only daughter of The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon (Deceased), younger sister of the Queen)
25. Samuel Chatto (as the eldest son of Lady Sarah Chatto)
26. Arthur Chatto (as the second son of Lady Sarah Chatto)
27. Prince Richard, 2nd Duke of Gloucester (as eldest son of Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester (Deceased), Uncle of the Queen, brother of King George VI (Deceased), third son of King George V (Deceased))
28. Alexander Windsor, Earl of Ulster (as eldest son of the 2nd Duke of Gloucester)
29. Xan Windsor, Lord Culloden (as only son of the Earl of Ulster)
30. Lady Cosima Windsor (as only daughter of the Earl of Ulster).
I’ll stop there - the line of succession is actually known to somewhere over 5000 places at this point - but I’ve done the first thirty as an illustration of how confused the line can seem at first glance - the first person without a title comes at number 7, but there are actually people with the title of Prince at number 48 (Prince Michael of Kent - the Queen’s first cousin, and a grandson of King George V) and Princess at number 53 (Princess Alexandra, The Honourable Lady Ogilvy - also the Queen’s first cousin, and a granddaughter of King George V).
The line is fixed by Acts of Parliament (most notably the Act of Settlement of 1701 that provided that the protestant heirs of Sophia, Electress of Hanover (mother of King George I - she died two months before he became King or she would have been Queen) would form the line of succession - those 5000 or so people are all of her non-Catholic descendants - and can only be altered by Act of Parliament.
Prince Richard seems like he is gnawing at the bit for the job.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.