Skip to comments.Some Thoughts on the Mueller Investigation [Vanity]
Posted on 04/19/2019 5:29:05 PM PDT by BobL
Some Thoughts on the Mueller Investigation [Vanity]
Now that the report is out, some of the stuff that didn't make sense at the time is starting to make sense, at least to myself. Here are a few things that came to mind:
1. Why did the investigation drag on for well over a year after Muller's people had concluded that Trump didn't collude with Russia? Answer: As long as they were 'investigating' or at least claimed to be doing such, there was no way that Trump could 'prove' that he didn't collude with Russia - they wanted that doubt to carry through to 2020. In the mean time, with KGB-type powers, they were investigating everything and everyone around Trump, with the purpose of sending a message to people who are inclined to support Trump - which is that you do so at your own risk, to both your bank account and even your freedom. They were having a blast, to the point of the famous CNN raid. On top of that, Mueller's people had the evidence of the clearly illegal stuff the FBI did to Trump, some of it was Rosenstein's fingerprints on it - so Rosenstein figures that the only way to keep himself out of jail was to let the investigation continue, hopefully with Trump losing the 2020 election, and then all would be forgotten with the incoming Hillary Administration.
2. Why did Adam Shiff flat-out continue to lie regarding having absolute proof of collusion, when his lie would eventually come out? Answer: The intent was the same as the above, which was to continue supplying the country with doubt about Trump through 2020, and then no one would ever care either way if he were lying. The position that Mr. Shiff had was very useful to him - he could falsely claim that he had evidence of collusion, but at the same time say that he couldn't not disclose said evidence because it was a government secret, which very people, himself included, had access to. Mr. Nunes had access to the same non-information, and so was clueless as to what the hell Shiff was talking about - but when the two butted heads, obviously Shiff wins in the media. This reminds me of Harry Reid claiming that Romney had not paid any taxes in 10 years. Most likely Reid had no clue either way, but he still made the claim. When he as asked about it after the election, he famously said - "Romney didn't win, did he?". That's where Shiff was hoping to go.
On a side note, I'm hard-pressed to think of a more egregious example of flat-out political lying in my lifetime. It's on the order of Bill Clinton saying that he never had sex with that woman - except this is worse, because Shiff was hiding behind his security clearance to make the claims and with those claims accusing Trump of treason. And this well-beyond anything I can remember regarding Obama or the Bushes - sure they all broke promises, but nothing matches this level, at least that I can think of.
3. So what did happen regarding the long-term plan of Mueller's team, and why did it take so long? Answer: Now that we know that Trump knew they had nothing on him, since there was nothing to have, it becomes more clear as to why Trump wasn't in a huge hurry to end the investigation, as that would have left a cloud over his head. He obviously wanted it ended, and had every right to want it ended, as there wasn't anything to find. The problem was that he had no easy way to get it closed down until right after the 2018 election, when he finally had enough Senators to outvote the Drama Queens in that body, in this case most notably Flake [and losing the Alabama seat sure as hell didn't help things]. Had Trump fired Sessions or had Sessions resigned, the Senate would have been deadlocked with Rosenstein now running both the investigation and the rest of the Justice Department...and no, Trump would have been facing impeachment if he fired Rosenstein. He was trapped.
What must have happened next, after Barr took over, but I still haven't seen anything written on it was the following - Barr asks Rosenstein what evidence of collusion does Mueller have, Rosenstein says none, Barr asks Rosenstein why the investigation hasn't ended, Rosenstein obviously cannot tell the truth [which is that he, Rosenstein, is being protected from prosecution by that same investigation] and instead shrugs his arms, at that point, Barr gives Mueller 30 days to write up a final report...and that's it.
4. Is the media biased, and how does it relate to this? Answer: Obviously, at least to us, here. But nearly half the country still thinks that the media is fair. It's hard to argue back, but here we've been handed a great opportunity. In this case, the media was telling us, non-stop, that there was collusion, based on their sources [most being unnamed, but also Mr. Shiff]...and taking them at their word that they really did have sources, how are they responding to having been lied to, non-stop, by these same sources? They don't seem bothered, not one bit, by having spent 3 years telling the American public non-stop lies. One would think that if they had any anger, it would be directed at their sources...unless they knew the entire time that they were lying to the country. That's all one can conclude, and I challenge anyone to conclude anything else.
5. Why did Barr say that Trump was spied on? Answer: Because Trump was spied on, that simple. But let's go through this a bit more. First, the background - Barr was testifying before the Commerce-Justice-Science Subcommittee of the US Senate, he was under oath, something that was almost never the case with Trump accusers [and often they were unnamed]. If Barr knew that Trump was spied on, but then denied it under oath, he risks going to jail for a long time. Likewise if Barr had claimed under oath that Trump was spied on, but Trump was not spied on, same outcome, long jail time due to lying to Congress. Barr only had one option in that situation - tell the truth, which he did.
Now compare that to the situations of the people who are denying that Trump was spied on - they are either saying that on news shows, or as unnamed sources - either way, they're not risking serious jail time if they lie. But Barr was at risk - he was cornered - he had to tell the truth...and so he did.
So they could try to induce Trump to commit some act(s) that could be prosecuted as OBSTRUCTION. All Weasel Mueller and his Coven had was Process Crimes to generate, if possible.
Hey that was good.
With all the #### today they’re spreading on the msm, did you think ANY part of it supports their insanity?
I am just curious.
They are screaming impeachment.
What are they throwing out as a reason?
That IS very possible.
It’s all Dem long range planning.
They wanted to keep the investigation past 2018 so they could get the House, so they’d have enough to impeach with obstruction charges. They figured that Trump would pardon or attempt to mess with the pointlessly overdone Manafort and Stone arrests, so they could recommend charges.
The problem is that Trump fired Sessions right after the midterms and put Barr into place, someone that Rosenstein and others respected the opinions of, and within 6 weeks or so, the investigation was over.
Now were in a holding pattern until the OIG releases the report on FISA abuses, which may not be severe, but will at least recommend charges filed on whomever in the FBI leaked 302 details to the press. Either this Monday or after the OIG occurs, you’re going to see a declass of information.
Mifsud was basically handed over by the Italians yesterday, and I’m sure there will be quite a few people interested in his story.
Seems likely to me, but it would be interesting and entertaining to get the whole story bout how Barr shut the Witch Hunt down.
it all makes sense once you accept everyone shouting TrumpRussia - from Dems/GOP/local & foreign Intel/MSM etc - had colluded to stop Trump becoming President and had to keep up the attack once he became President in order to protect themselves, from Obama on down.
the only way to defeat this narrative is to concentrate on the evidence:
19 Apr: Washington Examiner: Devin Nunes: ‘Hidden’ passage in Mueller report shows scope memo tainted by Trump dossier
House Intelligence Committee ranking member Devin Nunes, R-Calif., revealed where in special counsel Robert Mueller’s report he says “Clinton dirt” tainted the Russia investigation...
“When you look at what happened today, remember we talked a lot about the scope memo. What were the directions given to the special counsel? Well, we now know hidden on page 11, very thinly, still veiled, but we now know they used the Steele dossier, the Clinton dirt, the Clinton-paid-for dirt as part of the memo for the special counsel that directed the special counsel what to do,” Nunes told host Sean Hannity.
The classified scope memorandum was issued by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein in August 2017, months after he appointed Mueller to lead the Russia investigation without citing a crime...
“That is the only thing of relevance that was in today’s 450-page report,” he emphasized...
17 Apr: GatewayPundit: HUGE!
John Solomon: Obama Administration Spying on Trump Began in January 2016 Evidence Is Coming (VIDEO)
by Jim Hoft
The Hills John Solomon joined Sean Hannity on the eve of the release of the full Mueller Report on Thursday.
Solomon told Sean Hannity that the spying on the Trump campaign began back in January 2016 and it was all run by the Obama White House.
Solomon added that more evidence will be released NEXT WEEK!
John Solomon: One text message has always stuck out in my mind And that is the text message from Peter Strzok to Lisa Page after coming out of one of the meetings And the text says, The White House is running this. I covered law enforcement for 30 years. The White House does not normally run counter intelligence for Justice Department investigations. That text remained in my head for a long time. And over the last few weeks Ive been reporting, I think Victoria (Toensing) in the last segment had something really important. She said January 1, 2017, there was at least one White House meeting. I think next week well be talking about a meeting one year earlier where the origins of the Trump collusion case begin. A whole year earlier.
>They are screaming impeachment.
They’ve got nothing else. The problem is the Dems are basically screwed either way. They can scream impeachment, impeach, and then see a plethora of information exonerating Trump be released DURING THE IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS, or they can sit still (which I think they will because they don’t want to make Trump look like the underdog) and still see a plethora of information exonerating Trump.
Their base is so crazy that only a few will believe it, but at least now we have five years of Trump with the Dems off his back.
Boy Scout Mueller is really just a WitchFinder and a Liar.
Hey we got the heavyweights posting on this thread tonight :)
Powerful responses, both.
I usually just @#$@#$ and some more @#$@# :)
Thanks, as to why they keep screaming impeachment, I think they know that literally everything from now until the 2020 election dealing with Russia is going to make them [the left] look worse and worse, so they flood the airwaves regarding impeachment, and that drowns out the spying charges against the FBI, the IG reports that are due soon, probable indictments and trials of Obama officials, and everything else.
In other words, it’s all they have left to make Trump look bad, so they’re stuck using it - even though they now know that there is no hope of getting the 20 Republican votes in the Senate to remove Trump, heck even Romney isn’t ready to side with the Dems on that.
Caputo was just on with Tucker re:
18 Apr: Spectrum News: Former Trump Campaign Staffer (Michael Caputo) Calls Mueller Report “Mischievous”
By Ryan Whalen
“I find it very curious in the part where they talk about me being approached by a Russian offering dirt on Hillary Clinton, they forget to tell the public that this Russian was working for the FBI, had been for 17 years as an informant and was living in the United States on an FBI informant visa waiver,” Caputo said...
“It’s a mischievous report when you think about it,” Caputo said. “If they did that to me, someone completely on the margin of this investigation, a witness and nothing more, if they did that to me, can you imagine the other mischievous things they did throughout this report?”...
Caputo also referred Tucker to the following:
Democrat Dossier: Greenberg Dossier
“The problem was that he had no easy way to get it closed down until right after the 2018 election, when he finally had enough Senators to outvote the Drama Queens in that body, in this case most notably Flake [and losing the Alabama seat sure as hell didn’t help things]. Had Trump fired Sessions or had Sessions resigned, the Senate would have been deadlocked with Rosenstein now running both the investigation and the rest of the Justice Department...and no, Trump would have been facing impeachment if he fired Rosenstein. He was trapped.”
This is exactly what I argued for a year, that Trump could not fire either RR or Mulehead without triggering impeachment AND a close conviction vote with the McTurds and Flakeys.
Now, interesting tidbit-—and it’s so interesting Sundance at “The Last Refuge” actually asked for research help on this: why was there a gap (I think 10 days) between when the FBI had Downer involved in this and when the Australian government said Downer was involved? Obviously someone in the FBI (or Australian government) needed to clean something up . . . but what?
......”shouting TrumpRussia - from Dems/GOP/local & foreign Intel/MSM etc - had colluded to stop Trump becoming President and had to keep up the attack once he became President in order to protect themselves, from Obama on down.”......
They’re still doing this...of course with the election ahead it’s still important their base thinks they’re doing a work on Trump but in reality they still need to keep the hounds off their tail until the election....so this will continue I think.
Tell you what. I suck at prediction, which means I will issue one, LOL.
The Dems are going to get very far over their skis on this obstruction thing, and the ones who like to think of themselves as adults are going to be run off the cliff of sanity by Ocasio and Tlaib.
The best thing that the GOP could do (which means it is the last thing in the universe they will ever do) is to work to weld the Dem party to the radical insanity of Ocasio et al. Not that there’s even that much work to do to achieve that. She’s getting all the press.
The GOP needs to repeat that the Dems have lied and been wrong for two solid years and they can’t wait to launch into 2 more years of the same thing. All because they are in a continuous state of throwing a temper tantrum over poor Hillary’s 2016 loss.
Democrats will impeach, and the senate rhinos will remove him... our republic is lost... gird your loins everyone.
"I am appalled that, among other things, fellow citizens working in a campaign for president welcomed help from Russia -- including information that had been illegally obtained; that none of them acted to inform American law enforcement," he wrote.
1. Based on what we know NOW, what exactly would have been accomplished if "American law enforcement" had been informed? The FBI/CIA was already conducting illicit FISA surveillance on Trump campaign members by the time this meeting took place.
2. Read through #1 again. Who -- at this point in April 2019 -- would even consider anyone in "American law enforcement" to be credible and trustworthy when it comes to dealing with matters related to the Trump political campaign?
Romney's statement falls apart under this close scrutiny. In fact, I'm sure his top priority right now is to run interference for U.S. intelligence and law enforcement assets who have been conducting this kind of illegal surveillance on political candidates for years.
So let me get this straight ...
These morons are criticizing Trump for failing to notify "American law enforcement" about a Russian who was working as an FBI asset when she arranged to meet with Trump's team?
‘’Romney’s statement falls apart under this close scrutiny. In fact, I’m sure his top priority right now is to run interference for U.S. intelligence and law enforcement assets who have been conducting this kind of illegal surveillance on political candidates for years.’’
Including against possibly Romney himself, in 2012. As I’ve pointed out before, this brazen level of crime very rarely starts this high...it builds up over time, as the criminals see that they are getting away with more and more.
So one more thing that Barr an the IGs really need to look at is WHO ELSE has this little cabal at the FBI been spying on? Maybe Senators, House members...who knows, but I’m sure that it doesn’t start and end at Trump.
One other question - Since when did it become required to disclose all contacts with foreigners when involved in a federal election campaign?
The only that I know about is that it is illegal to accept contributions from non-Americans - if they don’t give you anything of tangible value [money or equivalent], since when do you have to report the contacts?
Is it because Hillary deigned the Russians to be ‘bad people’ that we’re now supposed to all treat them different? As far as I know there are no laws against talking to them, or even working with them - not like there are with North Korea, for example.
Yep. And CNN and others did their very best to get Trump to fire Mueller so they could claim obstruction.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.